Free Blankets

phutoie2

Well done to the OP.

It gets cold: they hand out blankets.

It gets hot: they hand out umbrellas.

It floods: they hand out sand bags.

Meanwhile, those that make the blankets, umbrellas and sandbags write off the manufacturing expense as charitable donation and pocket the check they get from the big house. The poor folks eventualy sell the blankets, umbrellas and sandbags so that they have some cash for food and lao kao.

Nice to see a savvy, long-time, rural-dwelling farang getting something for nothing and embracing his essential Thainess to its fullest. All you holier than thou, Fortuner-driving farangs, languishing in your Bangkok condos and townhouses who never, ever qualify for a handout eat your hearts out.

• Like 2

If things are that desperate you have to rely on hand-outs then you shouldnt be here at all.

If you are not desperate, then one can only assume you want to be accepted by those around you by doing the same as them and wanting to be treated the same as them, which is a sign of your insecurity.

If you took it just because you felt entitled, and it was free, then shame on you !

Edited by RolandRat
  • Like 1

During last years flooding (yes, the village flooded in 2013) whilst we didn't flood we had the correct postcode for a freebie.

Wifey collected food, candles, a torch and various other stuff as well as 100 sandbags and a truckload of sand.

We distributed the food etc. to those who were flooded, kept the sand and sandbags for next time (OK the sand is on the garden).

• Like 2

Reminds me of the two Irish females on a flight from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok earlier this year who, on arrival, stuffed four airline blankets into their hand luggage and glared at me when I shook my head.

I know a guy who always steels the fork, spoon and knife from the airplane, his reason is, he is not wealthy enough to buy these himself (but he can buy the airplane ticket).

• Like 1

Maybe the OP has no money.

The poor Thais that live around me have plenty of wood to make fires. Me, in the big farang house, am skint, and I mean that. I have 1000 baht to last me until the end of the month and 2 kids to feed.

why are you having kids if u cant afford them?

• Like 1

Reminds me of the two Irish females on a flight from Abu Dhabi to Bangkok earlier this year who, on arrival, stuffed four airline blankets into their hand luggage and glared at me when I shook my head.

I know a guy who always steels the fork, spoon and knife from the airplane, his reason is, he is not wealthy enough to buy these himself (but he can buy the airplane ticket).

Ha Ha I know his brother! same same

OP here, the Tessabaan were indeed handing out free blankets, it was announced over the towns speaker system.

The remainder of the post is complete fiction, anyway thanks for the replies. Once again confirmed what type of ex pats who live here.

c'est la vie.

OP here, the Tessabaan were indeed handing out free blankets, it was announced over the towns speaker system.

The remainder of the post is complete fiction, anyway thanks for the replies. Once again confirmed what type of ex pats who live here.

c'est la vie.

bullsh*tters?