December 21, 201411 yr First: an apology for putting this question on two different forums. I put it on the General Bangkok forum before I discovered this, much more appropriate, place for it. We are renovating an apartment whose kitchen is still in great shape, but looking very dated. Instead of ripping it out, I'd like to get it refurbished with fresh laminate/veneer coverings on the door/drawer fronts and worktop. Has anyone in Bangkok done this, and can anyone recommend a company who might take on the job? Thanks, pj
December 21, 201411 yr Suggest you either replace things or paint over. Applying new veneer can be problematic, expensive, and just doesn't make sense.
December 21, 201411 yr No leads on someone who would be interested in replacing your veneer, but I can point you to a new kitchen vendor with good product and prices: www.kvik.co.th We have now used these guys several times - their prices are as little as half of those from Modernform, SB, Starmark, Index etc, service is professional, and no-one gets close to their warranties. The only downside is you have to wait 6-8 weeks after pulling the trigger, because it's all imported. Edited December 21, 201411 yr by IMHO
December 22, 201411 yr Author Thanks, Kitty. The KVIK option does look like a good one. Good designs and great prices. The more I look at the perfectly solid, hardly worn kitchen, the more I'm thinking 'to hell with it - it has to go'.
December 22, 201411 yr Thanks, Kitty. The KVIK option does look like a good one. Good designs and great prices. The more I look at the perfectly solid, hardly worn kitchen, the more I'm thinking 'to hell with it - it has to go'. If the structure of the kitchen units are all good, then you could just ask a shop to make you new door panels with new handles and worktops.
December 22, 201411 yr Thanks, Kitty. The KVIK option does look like a good one. Good designs and great prices. The more I look at the perfectly solid, hardly worn kitchen, the more I'm thinking 'to hell with it - it has to go'. If the structure of the kitchen units are all good, then you could just ask a shop to make you new door panels with new handles and worktops. Good idea If the base cabinets are standard sizes, the OP may be able to just use off-the-shelf ones too. @OP: I know that Kvik itemize each separate part on their bills (i.e. cabs, doors, handles, hinges etc) - not sure if they will sell as separates though. Edit: they also public itemized prices, here: http://publications.kvik.com/Katalog/Priskatalog/2013/TH/V1/ Edited December 23, 201411 yr by IMHO
December 22, 201411 yr Thanks, Kitty. The KVIK option does look like a good one. Good designs and great prices. The more I look at the perfectly solid, hardly worn kitchen, the more I'm thinking 'to hell with it - it has to go'. Note that the prices on their website are for flat-pack DIY kits. They offer 3 options: 1. Flat pack, DIY the lot 2. Partially assembled for DIY install. 3. Fully installed. We have always used option #3, and it's been pretty cheap. They'll send 4 or 5 guys and it will all be done in a morning or afternoon.
Create an account or sign in to comment