Thai taxis reject even '2PM' K-pop star

webfact

Taxis reject even '2PM' K-pop star
By Coconuts Bangkok

2pmrapper.jpg

BANGKOK: -- If you're Thai and upset by taxi drivers choosing foreigners over you, or you're a foreigner frustrated by overcharging, don't be too upset. Everyone is subject to the same mistreatment, even the rich and famous.

Ok Taec-yeon, lead rapper of the Korean boy band 2PM, may be used to being mobbed by fangirls, but he couldn’t get taxi drivers to give him a ride in front of Central World on Saturday.

Taec-yeon was in Thailand for a 2PM show Friday and was shopping at Central World on a free day before heading back to Korea.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/12/16/taxis-reject-even-2pm-k-pop-star

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-12-16

• Like 1

Also didn't the dear leader announce shortly after the coup that the Taxi mafia at Swampy would be dealt with? Whatever happened with that?

They have got rid of the women at the counter who used to issue tickets, and replaced them with a computerised system.

Only trouble is the queues now seem longer than before.

It is called progress!!whistling.gif

• Like 2

Also didn't the dear leader announce shortly after the coup that the Taxi mafia at Swampy would be dealt with? Whatever happened with that?

No time for that right now, has 50 speeches and seminaries booked for next 10 days....

Many an announcement to make, no time for action..

• Like 2

They have got rid of the women at the counter who used to issue tickets, and replaced them with a computerised system.

Queues seem to have more people, but go much faster. I'm pleased by the new system. On a day when the line looked ridiculous, it took 8 minutes. On a normal looking day, it took less than 30 seconds to get a taxi.

• Like 1

Last Sunday I had to drive from Sukumvit Soi 11 to the Don Mueang airport at 10am (a time with no traffic jam).
Outside the hotel they were 10 taxis standing, but no one wanted to go with meter.
They quoted all between 600 -800 baht.
I went down the street with my heavy luggage.
Have stopped 5 passing taxis but nobody wanted to drive me to the airport for the regular fare with meter on.
At the end of the road I found a taxi for 400 baht all in (including highway toll).
The driver told me that in Soi 11 is too much taxi mafia.
Passing taxis are reluctant to take passengers for the normal meter fare.They are afraid.

• Like 2

Mebe the Taxi mafia was replaced with the Computer Mafiacheesy.gif

With a computerised system with a guy who press the button for you.

It feels like I saw already 20 different systems there and from the first time in Thailand (Don Muang) till now I see the quality only going down, but more staff needed.

I tried to go from Asok station to airport in afternoon. Only 8th taxi car driver agreed to take me there for non-ridiculous price and still- it was no meter on .

To me - it looks like less order in taxi service now than before.

I know it is not aways convenient with luggage - but best to get away from the taxis and just take the airport link.

Sir, they are being dealt with. How dare you question the legitimacy of statements made by this government? They are restoring happiness to all Thais, who were therefore and obviously miserable before.

They are being dealt with. This deal is the same deal.....

tongue.png

PS: As an aside, the singer's name is Tacheo-yeon (tachyon), which is a particle moving faster than light and; therefore, moving backwards in time. THE IRONY IS HILARIOUS (well, to some of us that are interested in such things).

Edited by FangFerang
  • Like 1

Gawd wouldn't it be nice if there farang on this site would do nothing but bit&^h. But never happen.

Except from attacking your fellow posters, what exactly was your contribution to the thread??

Membership is not compulsory!!coffee1.gif

I feel much better about being rejected on Silom last evening/ 6 pm/ by 4 taxis, I asked to take me to Charoen Khrung!

If they don't take Korean "superstars", who am I - a mere mortal- to complain?!

• Like 1

You guys in power need to create a strict rule. If you are caught refusing a passenger ( other than going back to your livery) then your license is suspended for a month .

Do it a second time your license is suspended for 3 months. Do it 3 times and you re not allowed to drive a taxi again period

When will you guys get it . A taxi is a service to the public. If you are not prepared to play by the rules then don't become a taxi driver.

I don't ask anymore to a driver I just get in and tell him where I want to go. So far no one has rejected me See how long this lasts

• Like 1

The best thing we can do to effect change, is for everyone to try to avoid using taxis if there is any other alternative available.

Walk, Use the Bus, SkyTrain or Subway if you can. If not then try a Motorcycle Taxi if possible.

If everyone keeps taxis as there absolute last resort, this will put a large dent in their business, and it may cause a wake up across the industry.

And especially DO NOT use a Taxi that is just sitting around doing nothing.

Just smile as you walk by and leave them sitting there, while you look for one driving by, if you must use a Taxi.