Pattaya beach closed?

petedk

??

I searched through this paper (links not allowed here) and can not find this "letter".

Just something about yesterdays marine excercise (and number of Russians going down).

And maybe there will be some kind of closure for the oncoming New Year Countdown?

Send me a PM with the link.

??

I searched through this paper (links not allowed here) and can not find this "letter".

Just something about yesterdays marine excercise (and number of Russians going down).

And maybe there will be some kind of closure for the oncoming New Year Countdown?

Send me a PM with the link.

I also read the letter (Tourists shunned) but it says next Wednesday and every Wednesday thereafter!

I read it as being closed to chair/umbrella concessions leaving just a clear beach!

Edited by davyboy

Wednesday always used to be a no beach umbrella/clean up day on the beach but it was allowed to fall by the wayside. I wonder how long it will last this time.

Not totally sure, but I was told the City/police/military are clamping down on vendors that do not have a license and are occupying space illegally. It is not Pattaya, but it may be relevant to note that in Jomtien many vendors have been forced to vacate their areas, and it is Thursday. It looks so much better without them and seems to be more quiet in the areas that are vacant. I think this move is good.

Wednesday always used to be a no beach umbrella/clean up day on the beach but it was allowed to fall by the wayside. I wonder how long it will last this time.

The letter was in the print version.

I saw something about a ban on umbrellas ... even tourists own. It also said something about people being pressed into a small area. I forget the exact wording now.

On Jomtien Beach yesterday they were reducing the area occupied by the deck chairs so there's a bit more open, sandy beach left for the Russians to lie on between the chairs. Other than that it's still the same, umbrellas, jet skis, deck chairs and so on.