Non O question

I am married to a Thai national and I want to get a Non O visa in Laos and they require a copy of house registration book. I am staying at my wife's sisters house in Bangkok and she has no idea what a house registration book is or where to get one.

The embassy in Vientrane also wants a copy of Thai bank account statement but they make no mention of an amount needed in the account. Does it have to be my bank account or can it be my wife's account (in her maiden name)?

Is Vientrane the easiest place in Laos to get a non O Visa?

Vientianne (Laos) might be easier, as there you can also get a multiple non-O visa without the need to show financials (and they provide sme day service).

House registration is the blue book (tambien baan) in which the people officially residing at that address are residing. The house owner will have the book.

Every Thai is listed in a blue house book (tambien ban). All you need is a copy of the address page and the page where you wife is listed.

Vientiane will issue a single entry non-o visa based upon marriage without the need for financial proof. They will not ask for a bank statement.

If you want a multiple entry non-o you would have to go to Savannakhet which also requires no financial proof.