Newbies On Thaivisa

Zendesigner

IT

I like it here.

I understand how difficult it is to run this site and run it well, however, some things that you do are really going to piss some people off, and sometimes it will be rightly.

Just look at the way that you have changed: Just a few months ago, you were the considerate, nice-guy admin, but lately you've been leaning more towards being the fascist one.

That doesn't mean that you are wrong. You've just got to find the personality that works the best for you for getting the job done.

The things that I mentioned before are things that different people have said to me in PMs, and, obviously, I think that they are worth mentioning.

For myself, I have to admit that I'm tired of having to worry if I've stepped over the line and am going to banned, when I really don't know where the line is.

When the gent was banned for 1,000 days, what was it that he did wrong? You had said the day before that if we kept it between ourselves, we could pretty much do what we wanted, and then, you ban him for 1,000 days, and tell me that I just missed it. For what?

Was it the Nazi stuff? If so, you should have said so.

What did I do? Nothing that I haven't been doing on here for the last 3 months, but you told me that you voted for me to be thrown off and you told the gent that you voted for him to be able to stay. What is that about?

As far as the gent coming back, I initiated it so that he could participate on the nice forums, but now you guys are going to stick him back in the Bear-Pit, and you think that it is going to be different? Fat chance.

Look at how he acted today, on his best behavior!

Why bother throwing him off in the first place?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off Topic

Oxford gathers dust ... ? Gee whiz, will that puppy to me! I used to kill slow hours at work reading an old dictionary. A Webster of thirty-ish or forty-ish vintage, it was a wonder of tidbits and inklings.

Really, now that the Bear Pit is gone, poured off like dross from the firey crucible of ThaiVisa, what little scoria the admins have left to deal with must seem piddling. I do have to wonder why a "robots.txt" might not have protected the now expatriated Bear Pit (Oh, the ignominy of being expat'd from an expat site!) and kept our meece (or mice) nested on ThaiVisa.

Sadly, IT's Oxford seems destined to be a dusty cadaver, the Bear Pit an unrequired visa run, and we slumber undisturbed by our peers political foibles, no longer perturbed by the symphony of trumpeting and braying. It will be, at best, a distant cacophony.

Jeepz

I love your vocabulary, Jeepz! :o

Looks to me there's plenty of sheep in newbies clothing here...

Big a-hole sheep who think the entire site revolves around them.

So baaaaad in faaaaact that they need to create additional accounts for their "immature raaaaants." Me, I'm just a newbie in sheeps clothing looking for the last bastion of decent topical information regarding Thailand without the politics.

Exile them to the bearpit.net before it's too laaaaate! Before, all newbies think that Thai Visa is about one or two ranting a-holes.

Baaaa!

Guest IT Manager

Reminds me of my Kiwi mate, Mick. Married a girl from his town then rang me to tell me the news.

I asked whats her name

Baaabaarraaa

Looks to me there's plenty of sheep in newbies clothing here...

Big a-hole sheep who think the entire site revolves around them.

So baaaaad in faaaaact that they need to create additional accounts for their "immature raaaaants." Me, I'm just a newbie in sheeps clothing looking for the last bastion of decent topical information regarding Thailand without the politics.

Exile them to the bearpit.net before it's too laaaaate! Before, all newbies think that Thai Visa is about one or two ranting a-holes.

Baaaa!

Mr Zen rides again :o

Immature rant deleted. ?????

This post has been edited by ###### on Sat 2004-03-27, 21:14:58 ?????

why can't life be more simple

why delete anything

and what is ""immature""

have it not crossed your mind

that the fact that

one is able to label something as immature

means the person who stick that label is a mature

old old fart himself / herself...

ah...

truly an ancient old mind indeed...

how interesting to have these labels...

Immature rant deleted. ?????

This post has been edited by ###### on Sat 2004-03-27, 21:14:58 ?????

why can't life be more simple

why delete anything

and what is ""immature""

have it not crossed your mind

that the fact that

one is able to label something as immature

means the person who stick that label is a mature

old old fart himself / herself...

ah...

truly an ancient old mind indeed...

how interesting to have these labels...

You've got my vote.

Bring back Bronco and Zendesigner.

• 3 years later...
Off Topic

Oxford gathers dust ... ? Gee whiz, will that puppy to me! I used to kill slow hours at work reading an old dictionary. A Webster of thirty-ish or forty-ish vintage, it was a wonder of tidbits and inklings.

Really, now that the Bear Pit is gone, poured off like dross from the firey crucible of ThaiVisa, what little scoria the admins have left to deal with must seem piddling. I do have to wonder why a "robots.txt" might not have protected the now expatriated Bear Pit (Oh, the ignominy of being expat'd from an expat site!) and kept our meece (or mice) nested on ThaiVisa.

Sadly, IT's Oxford seems destined to be a dusty cadaver, the Bear Pit an unrequired visa run, and we slumber undisturbed by our peers political foibles, no longer perturbed by the symphony of trumpeting and braying. It will be, at best, a distant cacophony.

Jeepz

I love your vocabulary, Jeepz! :o

Bet he has "ROGETS" open as he scribes.

the guest you are referring to, who was in fact a moderator on this forum , turned out to be a most unwelcome guest in the end.

ended up being deported back to his home country in shackles and chains to face trial.

wonder if he is still in prison?

Really? Is that why his name appears censored throughout the thread? Couldn't for the life of me work out what was going on there at first with all the ##### symbols!

Why open a really old thread regarding new members? At the time the OP was probably infact true, Many new members signing up. But now TV has members signing up every day. So i'm gonna close this. If you dont agree then feel free to contact admin or another mod. Thanks for your understanding.