Court not required for child custody?

nabbie

Yes... I divorced my wife at the Khet or district office with just an officer, Custody of child; if agreed by both parties to whom the child goes is also finished at the same time with the same officer... In the end they all agree to give to the father or the foreigner... as they do not want any responsibility of custody and financial obligations... That is women & Thailand for you...

If ever, later on, you want to apply for a passport for the child, you will definitely need a court decision about the childs custody. I know it, just went through it.

If you want absolutely legal custody, only a court decision counts. The paper from the amphoe is worth nothing at all. We had one and a passport couldn't be issued.

If ever, later on, you want to apply for a passport for the child, you will definitely need a court decision about the childs custody. I know it, just went through it.

If you want absolutely legal custody, only a court decision counts. The paper from the amphoe is worth nothing at all. We had one and a passport couldn't be issued.

mostly the Thai courts only grant dual custody, very rarely sole custody. When it is joint custody and you apply for a Thai passport or renewal, both parents must give permission for the passport to be issued, or at least that's the law, as I know of instances were the Thai wife, with whom the child does not live, some how obtaining the passport without any Imput from the Farang father. It would seem this is yet another example of how Thai law can be used to discriminate against the non thai.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Also be a little wary of what amphur officers say is the law. Often they are outspoken but in reality their knowledge of the law is well lacking and just their personal opinion.

Example: close Thai relative went with his Thai wife to amphur office to get official divorce, both agreed with no argument.

Wife didn't want any settlement (she had reasons) but amphur officer tried to insist that it's the law wife had to receive 100,000Baht cash

on the desk before amphur officer could sign.

Husband called his lawyer, she came quickly. A few questions by the lawyer quickly revealed that the amphur officer (lady) didn't

know the law at all and in fact she eventually admitted it was just her opinion.

I dont know what is your situation now. If its the same as me i can give some advice.

My questions for you.

1. Do you both finished with good or bad?

2. How much do you love your kids? For example...I can die for my kids or I will do the best of the best for them or whatever their life, it depends on the fate.

3. Do you want kids to live with you or doesnt matter?

4.Do you want 100% custody or share 50:50?

I will suggest for positive way. You go to Ampher agree how much you will pay for kids and wife living cost, also write on agreement when you want to see kids. If you really want to divorce and dont want to get some trouble just need to do what you have said on an agreement.

Next month i have to bring my kids to Juvenile detention court. They want to see if my family, place to live, back ground, environment... etc. If its suitable and comfortable for kids or not. Sometimes they will have some questions for kids too.

In my case i need 100%custody. Thats why i choose the hassle way. Its wasting lots of time and money. I had to pay for a lawyer and civil court also.

Yes... I divorced my wife at the Khet or district office with just an officer, Custody of child; if agreed by both parties to whom the child goes is also finished at the same time with the same officer... In the end they all agree to give to the father or the foreigner... as they do not want any responsibility of custody and financial obligations... That is women & Thailand for you...

I just got the sole child custody certificate today. It is called Kor 6. It has no flowery frame but stamped in red circles both sides and it must be renewal annually. Is that what you have received?

You make good point - I would like to consider for the child having a new UK passport next year. I have not reported in UK about divorce yet so I think no harm to treat my ex-Thai wife as my current wife in order to lessen the complication. Is that possible?