Looking for normal people in Bangkok to be friends & hang out with

glitteratzzi

hay im a "farang" 555 giggle.gif

thanks for all the links and ideas ladies and gents... and for the invites to hang out laugh.png

its very much appreciated...

as far as "normal" i basically meant .. like a normal friend.. meaning not anything to do with sex...

however.. i guess im pretty abnormal overall...

im generally in my own little world.. thinking about the universe and outer space and day dreaming of hammocks on the beach ect.

i like bugs and flowers and... im the type to save a bug from death, as opposed to killing it.. i'll capture it (with my bare hands) and set it free outside..

the only thing im actually frightened of is roaches.. so when the sun goes down and the roaches come out... im freakin LOL

the rats dont bother me as much... i dont know why im mentioning all that..

hay i also like art! drawing, painting.. not that ive done a whole lot of that.. but its crossed my mind and ive drawn and painted a few things in the past ... and i love to take pictures of flowers, nature, clouds, bugs ect.. im really a kid at heart.. still love cartoons.. but dont watch television.. even in america.. a bunch of garbage i dont need in my mind

also would love to catch some sunrises and sunsets...

anyways i live on sukhumvit, near phrom kanong.. or whatever..

if anyone is in the sukhumvit area on the weekend, i usually hang out at a pool near terminal 21... getting bored with that though, would like to take a bus trip to a beach nearby if anyone is game for a little adventure..

& i like that park across from sofitel, i just sit there and stare into the trees, .. i guess im kinda weird actually..

im random, spontaneous, spiritual and like to talk about REAL issues in life.. no pointless conversations... lets talk about what makes you laugh, what makes you cry...

i dont care for sports or celebrities blah blah blah...

and does anyone (normal tongue.png 555) actually hang out at the thai visa restaurant/bar?

if you have the nerve, and i DON'T recommend it tongue.png , come to pattaya, we have a lot in common and i am somewhat of a (sideshow) freak here

OP, sound like you were living in Nana area, I also live nearby when in Bangkok.

now back and forth Up-country-Bangkok

I am a Thai, normal, not stereotype. Might not whom you're looking for.

Only wish you best luck in here ThaiVisa, you might get more the abnormal advices,

but not too desperate, I had before good friend from here.

Cheers.

• Like 2

I can't believe the number of negative, off topic and/or silly posts responding to a serious OP. :blink:

Please try to offer some serious advice in response to the topic, rather than the usual plethora of adult personal services and degenerate prattle that always follow.

• Like 2

I personally prefer struggling with female expats

I guess comments like this are the kind of thing that leads them to seek people who aren't just interested in sex.

and had i said something disparaging about western woman, would your comment be any different?

we very often see eye to eye on a number of matters, but in this case you are being purposely obtuse and humourless.

Edited by HooHaa

Meetup.com like someone else said,

If you can't find people with similar interests or events on there that you like then I'm guessing you don't really have many interests in the first place.

There's tons of stuff going on in Bangkok from tango dancing to cycling to dinner meets to pub crawls to live music to language exchange and beyond.

• Like 1

To the OP if you are female then when you make friends with males they are always wanting to "try to get lucky" hope you get my drift it's just biological. As for you saying you get hit on all the time and you aren't thai well i would assume most of the guys hitting on you would be other farang males but seldom any thai guys due to the language barrier thing?

I suppose you're better off just having all female company. The hitting on a girl thing applies across all races/cultures especially if you are young and attractive in fact i believe since you started this thread you must have received quite a number of pms requesting to meet up. As far as i know males of all races and cultures that are not gay will try to hook up with a girl as it's just instinctive.

Glitter:

May I ask why you go to such great lengths to exclude sex as an option?

While I certainly don't find it to be my sole motivationg force, attraction and exploration of another person whether it ends in bed or freindship is certainly a factor when I meet someone new. I am not sure if I would be at all I interested in knowing as a friend someone closed to the possibility of sex in general, be they male or female

The reason is because she's probably used to meeting guys who just want to get to know her to get in her pants. In other words trying to score. It goes with the territory. If you are a female and look fairly attractive that is not a complete wreck you would have guys hitting on you. Even ugly chicks have their fans.

To the OP if you are female then when you make friends with males they are always wanting to "try to get lucky" hope you get my drift it's just biological. As for you saying you get hit on all the time and you aren't thai well i would assume most of the guys hitting on you would be other farang males but seldom any thai guys due to the language barrier thing?

I suppose you're better off just having all female company. The hitting on a girl thing applies across all races/cultures especially if you are young and attractive in fact i believe since you started this thread you must have received quite a number of pms requesting to meet up. As far as i know males of all races and cultures that are not gay will try to hook up with a girl as it's just instinctive.

Absolute nonsense. You might be a sex pest to every woman you meet, but some of us are perfectly capable of having female friends without our dicks getting in the way.

• Like 1

Absolute nonsense. You might be a sex pest to every woman you meet, but some of us are perfectly capable of having female friends without our dicks getting in the way.

I'm not but i know how many guys are. You might be fruity.

• Like 2

So you have met her?

Or didn't bother?

Don't scare her away now. she might be a lot of fun to hang around.

Don't be daft. Only alcoholics and sex addicts have fun.

I'm more of an aging athlete, and have lots of fun, cycling, running and hiking.

No alcohol at all, gets in the way of my training.

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

So you have met her?

Or didn't bother?

Met who?

hahaa.. sorry I haven't logged in to read the comments for a few days.. you all are funny.. thanks to the people sticking up for me! now you see what I mean by "normal"... maybe it would just easier to narrow down my search for females that enjoy traveling on a budget, going to the beach, maybe some bar hopping, trying new foods, walking, hiking, biking, exploring, going to tourist attractions or theme parks or water parks, visiting markets and mall shopping, I don't know... I'm from Florida so that's what I'm used to.. but I have plenty of guy friends back home I've never had sex with and would hang out with regularly and have a blast. Just from living in bangkok I've met a few decent people, and will actually take the time out to get to know or hang out with men that approach me "normally" & that the first thing that doesn't come out of their mouth is a hotel name or to get my phone #...but even those that appear to be "normal" by the end of the day, the line is, do you want to come up to my room? I'm lonely...just for 15 minutes.. like wow.. really? here I thought you were "normal" but..see what I mean.. so that is why I have this idea in my mind that every guy in thailand..just whatever man.. I don't know why I'm trying to explain or defend myself.. we are all adults here and yes I know sometimes friendships lead to other things but I'm just not interested in this point in my life.. and sure if it leads to other things whatever.. but I'm picky who I sleep with and am extremely picky about who I have a relationship with, and nowadays it seems like people just want to go straight to bed, but call me old fashioned or whatever, I like to be in a committed relationship before during and after sex and as I've talked to the few thai or American girl friends that I have made here, they all have side men, or "geeks" or whatever they call it and even if they're married and the same goes for men here.. it's considered "normal" here to be not committed to one person and that just annoys me.. and honestly I enjoy being single and I embrace it!! I'm not a prude, I'm darn fun to hang out with, maybe I am sort of a good looker, I'm generally a loner and was just looking for friends that speak English. Basically sometimes I get lonely but not in a sexual way.. I just want people to talk to and have a decent conversation with while slurping down some good food or sight seeing or whatever friends do, ya know? but I appreciate the support and the suggestions. I hope you all had a blessed Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanza/holiday and I hope everyone has a wonderful new year!!!

tina

Edited by glitteratzzi
  • Like 1

what's the posters age?

this question is as old as the hills. there's always going to be a sexual element between friends of the opposite sex. usually adults that are still having issues with this have some sort of snger issue or are lesbians who still want male attention for some reason.

I have to agree with SB on this, been a long time since I went for a white woman.

Happy to be friends if they are non-judgemental though.

I just treat them like all the other foreign guys in Thailand.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Glitter, sweetheart, "Looking for normal people ... to hang out with". Why? Normal people are dull, predictable, hidebound, routine-driven and, thanfully, fairly scarce in this great city. Seek out the weirdos, the square pegs in round holes, the ones

who secretly play chess in go-go bars and you will find joy. Just keep your eyes open and you won't get hurt. Yes,

the frisson of danger around the whacky is alluring.

A recovering-relapsing-recovering-relapsing addict and a homeless guy who had been writing the great American novel for the past 12 years were probably the most interesting two people I knew when I was at school in the States. I cross the street to avoid

"normal" people.

LOL....your adventure? Playing chess in gogo bars?

Hmmmm..."normal" throws me. What is your definition of "normal"? Let me see, for 3 months earlier this year I traveled all over the Rangsit area on a scooter my Thai family gave me...I put over 800K on it - had lunch with monks at an out of the way Wat.... had a wonderful time. Normal? Me? I dunno, I just turned 72, lived with my "adopted" Luc Sow/Lac Sow, and Ta in their home - attended all kinds of functions - spent damned near every day exploring Thailand....had a blast. Screwed up and didn't get a visa for my second month - cost me a pretty baht when I flew home to America Dec. 29th...and I plan on returning in May. Gonna go for a Retirement Visa this next trip. I loved scooting down the road with my Bose bluetooth speaker belting out Dixieland and Country and Western sounds...got some thumbs up and some frowns, but what the hey, I was enjoying myself. This next time I am bringing me a backpack fishing rod. I stood out - western denim vest, Confederate Slouch hat....and moccasins. Frang's are rare creatures on the highways and byways I traveled - and I saw a lot and did a lot the average tourist never gets a chance to experience. Who needs normal when just plain enjoying the hell our of life is enough.

so your living without sex and not interested, or just not interested until you decide it's time?

your in one of thr worst cities in the world if you can't stand the prospect of sex. just coincidence?

so your living without sex and not interested, or just not interested until you decide it's time?

your in one of thr worst cities in the world if you can't stand the prospect of sex. just coincidence?

Don't be daft. The sex industry is just a tiny part of what Bangkok is about, despite the obsession some have with it.

Don't be daft. The sex industry is just a tiny part of what Bangkok is about, despite the obsession some have with it.

Like your good self you mean SB ?