Labor Ministry to spearhead human trafficking eradication

webfact

Labor Ministry to spearhead human trafficking eradication

BANGKOK, 15 December 2014 (NNT)- The US has advised Thailand on how to prevent human trafficking and child labor, says Advisor to the Labor Minister Noppadon Kannikar.

Mr. Noppadon revealed after meeting with representatives of the American Department of Labor that Thailand, according to the US, should approach these issues by developing a policy that directly targets the existing problems, strictly enforcing the laws, and developing a labor database.

These measures would help keep Thailand out of the US blacklist. The US representatives also engaged in a discussion on 4 products from Thailand which have been banned by the US since 2009. The products included shrimps, fish, sugar cane and garments.

The advisor said the advice on the the issues of human trafficking and export were positive to the Thai economy. He further stated that the European Union will also send a team of representatives to inspect the Thai fishing industry next year, given Thailand has been downgraded to a Tier 3 ranking.

The Ministry of Labor will set up a team, which consists of members from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Interior, and the Marine Department, among others, to follow up on the progress of the country's efforts to tackle the issues.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-15 footer_n.gif

This is the first time that to my knowledge that a Thai Administration has actually said they have received advise from another country and they listened and what's more startling they are going to act on that advise , there could be truth in the theory that the Coup is indeed helping Thailand move forward, the happiness chart must be now at least reading 62% coffee1.gif

• Like 1

The American Sugar industry is a protected market. They use imported sugar for products like processed food from American canning and bottling companies because they are so cheap. In-store cane sugars available there are only from American companies.

Worst, it seems to be, at best, more contradictory posturing...

Yes, I wrote that pun while I burped.

Edited by FangFerang

All heard before, even with all the US and EU advice, and as always SFA done about it because of corrupt people at the very top..... and it will continue, on and on, ad infinitum. coffee1.gif

Ad Infinitum !

Perfect expression!

This is actually what's happening!

NOTHING has changed!

Sad...

But true!

And...

NOTHING will change!

My very humble opinion...

I used to be indecisive about The Land Of Smiles,now I'm not sure... at all!

I do no believe anymore...

I am sad...