My first non "O" married man's visa due to expire -what to do next?

Hi Everyone

My very first non "O" visa is due to expire single entry issued in the UK. Can I renew at the local immigration office (only need an extra 26 days) before I return back to the UK or do I have to leave the country etc and obtain a visa in a neighbouring country?

Thanks in advance

You can get a 60 day extension at Immigration. 1,900 baht.

Take Wife and Marriage certificate. Wife's ID, tabbien baan. Passport size photo

Thanks for that info:

I was under the impression I could get an automatic 30 day extension by just turning up with the fee and my passport (like most of Thai wife's she always dreads appointments with officials in uniform) But if there is no alternative I will have to drag her screaming and under protest to the local office LOL

Only on a tourist visa and visa exempt entry is a 30 day extension possible.

You will have to apply for the 60 day extension based on having Thai wife, for which she will have to accompany you.

Confusing information given on this forum.

Just checked the consulate visa website in Liverpool and they state:

Non-Immigrant Visa category ‘O’ (£50 single entry / £125 multiple entry)

This type of visa is for:-

• People visiting family – i.e. men who are married to a Thai National, along with your visa application you must produce your marriage certificate and a translation of the certificate is required as evidence. A single entry visa is valid for 90 days and can be extended for a further 30 days.

Liverpool seem to have other things wrong, their information could do with a rewrite, here's another wrong statement '' A multiple entry visa is valid for 12 months conditional on leaving Thailand for 48 hours every 90 days.

Also closed from 24/12 to 5/01

<p>

Only on a tourist visa and visa exempt entry is a 30 day extension possible.

You will have to apply for the 60 day extension based on having Thai wife, for which she will have to accompany you.

Confusing information given on this forum.

Just checked the consulate visa website in Liverpool and they state:

Non-Immigrant Visa category O (£50 single entry / £125 multiple entry)

This type of visa is for:-

• People visiting family i.e. men who are married to a Thai National, along with your visa application you must produce your marriage certificate and a translation of the certificate is required as evidence. A single entry visa is valid for 90 days and can be extended for a further 30 days.
Ive had 3 non O visas and so far in 50 + years ive not noticed anyone marrying me and the last people in the world id choose to visit are family so yeah, im confused

Why is it that posters do not use the Thai Government web sites to obtain information? No doubt this poster will receive all sorts of different answers from so called experts and end up totally confused. Not to mention the fact that all visas have been discussed ad nauseam on TV.

OP, why ask the posters here who have done these things dozens of times if you already know the answer? ********* flame removed****

1st of all Consulates in other countries have no direct relationship with local immigration offices. Many offices ask for additional things that are not posted on the websites.

If you don't want proper advice and information, or don't trust the posters here, then simply have your wife call your local immigration office. Would have been faster than posting and waiting for responses to which you debate with anyway.

"Ive had 3 non O visas and so far in 50 + years ive not noticed anyone marrying me and the last people in the world id choose to visit are family so yeah, im confused"

The OP is asking about marriage related visas/extensions not retirement.

I know that you are probably old and might not retain information very well, but perhaps you should know that there are 2 different Non O visas. One for retirement which you are probably on and one for family.

Less confused now?

Why is it that posters do not use the Thai Government web sites to obtain information? No doubt this poster will receive all sorts of different answers from so called experts and end up totally confused. Not to mention the fact that all visas have been discussed ad nauseam on TV.

You will not get confused about any visa problems anytime UbonJoe answers. He is always spot on.

• Like 1

Easy, go to your local Immigration Office... They all have an Information Counter...

Ask for a Extentin of Say form I believe it is a TM 7 form and also ask for list of requirements needed to accompany it to take to Immigration to get New Visa. It is in English and they have it already printed out. but it might be under their counter.

I have done for many years, I believe your fee is also 1,900 Baht. I know all the temp visa are this amount. Retirement Visa is also. You can get single entry or multiple entry stamps at same time. I believe they are 1,000 and 3,800 Baht also. Getting them at this time saves time if you leave Thailand for any reason.

(don't have to go to Office if for some reason you need to leave Kingdom for any unexpected reason. I have always carried a single entry for just this purpose. Some I had never used.... But it was just security! Understand?)

Easy!

Edited by davidstipek

Easy, go to your local Immigration Office... They all have an Information Counter...

Ask for a Extentin of Say form I believe it is a TM 7 form and also ask for list of requirements needed to accompany it to take to Immigration to get New Visa. It is in English and they have it already printed out. but it might be under their counter.

I have done for many years, I believe your fee is also 1,900 Baht. I know all the temp visa are this amount. Retirement Visa is also. You can get single entry or multiple entry stamps at same time. I believe they are 1,000 and 3,800 Baht also. Getting them at this time saves time if you leave Thailand for any reason.

(don't have to go to Office if for some reason you need to leave Kingdom for any unexpected reason. I have always carried a single entry for just this purpose. Some I had never used.... But it was just security! Understand?)

Easy!

Thanks Guys ...when explained in a polite informative manner it is really appreciated ..!