Dr Visanu snubs at outlandish proposals for reform

webfact

Dr Visanu snubs at outlandish proposals for reform

22-12-2557-15-30-11-wpcf_728x403.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister Visanu Kruea-ngarm today snubbed at some academics for their outlandlish proposals for political reform which he described as over-excessive and should be brought back to reality.

He was not specific about who these academics were nor their outlandish proposals. But he cautioned that the drafting of the new constitution and national reforms might not be accomplished if these proposals were not contained and adjusted to be realistic.

All stakeholders be it political parties, the Constitution Drafting Committee and the National Council for Peace and Order are free to present their proposals for reform, he said, adding however that it is not necessary for the government to make any proposals now but would do so later on.

Regarding referendum, the deputy prime minister said that those who want a referendum to be staged whether the new charter will be accepted or must be able to come up with good reasons to justify the need of the process.

Staging a referendum can delay the promulgation of the charter and will cost a lot of money like staging an election, he said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/dr-visanu-snubs-outlandish-proposals-reform

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-22

This debate is largely irrelevant and meant only for public consumption.

The blueprint for reform has already been decided by the NCPO and distributed to NRC members on their first day of work back in October.

http://asiancorrespondent.com/127327/thai-juntas-blueprint-for-political-reforms/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=thai-juntas-blueprint-for-political-reforms

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not sure about his comments, but he has fabulous head of hair for a man his age.

Besides being shallow on content there's no mention either of he's age, how old is he

No idea, but given the age of most members of the appointed ones, he will be 60+.

I stand by my non serious original post implicitly. Even if he was 25, it is still a nice main.

All stakeholders be it political parties, the Constitution Drafting Committee and the National Council for Peace and Order are free to present their proposals for reform, he said, adding however that it is not necessary for the government to make any proposals now but would do so later on.

No mention of the Thai people being part of the 'stakeholders' ... Oh silly me, and there I was thinking this was a democracy. The longer this farce goes on the less likely it will be that there will ever be an open democratic election. What the General did was effectively commit and act of treason ... any democratic country would have subjected him to a criminal trial. TIT

• Like 2

IMO, Dr Visanu has one right, and one wrong here.

Quite right about the 'outlandish proposals for political reform'! And by just telling such everyone should be able to understand who he is pointing at: Dr Sompong and his 'panel'.

Very wrong not to push FOR a referendum!!! As where will be the validity, and by such the longevity, of a new 'charter'/Constitution, when it would not have been, freely(!), approved by a majority of the voting Thai citizens! And time and money CANNOT be a valid excuse here, for a good(?) new(?) Constitution which could, should, stay in place for (at least?) a generation! It would be weak from day one of its promulgation, and shortly after open to political attacks (and destruction) when it doesn't have had a popular approval!

No mention of the Thai people being part of the 'stakeholders' ... Oh silly me, and there I was thinking this was a democracy. The longer this farce goes on the less likely it will be that there will ever be an open democratic election. What the General did was effectively commit and act of treason ... any democratic country would have subjected him to a criminal trial. TIT

You walk on thin ice, asking for the moon, as having an open and fair election will be hard enough when the time will come, but asking it to be 'democratic', you're pushing it, why not 'honest' while you're at it, don't forget TiT indeed...

And leave 'the General' out of your rhetoric, please, the jails should already get over-full when the corruptors and corrupted will(?) start to arrive, you'd need to requisition some large islands to house all the traitors, as are all the ones who have pledged an oath to country and King but don't behave accordingly (politicians, civil servants, police, military, ...), by the hundreds of thousands then IMO.

Let's give it some time to see what will happen with that 'war against Corruption', for once some guys are giving the impression they care about it a bit...

IMO, Dr Visanu has one right, and one wrong here.

Quite right about the 'outlandish proposals for political reform'! And by just telling such everyone should be able to understand who he is pointing at: Dr Sompong and his 'panel'.

Very wrong not to push FOR a referendum!!! As where will be the validity, and by such the longevity, of a new 'charter'/Constitution, when it would not have been, freely(!), approved by a majority of the voting Thai citizens! And time and money CANNOT be a valid excuse here, for a good(?) new(?) Constitution which could, should, stay in place for (at least?) a generation! It would be weak from day one of its promulgation, and shortly after open to political attacks (and destruction) when it doesn't have had a popular approval!

Reform MUST come first, before Thailand can do anything.

Lets the reformers do their reform first. No need to rush.

• Like 1

Staging a referendum can delay the promulgation of the charter and will cost a lot of money like staging an election, he said.

"We have to pass the bill to see what's in it" - Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Speaker of the House of Representatives, in reference to the US's Affordable Care Act.

Elections for public office are expensive and are less important than a charter yet every democratic country pays for elections. By his reasoning, politicians should just be appointed so we don't delay getting the right people in office or cost taxpayers money on wasteful elections. And this guy is portraying himself as one of the 'sane' members of the CDC. I fear for Thai people.

• Like 1

"How do you reply to a post such as this - when absolutely no detail has been provided? Do we just say "Yes! Brilliant!"?"

Other than just to build your number of posts, why do you feel you even need to reply to this?

post-218648-0-08042500-1419258327_thumb.

"How do you reply to a post such as this - when absolutely no detail has been provided? Do we just say "Yes! Brilliant!"?"

Other than just to build your number of posts, why do you feel you even need to reply to this?

Why do you feel a need to reply to this reply, since I am replying to your reply, not the reply to which you already replied.blink.png

You walk on thin ice, asking for the moon, as having an open and fair election will be hard enough when the time will come, but asking it to be 'democratic', you're pushing it, why not 'honest' while you're at it, don't forget TiT indeed...

And leave 'the General' out of your rhetoric, please, the jails should already get over-full when the corruptors and corrupted will(?) start to arrive, you'd need to requisition some large islands to house all the traitors, as are all the ones who have pledged an oath to country and King but don't behave accordingly (politicians, civil servants, police, military, ...), by the hundreds of thousands then IMO.

Let's give it some time to see what will happen with that 'war against Corruption', for once some guys are giving the impression they care about it a bit...

Wow. You take yourself very seriously. I, however, do not find your vindictive pre-supposed intellectual superiority to be more than ego stroking tosser rhetoric.

tongue.png

• Like 1

Wow. You take yourself very seriously. I, however, do not find your vindictive pre-supposed intellectual superiority to be more than ego stroking tosser rhetoric.

tongue.png

Coming from you FangFerang, I take your diatribe as a compliment, as I have the same kind of 'appreciation' in reverse for you, just the 'tosser' thing I will all leave to you, as I can't compete with you on that level... (I didn't find any fitting 'smiley', sorry, but that sick-green 'Smarty' fits you well enough)