Meat slicer in Pattaya

lemel

J&P Stainless on 3rd Road, a few hundred metres south of the junction with Pattaya Tai on the west side of the street.

The most expensive shop for kitchen/restaurant supplies, that I know.

I remember one year ago, when I was looking for a 5KG sausage stuffer....more than 20000 Baht (for imported Chinese stuff).

The identical stuffer was ~13000 at the large shop on Sukhumvit.

Eventually I bought it at a shop in Chinatown/BKK for less than 8000 Baht.

Forget Pattaya if you need (semi) professional equipment at a decent price.

Maybe Turkleton's right - I have no idea about the pricing of the slicers at J&P, I just know I've seen them there.

I think the place on 2nd Road you have been directed towards is another branch of the shop next to Foodland.

If you don't mind getting a second hand slicer there are a couple of shops on Sukhumvit you could try - one is a little north of the new Index, on the same side of the road and the other is on the opposite side of the road in a similar location if I remember correctly.

You could also try these guys: http://www.italsupplies.com/affettatriciEN.htm

• Like 1

forget Verasu or Lazada, no professional stuff (except a very few items)

If you don't want to search in BKK, you can try

https://www.facebook.com/mr.machinery2012

Loads of (semi) professional supplies.

attachicon.gifmrmachinery.JPG

Verasu and Lazada have lots of quality gear. Mr. Machinery's equipment looks like Chinese and Thai made gear. You get what you pay for.

• Like 1

Collingbourne's auction house, Soi Chayapruek, about 1 km inland from the train line.

Other than that, check out the second hand shops on a regular basis. There's one on Sukhumvit near the old index and many more of them.

Verasu and Lazada have lots of quality gear. Mr. Machinery's equipment looks like Chinese and Thai made gear. You get what you pay for.

Nothing wrong with Verasu or Lazada....BUT almost only CONSUMER appliances!

But for me it seems, the OP looks for a COMMERCIAL slicer!

The only slicer, I've found at Lazada is an overpriced, imported very basic consumer model (UNOLD 78816) for 4500 Baht.

This one sells in Germany for the equivalent of ~2500 Baht.

But I hardly doubt, that's what the OP is looking for.

However, there are lots of shops in BKK, where you can get all kind of this COMMERCIAL stuff.

Two examples:

http://www.factoryoutletshop.net/store/

http://www.shh-foodmachine.com/store/home/en.html

Mr. Machinery's equipment looks like Chinese and Thai made gear

And what do you think, where all the other crap stuff comes from?

Handmade in Germany/Switzerland/Uk/US? clap2.gif

Edited by Turkleton

Nothing wrong with Verasu or Lazada....BUT almost only CONSUMER appliances!

But for me it seems, the OP looks for a COMMERCIAL slicer!

The only slicer, I've found at Lazada is an overpriced, imported very basic consumer model (UNOLD 78816) for 4500 Baht.

This one sells in Germany for the equivalent of ~2500 Baht.

But I hardly doubt, that's what the OP is looking for.

However, there are lots of shops in BKK, where you can get all kind of this COMMERCIAL stuff.

Two examples:

http://www.factoryoutletshop.net/store/

http://www.shh-foodmachine.com/store/home/en.html

Mr. Machinery's equipment looks like Chinese and Thai made gear

And what do you think, where all the other crap stuff comes from?

Handmade in Germany/Switzerland/Uk/US? clap2.gif

Many appliances are made in these countries. If it's a pure Chinese brand, like many are on Mr. Machinery's website, then the quality is typically lower. Along with the price. I'd take a consumer model of KitchenAid before I'd take a commercial model of a pure Chinese brand any day.

If it's brands like Braun, Hafele, Siemens, KitchenAid, Chef's Choice, etc. Then even if some parts are made in China, they are of high quality. Just like Apple products. We do live in a global economy after all....

Tried

1. Makro north: price 29,000

2. Ital Arroy: price 63,000, did have another one but the girls did not know price

3. 2 places on sukhumvit 26,900

4. Italsupplies:

MEAT SLICER 12" 32,000THB(in stock)
MEAT SLICER 14" 44,000THB
MEAT SLICER 16" 56,000THB(DELIVERY 45 DAYS)
5. Collingbournes closed till the 4th Jan
6. factory outletshop does not give prices
7. Tried mr Machinarys telephone number but no aknowledgement, Sent email
8. SHH foodmachine dont give prices on website for some reason.
I think I will give either Lazada or Verasu a try.
Thank you for all of the responses, would have preferred seeing one, before buying it, but unless I go up to Bangkok I think I will have to suck it and see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jimmy, ordered one from Mr Machinary last Friday delivered Monday and now getting to grips with it, same as the ones you have shown, cost new 8500.

What about the Quality of the slicer?

PS: Have you ordered by mail or telephone, cash on delivery or prepaid?

thanks

Thanks Jimmy, ordered one from Mr Machinary last Friday delivered Monday and now getting to grips with it, same as the ones you have shown, cost new 8500.

What about the Quality of the slicer?

PS: Have you ordered by mail or telephone, cash on delivery or prepaid?

thanks

ordered by email, transferred money by online banking, prepaid arrived ok. Quality 8 out of 10, settings 0-15mm has slicer for meat and slicer for bread. Could do with a faster blade spin for the meat, food handle a bit flimsy but other than that is ok, does what it says on the box

ordered by email, transferred money by online banking, prepaid arrived ok. Quality 8 out of 10, settings 0-15mm has slicer for meat and slicer for bread. Could do with a faster blade spin for the meat, food handle a bit flimsy but other than that is ok, does what it says on the box

Thanks.