Myanmar says workers innocent of murdering Britons on Koh Tao

webfact

MAT representative Kyaw Thaung reconfirmed the testimony the legal team had been told. “After finishing the beer and cigarettes, Maung Maung said he told his two friends he was leaving, but they insisted on having more to drink, so he went back to the room and got an extra bottle of alcohol and took it to them. That was all around 1am,” he said.

“Maung Maung said he then went to see his girlfriend and did not return until 5am.”

According to Kyaw Thaung: “Maung Maung said he woke them up and asked them, ‘Where is the guitar?’ at which point one of the pair indicated it was in AC Bar [where the British couple, Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, had been drinking with friends the night before]. Maung Maung said he then went to AC Bar to look for the guitar and his sandals, ‘because they were expensive – 350 baht’, he said.

(DVB)

The above is not much help, sorry. Seems it was after five and sometime before the bodies were found that Maung went to get guitar.

The question that's come into my head now after re reading reports is why was the guitar at the AC bar?

It sounds as if the guitar must have belonged to Maung Maung (hence his concern about going back to get it). If there was only one guitar, which we are led to believe, then he must have left it with the other two and one of these other two must have taken it to the AC bar before they went home to bed. Why would they do this? Why not take it home with them. Or alternatively someone else took the guitar off them and left it at the bar. If so, why would someone do this?

I don't think Maung Maung is guilty but I do think he was possibly a witness to the crime or to someone involved with the crime.

If one of the men took the guitar back to the bar then someone would have seen them. And the men may have seen things happening that made them want to get home and hide under their bed covers.

Funny that, that at the trial they claimed they were too drunk to remember anything, but back then they remembered were they left the guitar.

i bet the cctv footage from AC Bar would make very interesting viewing(probably deleted already now anyway),its a surprise it was not released by the owner if B2 were actually really guilty!!!

i also did wonder if the boys were playing guitar on the beach then supposedly murdered 2 strangers then why/how did the guitar end up back at the bar,they took it back after doing 2 vicious grizzly murders then went to bed and slept like babies ,really doesnt seem possible does it!!

The fact that the RTP, the owners of AC bar and all the other businesses that undoubtedly also have CCTV refuse to release footage from the morning of the murders is enough to convince me that this is indeed one massive cover up. What other possible reason could there be for not getting it out there and proving to the world that the B2 are guilty? No doubt the RPT are well p****d off that the clip of running man made it out to the media.

And the couple that were caught on CCTV which the blind police reported as being Hannah and David (which even my dog could see was not them) -

Who are they?

Why haven't they come out and spoken to clear themselves?

Put yourself in their place. You make it in every newspaper and on TV stations worldwide. You're proven to be wandering around at a time when two people have been butchered to death a stones throw away from where you were.

You'd come out wouldn't you? You'd speak to the press and tell your story, whatever it might be. Well you would if you had nothing to hide. Or you hadn't been threatened to shut up or else.

These two are key for me in this unbelievable saga.

RTP have said that they have video footage of a woman the morning of the murders but that they couldn't say whether it could be a witness or Hannah herself. Don't ask me to source it please as have done this previously. RTP also said at beginning of investigation they believed a woman may be involved in the murders. Maybe this was when they were scouring all the CCTV trying to work out who would be the most credible people for a frame up. post-222787-0-19229800-1420194440_thumb.

• Like 1

i bet the cctv footage from AC Bar would make very interesting viewing(probably deleted already now anyway),its a surprise it was not released by the owner if B2 were actually really guilty!!!

i also did wonder if the boys were playing guitar on the beach then supposedly murdered 2 strangers then why/how did the guitar end up back at the bar,they took it back after doing 2 vicious grizzly murders then went to bed and slept like babies ,really doesnt seem possible does it!!

The fact that the RTP, the owners of AC bar and all the other businesses that undoubtedly also have CCTV refuse to release footage from the morning of the murders is enough to convince me that this is indeed one massive cover up. What other possible reason could there be for not getting it out there and proving to the world that the B2 are guilty? No doubt the RPT are well p****d off that the clip of running man made it out to the media.

And the couple that were caught on CCTV which the blind police reported as being Hannah and David (which even my dog could see was not them) -

Who are they?

Put yourself in their place. You make it in every newspaper and on TV stations worldwide. You're proven to be wandering around at a time when two people have been butchered to death a stones throw away from where you were.

You'd come out wouldn't you? You'd speak to the press and tell your story, whatever it might be. Well you would if you had nothing to hide. Or you hadn't been threatened to shut up or else.

RTP have said that they have video footage of a woman the morning of the murders but that they couldn't say whether it could be a witness or Hannah herself. Don't ask me to source it please as have done this previously. RTP also said at beginning of investigation they believed a woman may be involved in the murders. Maybe this was when they were scouring all the CCTV trying to work out who would be the most credible people for a frame up. not them.jpg

That's right. First it was a woman. Then it was a ladyboy. One of the ciggies had lipstick on it. Hannah didn't wear lipstick. At first they said hannah shared a ciggy with her attackers. That couple was walking 3 seconds ahead of running man. Walking very fast.

At 4:46 I think. At 4:46-6:00. There were 4 confirmed people out on the streets. Running man, Muang, and the foreigner with thai girl.

Who are they?

RTP have said that they have video footage of a woman the morning of the murders but that they couldn't say whether it could be a witness or Hannah herself. Don't ask me to source it please as have done this previously. RTP also said at beginning of investigation they believed a woman may be involved in the murders. Maybe this was when they were scouring all the CCTV trying to work out who would be the most credible people for a frame up. attachicon.gifnot them.jpg

And the couple that were caught on CCTV which the blind police reported as being Hannah and David (which even my dog could see was not them)

Before we dismiss the Hannah and David left together hypothesis altogether, let's make sure of something. When did police first say that they had CCTV footage showing Hannah and David leaving AC Bar together? When was this CCTV still released to the public? We are probably just seeing incompetence here, but perhaps police decided there was something in the CCTV footage showing Hannah and David that could not be made public, and they released this ridiculous still as misinformation.

Who are they?

RTP have said that they have video footage of a woman the morning of the murders but that they couldn't say whether it could be a witness or Hannah herself. Don't ask me to source it please as have done this previously. RTP also said at beginning of investigation they believed a woman may be involved in the murders. Maybe this was when they were scouring all the CCTV trying to work out who would be the most credible people for a frame up. not them.jpg

That's right. First it was a woman. Then it was a ladyboy. One of the ciggies had lipstick on it. Hannah didn't wear lipstick. At first they said hannah shared a ciggy with her attackers. That couple was walking 3 seconds ahead of running man. Walking very fast.

At 4:46 I think. At 4:46-6:00. There were 4 confirmed people out on the streets. Running man, Muang, and the foreigner with thai girl.

5 if you count what looked like an old man sitting outside a shop front that was in an image of running man.

We could all rondevue down at kt next week. Take measurements of the distance. These are the distances we will collect.

B2 guitar playing to their room.

Muang room to girlfriend.

Mon room to beach.

Beach to foreigner hotel.

Csi did show a map with some of the locations of the bars and Hannah hotel. But I am interested in the location of rooms of all the suspects.

Let's start an accommodation line ?

Mon stays at ?

Cop stays at ?

Chris cooper stays at ?

Tom stays at ?

Sean stays at ?

Muang stays at ?

Muang girl stays at ?

B2 stay at ?

Foreigner stays at ?

Old man stays at ?

Plus walking distance time from beach. "Fast walking"?

• Like 1

We could all rondevue down at kt next week. Take measurements of the distance. These are the distances we will collect.

B2 guitar playing to their room.

Muang room to girlfriend.

Mon room to beach.

Beach to foreigner hotel.

Csi did show a map with some of the locations of the bars and Hannah hotel. But I am interested in the location of rooms of all the suspects.

Let's start an accommodation line ?

Mon stays at ?

Cop stays at ?

Chris cooper stays at ?

Tom stays at ?

Sean stays at ?

Muang stays at ?

Muang girl stays at ?

B2 stay at ?

Foreigner stays at ?

Old man stays at ?

Plus walking distance time from beach. "Fast walking"?

LOL .......... With our ThaiVisa T Shirts on.....

I picked up the Number 9 Footballer who shook Davids hand is dead as well on Koh Tao. Not sure if true. Someone mentioned it in a conversation with CSI.

MAT representative Kyaw Thaung reconfirmed the testimony the legal team had been told. “After finishing the beer and cigarettes, Maung Maung said he told his two friends he was leaving, but they insisted on having more to drink, so he went back to the room and got an extra bottle of alcohol and took it to them. That was all around 1am,” he said.

“Maung Maung said he then went to see his girlfriend and did not return until 5am.”

According to Kyaw Thaung: “Maung Maung said he woke them up and asked them, ‘Where is the guitar?’ at which point one of the pair indicated it was in AC Bar [where the British couple, Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, had been drinking with friends the night before]. Maung Maung said he then went to AC Bar to look for the guitar and his sandals, ‘because they were expensive – 350 baht’, he said.

(DVB)

The above is not much help, sorry. Seems it was after five and sometime before the bodies were found that Maung went to get guitar.

The question that's come into my head now after re reading reports is why was the guitar at the AC bar?

It sounds as if the guitar must have belonged to Maung Maung (hence his concern about going back to get it). If there was only one guitar, which we are led to believe, then he must have left it with the other two and one of these other two must have taken it to the AC bar before they went home to bed. Why would they do this? Why not take it home with them. Or alternatively someone else took the guitar off them and left it at the bar. If so, why would someone do this?

I don't think Maung Maung is guilty but I do think he was possibly a witness to the crime or to someone involved with the crime.

If one of the men took the guitar back to the bar then someone would have seen them. And the men may have seen things happening that made them want to get home and hide under their bed covers.

Funny that, that at the trial they claimed they were too drunk to remember anything, but back then they remembered were they left the guitar.

That has been the one thing that has given me doubt.............. That exact sentence.............. We where to drunk to remember......... That's not a good thing to say.

MAT representative Kyaw Thaung reconfirmed the testimony the legal team had been told. After finishing the beer and cigarettes, Maung Maung said he told his two friends he was leaving, but they insisted on having more to drink, so he went back to the room and got an extra bottle of alcohol and took it to them. That was all around 1am, he said.

Maung Maung said he then went to see his girlfriend and did not return until 5am.

According to Kyaw Thaung: Maung Maung said he woke them up and asked them, Where is the guitar? at which point one of the pair indicated it was in AC Bar [where the British couple, Hannah Witheridge and David Miller, had been drinking with friends the night before]. Maung Maung said he then went to AC Bar to look for the guitar and his sandals, because they were expensive 350 baht, he said.

(DVB)

That has been the one thing that has given me doubt.............. That exact sentence.............. We where to drunk to remember......... That's not a good thing to say.

Anybody whose name has come up since sep 15 and especially those in cctv is a suspect. Also all those who have told 2 or 3 conflicting stories is a suspect. To blatantly say b2 are guilty,discounting all other evidence is foolish and biased. The only way to know if the B2 or indeed other people are guilty is to support the defense trial whether you believe them guilty or not. It is the mechanism that we can all use to force the hand of truth.

I found a picture of the 3 first Burmese that were tested and cleared. It wasn't Wei and Zaw and Muang.

Interesting. Can you provide a source please.

I can't post pictures. But it says mcot 16/9/14

They were at suratani. They checked them. Later they said the dna did not match. Neither from Hannah or the cigarettes. I don't know about the line up that you see Zaw. But the ones that were cleared are not Wei /Zaw sadly

I found a picture of the 3 first Burmese that were tested and cleared. It wasn't Wei and Zaw and Muang.

They were at suratani. They checked them. Later they said the dna did not match. Neither from Hannah or the cigarettes. I don't know about the line up that you see Zaw. But the ones that were cleared are not Wei /Zaw sadly

Pity you cannot reveal where the picture came from.

At least 30 people, mostly Burmese, were tested in the first couple of days, so we cannot be sure the picture means much, even if it can be validated. It might, however, be of use to the defense. Would be interesting to know how they were interrogated.

In translation can 5:40 be interpreted as 5:00? In this interview Maung Maung apparentely states he went back to the room at 5:40.

https://soundcloud.com/burmeserfa/mmyi9c38qmek I posted a translation in the thread regarding the British Investigators becoming involved in the investigation. There is no mention of going to the bar to retrieve the guitar or returning to bring them more beer.

https://www.dvb.no/news/third-burmese-said-he-did-not-witness-murder-burma-myanmar/44856

Forty minutes is quite a discrepancy. There are so many errors in the media's translations that it is hard to determine what the truth is.

• Like 1

Pity you cannot reveal where the picture came from.

At least 30 people, mostly Burmese, were tested in the first couple of days, so we cannot be sure the picture means much, even if it can be validated. It might, however, be of use to the defense. Would be interesting to know how they were interrogated.

It does. It says mcot news.

The date was 16th of September. That when they caught. A later paper say they not match DNA. But the 3 with pic is mcot. I will learn how to post pic soon.

The date was 16th of September. That when they caught. A later paper say they not match DNA. But the 3 with pic is mcot. I will learn how to post pic soon.

OK, I guess you were referring to this report:

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=5417c9b0be04704b4f8b4623#.VKoSAfmUdco

Presumably, the police could not use them as they had unbreakable alibis.

They always wanted three suspects, preferably large ones, as it would make their success in subduing David and Hannah more believable. In the end, they ran out of patience (under pressure from above) and settled for two rather small ones.

Edited by BritTim
  • Like 1

They always wanted three suspects, preferably large ones, as it would make their success in subduing David and Hannah more believable. In the end, they ran out of patience (under pressure from above) and settled for two rather small ones.

I have just read the above article dated 16th Sept and note;

Quote,

"The police confiscated four mobile phones from the suspects, one of which was a broken iPhone, and will examine them to determine if any of the phones belonged to the murdered victims".

Is this the broken iPhone that was supposedly found outside the B2s accomodation some time later?????

• Like 1

Quote,

"The police confiscated four mobile phones from the suspects, one of which was a broken iPhone, and will examine them to determine if any of the phones belonged to the murdered victims".

Is this the broken iPhone that was supposedly found outside the B2s accomodation some time later?????

Anything is possible, but surely the budget for the cover up would have extended to acquiring a suitable phone should one have been needed as "evidence". No need for the police to go asking for unnecessary trouble.

Quote,

Could well be the phone. But can only guess

Thanks...so there are three questionable people wandering around late at night. I had better head off to sleep...it's four in the morning here and obviously I am starting to see things that aren't there. rolleyes.gif Nighty Night!!

Edited by Eirene

looks same to me. The elbow-length sleeves on the t-shirt (not a common cut) and knee-length shorts match. The haircut matches as well as the white pic on the black t-shirt.

I am really comparing white running man, black running man and the long sleeved guy. I am saying are they 3 people?