Which Set top box to buy with my 690 Baht voucher?

briley

OK, so I have my 690 Baht voucher but do not know which set top box to get. I watch very little live TV, don't actually have a TV, so not worth spending much on a box.

So some questions:

Can I use the boxes USB socket to connect to a computer to watch TV?

Or will I have to use an old analogue TV tuner I already have in my desktop computer?

Which of the many boxes available should I go for?

Is it worth adding a few hundred Baht for a better than the basic version?

thanks,

We got 2 , 1 a Createch CT-1, and a Haier , from Tesco, but about the same,

Have not got around to fixing them up yet, but the come with HDMI cable and

A/V cables so you can connect the to a flat screen tv with HDMI or an older

type tv, it also says you can use as a PVR, to record tv,but who would as its

mostly crap, soaps with the bells and whistles and funny noises,they must

just have one script writer as all the story lines are about the same,just a

slightly different location.

regards worgeordie

Unless you have the Blue Tabien Ban House Book with your name on it, you're out of luck. I tried to use my voucher at Home Pro and they checked my Tabien Ban Leeung - Yellow book address against the address on the voucher - OK but...the house is registered in the missus name so she grabbed the one with the most bells & whistles and we were out of there.

Unless you have the Blue Tabien Ban House Book with your name on it, you're out of luck. I tried to use my voucher at Home Pro and they checked my Tabien Ban Leeung - Yellow book address against the address on the voucher - OK but...the house is registered in the missus name so she grabbed the one with the most bells & whistles and we were out of there.

which one has all the bells and whistles.

I think I need to take a nap. At first read, I thought the question was, which sex toy can I buy with my 690 baht voucher. LOL I need new glasses maybe. I needed the laugh....

Will only show endless <deleted> TV, my voucher is filed in a draw until June, if anyone is buying a TV I'll try to flog them the voucher for a few hundred baht.

Comes with a HDMI cable? Is it mini to standard or standard to standard? I need a mini to standard.

Just standard,but you can buy what your looking for at IT stores,

I set the box up ,bought an outside aerial,and its working great,

i have even promised the wife I will fix the aerial outside soon,

well when i get around to it,its just propped up at window at the

moment.

regards Worgeordie

OK, so from the responses all set top boxes are much of a muchness.

I think I'll go along with the SMART strong white simply because the USB port is V3, all the rest are V2.0

Thanks

PS for BigFarang I still like the SEX cinema in the Maya. I can not read it properly (or maybe I do???)

which one has all the bells and whistles.

Home Pro stores have a whole display of them. Cruz on down and check 'em out in person. smile.png