Thai Govt 'Willing' To Abolish Death Penalty: Official

Lite Beer

How does that hit and run cop killing stack up? The article talks about "punishing wrong doers," but no effort seems to be made to apprehend this known Thai criminal.

Doesn't punishment and the label "known criminal" only apply to those who have appeared before a court and been found guilty?

I support the use of the deati penalty but only for countries that have a fair and transparent justice system.

USA are by many considered to have a fair and transparent justice system.

Still they have executed innocent people!!

"A society is judged by the way it treats its weakest members"

This says everything....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/george-stinney-jr-black-14yearold-boy-exonerated-70-years-after-he-was-executed-9932429.html

I support the use of the deati penalty but only for countries that have a fair and transparent justice system.

Even ignoring the plethora of other issues, there is no such thing as an infallible system. There are miscarriages of justice in all countries. Only some of which you hear about.

Just what we need more Murders not getting their do. So what about that animal that gets released because he has been so-called "rehabituated" and goes on to kill again...??? I say fry-em......and make it quick.

Who says they have to be released? That is another decision altogether. Personally I believe in "life means life". That also allows for the correction of miscarriages of justice which is kinda hard when someone's been "fried".