Thailand begins exporting pork to Russia

webfact

Thailand begins exporting pork to Russia
By Digital Content

BANGKOK, Dec 17 -- Thailand has exported 48 tonnes of fresh pork to Russia, the first shipment of Thai pork to the Russian market.

Thai Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Pitipong Phuengboon Na Ayudhaya presided at a ceremony in Bangkok Wednesday morning to release a caravan of containers holding the historic shipment of Thai pork to Russia, after Moscow recently agreed to open its market for the commodity from Thailand.

According to the minister, the move followed an inspection of Thailand's livestock production process by Russian officials, and Moscow later gave a green light to import fresh meat produced from a processing plant in the Bang Khla area of Chachoengsao province, east of Bangkok.

The Russian market reportedly demands pork equivalent to about 10 million pigs annually. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-12-17

Hope they get paid in USD !

Doesn't matter. With the collapse of the ruble, nobody in Russia will be able to afford imports from Thailand or anywhere else. Thai pork just became a luxury item in Putin's Russia.

Russia has also own pork production, if the ruble keeps low for a longer time the own production will increase. As well Russians aren't as poor as Ukrainians.

• Like 2

Doesn't matter. With the collapse of the ruble, nobody in Russia will be able to afford imports from Thailand or anywhere else. Thai pork just became a luxury item in Putin's Russia.

Russia has also own pork production, if the ruble keeps low for a longer time the own production will increase. As well Russians aren't as poor as Ukrainians.

Yes, but Russian demand for pork far exceeds domestic supply. Russia was importing a million tons a year from Canada, but Russia cutoff imports from Canada, reacting to Canadian sanctions.

I hope Thailand charges the Russian double domestic prices, and gets paid usuable currency like US$, Euros or Chinese RMB.

• Like 1

Yes, but Russian demand for pork far exceeds domestic supply. Russia was importing a million tons a year from Canada, but Russia cutoff imports from Canada, reacting to Canadian sanctions.

I hope Thailand charges the Russian double domestic prices, and gets paid usuable currency like US$, Euros or Chinese RMB.

Denmark did the same. We had very Big export to Russia (beef and pig) , but the farmes in Denmark is complaining a lot about this, and even talks about 4500 people are loosing there jobs. Remember danmark has only 5 mill people

I looking forward to see if we are getting our export back, after this crisis, but if thailand is clever they will pickup this space right now

• Like 2

China, Brazil and Serbia will also deliver

• Like 2

Thai pork doesn't come close to matching the quality of Canadian pork. Russia is taking what it can get right now.

Add the expense to that due to the crashed ruble, and Putin must be shirting himself. If anyone ever wanted to see a rogue state taken down without firing a shot we're living it.

In Austria you can buy very fat pork for very low price now. Pork Austria can't sell to Russia. I doubt Putin is too concerned about the pork quality. But in Europe the farmer aren't happy.

A loose-loose for everyone (beside China).

Thai pork doesn't come close to matching the quality of Canadian pork. Russia is taking what it can get right now.

Add the expense to that due to the crashed ruble, and Putin must be shirting himself. If anyone ever wanted to see a rogue state taken down without firing a shot we're living it.

In Austria you can buy very fat pork for very low price now. Pork Austria can't sell to Russia. I doubt Putin is too concerned about the pork quality. But in Europe the farmer aren't happy.

A loose-loose for everyone (beside China).

In the end it will be a win for the West. Putin was getting too big for his britches and it was obvious that his new oil money was making it possible for him to have a goal of rebuilding the USSR. His dealings with Ukraine have been enough to show what he really is.

Today he couldn't afford to buy a sandwich at a lunch counter in the Ukraine. The West and Saudi Arabia (pissed at him for meddling in Syria) have driven the price of oil into the cellar destroying his income, and sanctions are hurting his ability to feed his people even if he had the money.

Triple whammy: Oil prices crash jerking his income away, the ruble crashes doubling that problem, and sanctions from the West cut off many things he needs even if he had the money to buy.

Russia is Communist and responsible to feed its people. We are indeed watching an interesting show by the West.

Check the situation in Ukraine, Putin could still buy half the Ukraine. It is the most broken down country of Europe. Alone the debts the Ukraine has in the West makes a win of the West very expensive. If the goal of the West is conquer the world and establish a world government than it would be a win for the West. Else a win would be a loose. It would be way better to give the Ukraine for Putin, if he pays back their debts....

I doubt (and I could be wrong on that) that China let Putin loose. If Russia loose China is the next target, so I wouldn't be surprised that when the Russian Ruble lost 80 % China start to buying it and stabilizing it. (And making the next huge profit, when its value increases again).

But of course I could be complete wrong, who knows for sure?

Many cant see how this is going to affect production in Europe. When signing a contract then even if Europe takes of embargo, Europe production will suffer long time after this.

You dont shit where you sleep! And EU just did the usa biddings. usa wont suffer.

Many cant see how this is going to affect production in Europe. When signing a contract then even if Europe takes of embargo, Europe production will suffer long time after this.

You dont shit where you sleep! And EU just did the usa biddings. usa wont suffer.

Wow. Where do you get this stuff? Russia banned the import of food from the EU, United States, Norway, Canada and Australia!!!!!!!!!!

As I said, he was getting too big for his britches. Now he can't buy the stuff if he wants to.

"The 2014 pro-Russian unrest in Ukraine prompted a number of governments to apply sanctions against individuals and businesses from Russia and Ukraine. Sanctions were approved by the United States, the European Union (EU) and other countries and international organisations. Russia has responded with sanctions against a number of countries, including a total ban on food imports from the EU, United States, Norway, Canada and Australia." LINK

• Like 1

Quality western pork that's funny. The pigs all get fed dried chicken shit, GMO Frankenfood, and more yummy goodies. Now, if you were talking about shrimp, I'd agree.

And by the way, it's common knowledge that the leading rogue states are Israel and the US. Torture anyone?

Edited by Impossible

Wow. Where do you get this stuff? Russia banned the import of food from the EU, United States, Norway, Canada and Australia!!!!!!!!!!

As I said, he was getting too big for his britches. Now he can't buy the stuff if he wants to.

"The 2014 pro-Russian unrest in Ukraine prompted a number of governments to apply sanctions against individuals and businesses from Russia and Ukraine. Sanctions were approved by the United States, the European Union (EU) and other countries and international organisations. Russia has responded with sanctions against a number of countries, including a total ban on food imports from the EU, United States, Norway, Canada and Australia." LINK

And i guess youre not from Europe. Are you ?