Swedish youth jumps to death

Lite Beer

It seems like many men from western countries feel very alone in BKK. More then they would feel alone in let's say Paris, Tokio or Rio - even if they were guests there. Why is that? Maybe because Thais are even more xenophoic? Or because white men think they could easily have a nice girlfriend in Bangkok, but it turns out that a thai "girlfriend" is not the same as a french, swedish or german girlfriend? To be honest, I speak fluent thai, but I feel often lost in BKK. Better move to smaller cities (HuaHin, Rayong, KhonKaen....). You can meet nice people there ore maybe find some help before you jump off the balcony.

So sad,

I'd quite like a young French, Swedish or German gf.

At 24 any country should be fun.

Youth is wasted on the young!

Thailand can be a lonely place for many.

• Like 1

It will be very cold in Sweden at moment,i would not look

forwards to returning as well,but i would not go to such

an extreme, RIP young fella.

regards Worgeordie

If all you can manage is such a banal and thoughtless comment, it's probably best not to bother.

These days Sweden is politically correct to the extreme and everything is forbidden. It is to an extent that the other scandinavian countries do not know whether to laugh or cry.

You haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Swedes have one of the highest standards of living

in the world and are a pretty content bunch overall

Rated no. 6 in world's happiest countries by Forbes.

Edited by YeahSiam
  • Like 1

Those who cannot understand this act, if indeed it was through depression, can never do so unless they have walked in another's shoes with this awful affliction. Think back to the darkest thing that has ever happened in your life and then imagine that feeling pounding away incessantly, every day. Many will do anything to stop it. If you've never had the pleasure, consider yourself blessed!

RIP, young man.

How can the parents of a 24 year old force him to anything??

Hope he enjoyed his short time of freedom!!

What a sad waste of a young life.

Don't think he should have been described as a, "YOUTH" at the age of 24.

Edited by Torrens54

Suicide is painless it brings on many changes, and you can take or leave it if you please.

Personally I find it strange he choose to end it all in Bangkok. Not much different between here and Stockholm. A big city.

I can understand not wanting to leave paradise, but that is something you can never accuse Bangkok of being.

Some people will think this is suspicious but really there are a lot of people lose it in Thailand and depression or drugs are not uncommon.

Very sad 24 and his life in front of him.

IT IS SUSPICIOUS he was in Bangkok not Samui

I would like to hear the parents explanation, he was an adult not a kid

He wasn't an adult he was a youth which is pre adulthood.

"Swedish YOUTH jumps to death"

He probably had some mental problems and the parents wanted to protect him and bring him home to Sweden , he was on a vacation and "lost" it. The sad part is that they found him 2 days ago , but still too late.

He had been to Thailand 3 yrs ago so obviously liked it - why were his family were trying to make him return? I remember my father being very controlling/ jealous of my lifestyle when I was young and travelling around Asia at that age.

I hope the poor chap who found him is coping ok; must be awful to have that happen and also having to answer questions from the family and police.

Swedish tourist 'jumps' to his death in Bangkok
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- A Swedish man fell from a Bangkok condominium's 13th-floor balcony to his death yesterday morning, police said.

After learning of the death at 3am, police found the body of Jens Viktor Bengtsson, 24, in a neighbouring house. They also found no signs of struggle in the room he had been staying in.

Owner of the room, Stephen Riches, 49, from Britain, told police that he had found the man - who was supposed to return home last Monday - wandering in Khao San Road and decided to take him in. Riches said he contacted Bengtsson's relatives to come to pick him up, adding that the young man often threatened to take his own life and was stopped when he tried to jump to his death earlier.

However, on Friday night, Bengtsson went into a rage and even though Riches and his friend John Cristian tried to calm him down, the young man still managed to jump out of the balcony, Riches told police.

Police said they would perform an autopsy on the man's body to try to determine the cause of death.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Swedish-tourist-jumps-to-his-death-in-Bangkok-30250330.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-21

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

How can the parents of a 24 year old force him to anything??

Hope he enjoyed his short time of freedom!!

What a sad waste of a young life.

Could it be possible that the 24 yr old 'youth' didn't have a job and his parents were his bank roll? I would then venture to say that his parents would have some sway in the young man's life. Any ways, RIP. Any suicide is a permanent fix to a temporary problem!

Sounds very stranges, he has travel a lot around the world, so family would be use to that he not stay home

https://www.facebook.com/jensviktorbengtsson?fref=ts

Maybe just maybe the parents also reading alot about westerners dying in this country in shit curcumstances and wanted their son to return home safe? If my kid was is this hovel of a country i would drag him home by the ears just to be sure he werent next.

• Like 2

Parents probably refused to continue to support his lifestyle here and he did not want to go back to the lifestyle at home. RIP

What a ridiculous post.

How could the "Poster" or anyone else for that matter except perhaps close friends come to a conclusion or suggestion anything of the kind.

Not helpful at all to post such as this on a Forum. Could even cause undue stress and upset to friends or relatives of the guy.

Youth.....? this man has not been a youth in at least 7 years. it makes no difference if parents comming to take him home,he was self destructive. sooner or later it would of happened. i feel parents knew this and were trying to alter his big leap forward :-(