TrueVisions - Will they ever get it right?

bdenner

Not only that -- about a week ago, they messed around with their on-line program guide and now I can't seem to scroll thru the time-of-day. I can advance the day-of-week and the channels, but not the time-of-day. No way I can see what's going to be on tonight.

Their printed program guide, which we can still download, is worthless.

Waste of paper, postage costs and bandwidth!

On this site there is a slider at the bottom of the page which will take you thru programs up to midnight. BUT it I can't see where it advances to following days?blink.png

http://truevisionsgroup.truecorp.co.th/tvguide

EDIT OK found it by clicking on the date.

Edited by bdenner

Looks like a bug (what a surprise) on their web page. The slider disappears when in windows mode, it reappears when the page is maximized!

I have 2 monitors on my machine and keep my browser (FireFox) on one of them at all times maximized, that's why I didn't pick up on the problem at first glance.

Edited by bdenner
  • Like 1

I have just about had it with true visions ,we downgraded years ago to gold ,but now i am seriously thinking of getting rid of it altogether ,far to expensive for repeat after repeat.

Most of those who jumped did so when TRUE lost the live Premier games, but I am still here for the other stuff. eg watched live NFL the last 2 mornings.

In checking I find out some

Of us do not have all the new channels! I for example do not have channels 173 - 176 - not sure how to find out if other channels are missing?! Truevision's service rep cannot come for a few days - am assuming fixing the same problem for other people!!!

Just my opinion but TV has become less important as I grow older so rather than watch mindless reruns on TrueVisions I got GMM for a 1/5th of the price with 80% of the programming plus less reruns. All in all better value for the money and enough TV for many people.

Who needs a TV in Thailand? Nearly 5 years without ... it's ok.

Those who post with questions seem to want it. Some do without a computer, books, shoes, phone, electricity and indoor plumbing, etc.

A need, perhaps not, but then freedom of choice is wonderful.

Life without TV is ok as well.

Live and Let Live.

Edited by Benmart
  • Like 1

I have just about had it with true visions ,we downgraded years ago to gold ,but now i am seriously thinking of getting rid of it altogether ,far to expensive for repeat after repeat.

If there were a viable alternative they would go out of business. They are incapable of getting the programme notification/timing right on both their broadcasts and on their website.

If it were not for Setanta, I would have ditched them a few years ago.

• Like 1

What is the reception like for this mob in Chiang Mai?

I've heard it isn't too good when it rains...and how much do they charge? I've been using WeTV (Worst Ever Television) but they no longer take Australia Plus, as there has been a switch of Satellites from Australia and the fools at Wetv can't manage to find the new one, even though I have tried to tell them where to find it.

Any info/reviews on True Visions or other TV Service Providers would be appreciated.

Hard to believe but I've had them for over 16 years--even during the UBC era, and if they haven't got it right by now, they never will! I soooo wish some other company would come to Thailand and put them out of their misery....and the subscribers! I know it's not a monopoly on their part, as there is some competition out there, but something's going on since it's only small time players that even try to compete against them.

OK, I checked out the on-line program guide with our newest computer and the slider-thingy is on the bottom of the screen and works just fine. But, it isn't there with my favorite computer, an HP laptop with a big honking graphic capabilities that lets me surf the internet at lightening speed despite being older than my granny in computer years. We brought this computer over with us in 2006. Sigh. Maybe it's time to shoot the old grey mare.

Edited by NancyL

For what it might be worth to some here, you might want to try out the media suite XMBC (Google it), which is an opensource free media suite. You can add a plugin NAVI-X with allows you to watch real time TV users share. Some are quite slow and many are OK. It's all Internet based so you need Internet.

You can find many stations (1000s) and many languages as well as premium feeds for pay-per-view events such as boxing, UFC, Soccer (Football), baseball, cricket, movies, etc.

It's worth a try for some and not worth it for others. For me it's OK. But I use torrents for TV shows/movies for my TV purposes. I have cable on my TV but have not even turned it on for over 2 years.