Yes, another : where to by " question.

napoleon3

Hello everybody.

I am from Belgium, so sorry for my spelling.

Next month, I will be coming to Thailand (Jomtien) with my family, and we stay for 3 months.

Does anyone know, for sure, if there is a shop around Pattaya where we could by BEARNAISE sause ?

Or is there a company where I could order it ?

Thank you all and merry Xmas.

Thank you very much to:

- gmac - It would be wonderfull if you could make sure, and confirm later. I stay on this topic.

Thank you .

- gerry123 - Yes indeed, I did so last 4 jears. I bring abouth 4 Kilo ( 9 pound ) but they are in glass jars.

Last year half of them where broken on arrival. I do not blame the air company, luggage can drop,

But it would be very nice to be able to by it in Thailand.

yes i wondered about the glass element i guess transferring to plastic containers might be an idea better than mi mee wai2.gif

Indeed, not easy, but not impossible.

But I really would prefer to be able to by it in Thailand.

But, sure, I will keep it in mind.

Thank's again.

Thank you very much to:

- gmac - It would be wonderfull if you could make sure, and confirm later. I stay on this topic.

Thank you .

- gerry123 - Yes indeed, I did so last 4 jears. I bring abouth 4 Kilo ( 9 pound ) but they are in glass jars.

Last year half of them where broken on arrival. I do not blame the air company, luggage can drop,

Do you eat Bearnaise for breakfast, lunch and dinner by any chance?

Big C extra has it at regular price of 85 Baht for think 180gr.

I Europe they sell Bearnaise in powder form, so you can make it easily by yourself, takes less weight and doesn't break.

Thank you very much to:

Thank you .

Do you eat Bearnaise for breakfast, lunch and dinner by any chance?

Big C extra has it at regular price of 85 Baht for think 180gr.

I Europe they sell Bearnaise in powder form, so you can make it easily by yourself, takes less weight and doesn't break.

Very funny Anthony, but you are right !

I really eat some bearnaise with my ham and eggs in the mornig

I eat some bearnaise with my salad at noon.

I eat bearnaise whenever I eat French fries.

So, I am really addicted to bearnaise !!

Also, I do not like Mayonaise - custard - samurai or most oter sauses.

You got my week spot !

But, 85 bath for 180 gram is a very nice price, on my first day I will go look, so thank you!

Many of the supermarkets - Foodland and Central Food Market in the basement of Central Festival come to mind - sell both McCormick's packets, and Thomy in 250 ml cartons. Both are fine. They do tend to come and go, so you will need to stock up if you see them.

Why are you so hard on me Charlie ?

I just asked for some help.

The mod (CharlieH) just did you a big favour by shifting your query to the Pattaya subforum where you got some really good answers. Hope that helps.

So very sorry,

Due to my poor English, I had the iimpression my question had been removed instead of beeing moved.

Stupid me !

I am too old to go back to scool, but I try to imprve my English.

Had some good advice yet.

Thank you very much and enjoy Xmas and New Year.

• Like 1

Napolean

You have the only answers there are (aside from popping to Belgium owned restaurants and asking them for bulk purchase options). However, why not make a job lot yourself? Actually very simply, here is the recipe I use from marco Pierre White.

150ml grape vinegar

50ml white wine

1 shallot, minced

10 peppercorns

2 tbsp tarragon leaves, finely chopped and reserved, and stems set aside

50ml water

4 egg yolks, beaten

Juice of one lemon

300ml clarified butter ( I use Ghee, the Indian clarified butter when I am pushed for time. clarifying butter does not take long though)

1 tbsp chervil or parsley, chopped

Salt and white pepper, to taste

1. Vinegar, wine, shallot, peppercorns and tarragon stems in a pan and reduce until you all you are are left with is about 3 tbsp of reduction. Open the window for this as reducing vinegar can tickle the throat. Add the water and then strain through a fine sieve.

2. Place the egg yolks in a bowl with the lemon juice and whisk in the strained reduction.

3. Place the bowl on a pot of shallow simmering water and whisk for about 20 or 30 seconds, remove, whisk again. Repeat. The key is to cook the yolks slowly, ensuring they don't scramble.

4. Keep whisking until the yolks have thickened. Look for the ribbon stage, when they're firm enough that you can lift the whisk out of the yolks and drizzle some back onto the surface, forming a ribbon-like pattern.

5. When this stage is reached, slowly drizzle in some of the melted clarified butter while whisking constantly. It is critical not to add the butter too quickly or the sauce will split.

6. When the mixture has thickened and begins resembling a sauce, add the chopped chervil or parsley and begin tasting. If too sour, whisk in more melted butter. If not tart enough, squeeze in some lemon juice. If too thick, whisk in some warm water. Add the chopped tarragon leaves and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.

7. Keep in a warm place until ready to use. The sauce will thicken as it sits. Serves eight.

You can pop it into jars (sterilise them in boiling water first), fill them up with a circle of grease proof paper on top of the sauce, then screw top on tightly, and immerse in simmering water until the popping part of the lid will not pop in and pop. Keep in the fridge for a few months, or you can freeze as well but its not so great that way.

Be sure to teach your missus how to make it though .... so that next time...you get the drift

Napolean

You have the only answers there are (aside from popping to Belgium owned restaurants and asking them for bulk purchase options). However, why not make a job lot yourself? Actually very simply, here is the recipe I use from marco Pierre White.

150ml grape vinegar

50ml white wine

1 shallot, minced

10 peppercorns

50ml water

4 egg yolks, beaten

Juice of one lemon

300ml clarified butter ( I use Ghee, the Indian clarified butter when I am pushed for time. clarifying butter does not take long though)

1. Vinegar, wine, shallot, peppercorns and tarragon stems in a pan and reduce until you all you are are left with is about 3 tbsp of reduction. Open the window for this as reducing vinegar can tickle the throat. Add the water and then strain through a fine sieve.

2. Place the egg yolks in a bowl with the lemon juice and whisk in the strained reduction.

3. Place the bowl on a pot of shallow simmering water and whisk for about 20 or 30 seconds, remove, whisk again. Repeat. The key is to cook the yolks slowly, ensuring they don't scramble.

4. Keep whisking until the yolks have thickened. Look for the ribbon stage, when they're firm enough that you can lift the whisk out of the yolks and drizzle some back onto the surface, forming a ribbon-like pattern.

5. When this stage is reached, slowly drizzle in some of the melted clarified butter while whisking constantly. It is critical not to add the butter too quickly or the sauce will split.

6. When the mixture has thickened and begins resembling a sauce, add the chopped chervil or parsley and begin tasting. If too sour, whisk in more melted butter. If not tart enough, squeeze in some lemon juice. If too thick, whisk in some warm water. Add the chopped tarragon leaves and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.

7. Keep in a warm place until ready to use. The sauce will thicken as it sits. Serves eight.

You can pop it into jars (sterilise them in boiling water first), fill them up with a circle of grease proof paper on top of the sauce, then screw top on tightly, and immerse in simmering water until the popping part of the lid will not pop in and pop. Keep in the fridge for a few months, or you can freeze as well but its not so great that way.

Be sure to teach your missus how to make it though .... so that next time...you get the drift

Wow boldface, a real big effort you make to help me, thank you but :

1) I am not a great cook, only basics.

2) It would take me a lot of time to find the ingrediants ( if avaialbel in Thailand )

3) I am looking for the dressing sause, so not the fluent one ( am I saying this correctly? )

But, I am sure you are a great cook, enjoy the hollydays.

Napolean

150ml grape vinegar

50ml white wine

1 shallot, minced

10 peppercorns

50ml water

4 egg yolks, beaten

Juice of one lemon

Wow boldface, a real big effort you make to help me, thank you but :

1) I am not a great cook, only basics.

2) It would take me a lot of time to find the ingrediants ( if avaialbel in Thailand )

3) I am looking for the dressing sause, so not the fluent one ( am I saying this correctly? )

But, I am sure you are a great cook, enjoy the hollydays.

All available in thailand. Most in Makro actually. No special skills needed but it sounds as if you just want the stuff in a jar.

yes i wondered about the glass element i guess transferring to plastic containers might be an idea better than mi mee wai2.gif

Indeed, not easy, but not impossible.

But I really would prefer to be able to by it in Thailand.

But, sure, I will keep it in mind.

Thank's again.

I don't think it is a good idea to transfer the sauce out of the original containers as it could arouse the suspicion of customs inspectors.