Russian tourists are cancelling their vacation plans in Pattaya

webfact

Other countries are hit by the oil price decline. Are all their currencies crashing? Nyet and double nyet. Yes it is Putin you silly billies.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Many will disagree but again for another thread wink.png

Sorry no link but a recent New York Times article cites a credible travel industry source saying Russkie tourism in London is down 75 percent. The same article estimated that the previous cost for a winter season holiday in Thailand of 6000 dollars per Russkie family has now doubled. Naturally many who do come will need to spend much less while here.

Ba-bye Russkies.

Edited by Jingthing

Same here on Koh Chang one of the major local resorts on white sand beach had 40% of their pre- bookings cancelled on Monday , mainly Russian tours and another on white sands , probably the largest and most popular is running at 50% . My g/f is the receptionist at a resort in Kai Bae beach right on the waters edge a lovely place with great bungalows and after January 7 have no bookings at all but booked out over Xmas - new year . Things will get tough I think .

You would have thought that if this was the case, there would be more special offers. Checking with agoda shows the prices are as normal.

I know a lot of people have been predicting the Russian fall for a number of years.

But I guess it comes down to the old saying with anything in life

"Anything that rises rapidly the chance's are it will fall just as fast."

Edited by Rimmer
Fonts

I thought the PM recently said that the fall of the Ruble had not affected Russian Tourists.

Whatever he said many of the Russkies here now booked long ago before the total ruble meltdown and wouldn't have if they had known.

Up until a week or two ago...he may have been correct..if he had said that..but for the Russkies sitting at home freezing because they cant afford heating and looking at their travel plans to Pattaya or Phuket....they will be realising that getting in to a drucken stupor there is going to be to expensive..so maybe their travel money should just be spent on trying tom afford enough food and heating to stay alivebiggrin.png

..and I am really going to miss themwai2.gif

• Like 1

I'm not. I would have never bought in Jomtien if I had known it was going to become Jomtienski. I love diversity and have always been a minority but the demographic domination of Russkies here has not been lovely.

• Like 1

With the US and Europe putting more sanctions on the Russia, I would say there will be a heap of Russian owned, or partly owned, or a good deposit paid for condos coming on to the market all over Thailand. They can no longer afford to holiday here, buy here or even pay them off any more.

On reading the news tonight in the BP the prediction I made above has come to fruition, almost word for word. Cant say I am unhappy about it. The writing was on the wall, the bubble had to burst.

Will be hard for Thailand to keep denying the slump in Russian tourism.....

Reality can be so harsh. I for one will not be unhappy to see them not come.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/russian-tourists-market-slumps-in-thailand-2014-12

"Hotel room reservations from the Russian market have already dropped by 70% for this high season," Sanpetch Suppabawonsathien, president of the Thai Hotels Association,

Edited by Rimmer
Forbidden link removed

With the US and Europe putting more sanctions on the Russia, I would say there will be a heap of Russian owned, or partly owned, or a good deposit paid for condos coming on to the market all over Thailand. They can no longer afford to holiday here, buy here or even pay them off any more.

On reading the news tonight in the BP the prediction I made above has come to fruition, almost word for word. Cant say I am unhappy about it. The writing was on the wall, the bubble had to burst.

my burning desire to read correct forecasts in Thaivisa has come to fruition cheesy.gif

Tolley..."Putin has had some effect with the Ukrainian crisis that created embargos but that is supported by the average Russian so you can hardly blame Putin."

.....ahhmm..no..thats not really correct...what is supported by the average Russian...is what Putin and the Kremlin want them to know...but remember they are like mushrooms...kept in the dark..that is why Putin controls what Russians can do on the internet..he seeks to control what they know...they just get Putins version...if he had told them that the currency was going to drop 50% and had a referendum the result may have been different..but Putin seeks to control everyone and everything in Russia..just like a good egotistic dictator should..the Russian people are only cannon fodder..but ya gotta hand it to him ..he is an expert manipulator and actor:-)

Wow ironic or should I say hugely hypocritical that you talk of referendums, Did Crimea not have a referendum in which an overwhelming majority supported joining Russia? Yes some boycotted the referendum and it may not have been completely free and fair but if you think the results would have been much different if it had been completely free and fair you know nothing about the region.

Also did the USA and the West not support the overthrow of the democratically elected government in Ukraine? Did the new government not do an extremely stupid and provocative thing in immediately removing Russian as a national language? Anyone who thinks Russia should have done nothing is clueless. It's also hypocritical for the west to not support Crimea's independence as they have in the past accepted the wishes of those involved in referendums about areas becoming independent which is opposite to the new claims that countries are sovereign and must as a whole decide their fate. Only Montenegro voted on whether they would become independent from Serbia, and only 55% voted yes to it, yet this was accepted by the west. There are far more ethnic Russians in Crimea than there are ethnic Montenegrans in Montenegra and likewise less ethnic Ukranians in Crimea than ethnic Serrbs in Montanegra but who cares, right. The one being imperialist, as usual, is the USA and it will be interesting to see how much benefit Ukraine gets from its new "friends" or whether it's a hugely corrupt puppet put in place who will be lining his pockets while his policies benefit foreign companies to the detriment of the locals

• Like 1

reading arrogant comments of some mischievous little men who are all "holier than russky" is quite amusing laugh.png

Clearly with such a benign viewpoint, you do not live in an area with a lot of Russky tourists....cheesy.gif Always a lot of fun to see them yelling at the 7-11 clerks in Russian about getting their liquor order right......

Ah, there IS a God after all...... Now if he could just sink the yuan as well.....whistling.gif

...plus the British Pound, Euro and Australian $...but leave US$ as is or even appreciate it.

Edited by copa8

To all Russians reading this, look at my post from last year...

"Sell everything, put it in US Dollar and real estate, and rent in USD."

It was hidden on page 934 paragraph 5, line 6. But it's there!!!!

Don't worry, I won't even bring up my post about selling Oil at 100 and buying at 60!!!!

If only all of Russia followed me, they would all be retiring in Phuket!!!!!!

my burning desire to read correct forecasts in Thaivisa has come to fruition cheesy.gif

And a few more words of wisdom from the media and TVF.whistling.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/786269-property-developers-in-pattaya-now-feel-impact-from-dropping-russian-currency/

To all Russians reading this, look at my post from last year...

"Sell everything, put it in US Dollar and real estate, and rent in USD."

It was hidden on page 934 paragraph 5, line 6. But it's there!!!!

Don't worry, I won't even bring up my post about selling Oil at 100 and buying at 60!!!!

If only all of Russia followed me, they would all be retiring in Phuket!!!!!!

Are you Soros? Their property in Thailand is now worth twice as much in ruble as it was.

I wonder if there has been a more despised race of people in modern times. Well certainly in Thailand for sure. You get the few but limited responses on TV of "I am sure there are some nice Russians, they can't all be boorish oiks". I think I have pointed out in the past on TV that they are not all "Russian". We have a fair few Ukrainians in the building I live in. Kazakhs, Uzbeks, etc...all previously listed as Russian under the mighty Soviet Regime.

The former soviets who do live in Pattaya all the time must have qualified for different visas than normally mentioned. Like "Granny&Granddad looking afer the kids whilst single mum sells condos visa". "Taking care of other peoples Condos visa". "Running a business soley for the services of former Soviets visa"."Restricted Thais only proffession except if you can speak Russian visa" (tour guide). Those that do this and get paid in Bahts will be Quids in...Sorry Rubles in coz their wages have basicaly doubled in the last few months. And if they transfer their funds out to a Ruskie Bank they get 17% interest....

Sadly, the Ruskies will be replaced by another formidable Communist crowd of savages. I refer to 1.4 billion people in the Big Red state only a few hours away on a plane and maybe even quicker by a projected high speed train. From first hand experience of their total lack of manners and ability to drag up massive amounts of phlegm from their bronchial passages then gob all over the place, you can't beat the crowd who are going to eat the planet empty of every living thing and every useable resource.

Look out, coz they are coming thick and fast to a tourist attraction near you soon. Every airline hostess better take cover as more hot coffee and noodles could come flying their way.

It might be a case of "better the devil you know" than to have this lot trample all over you with their mucky feet.

In case any one doubts me, I am typing this on a VPN from mainland China, and if you think high rises are going up thick and fast in Jomtien you want to see this place.......its mental.

• Like 1