Pattaya Police Officer seriously injured in motorbike crash in Jomtien

webfact

biker all my life, what amazes me,is that probably most of those that do wear helmets do not do them up, so what happens,when one is invloved in am accident, the helmet comes flying off, and the head hits tarmac/solid object, on my way to the skytrain i often stop and look at the "red light" dodgers, at my junction, and can observe most of those wating at the junction have not done up their helmets. still the amulet saves all, doesn't it ??

• Like 2

So much hate here. Is the live in Thailand so frustrating and terrible?

Hope the guy recover soon.

No hate, just irony. Do you really fail to see the dark humor of a

Thai policeman collecting money from poor Thai people all day due to them not having a helmet , then driving home without a helmet and crashing ? Wow, guess a sense of irony is not a requirement for signing up for TV..

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

Most probably drunk, not that that info will be released or published.

Yeah that would be my guess as well. Early morning high speed

single bike accidents generally have alcohol involved. I looked at the photos of the road surface that caused the accident, was really not that bad.

I have seen far worse. Now waiting for a statement from city hall they will now fix up the endless potholes in response to this accident....

And had a few drinks may be?

Though why would an off duty cop carry a gun?

Maybe he hadn't had a few drinks?

Why would an off-duty police officer be wearing his uniform trousers and t-shirt also? Oh yes, maybe he wasn't off-duty, or maybe he was on his way to his shift or on his way home, many circumstances could answer your attempted slurs.

If past has taught us anything, is your persistent desire to be a troll.

If you struggle to read, it clearly says OFF DUTY not only it is clearly written, but written in BOLD

But do not let that stop you from trolling, looking forward to the next troll remark

Edited by konying
  • Like 1

No hate, just irony. Do you really fail to see the dark humor of a

Thai policeman collecting money from poor Thai people all day due to them not having a helmet , then driving home without a helmet and crashing ? Wow, guess a sense of irony is not a requirement for signing up for TV..

For instance, this post:

I hope the guy is ok but if anything demonstrates the simple fact of the first thing needed is to observe current laws this is probably it.

I hope, he's not ok! Why? High speed, no helmet as an officer ... he deserves to suffer years from that accident.

Irony? Really? This is far beyond dark humor. Just my humble opinion.

No hate, but yes some frustration about the non progress all over the country.

Three times a night I have to take home the granddaughter by car in the evening.

Currently it is completely dark on the way home over a 2-lane upcountry road at the time.

What you see there is simply unbelievable.

Scooters without backlight or no frontlight or no light at all speeding at 60 to 80 km/h (50 mph or so).

Helmets? About 10%?

Creeping sugarcane trucks with little or no backlight.

Tractors driving home (10 mph) with absolutely no light (not even having some).

Pickups parked in the darkness at roadside (half on the track), no parking light of course.

You will never see drivers/vehicles with reflectors/cat's eyes or the like.

That builds up some bitterness and frustration.

Driving in Pattaya (on visits) is much less dangerous for me who gathers his wits together.

Yes, i know what you mean. I see it every day. But, there will nothing change. Not in the next decade. It is what it is.

This culture seems to be "taking the mickey" out of all and sundry.

Police pull over riders for no helmets, yet ride themselves with no helmets.

What is done ? Nothing.

No law of any strength leads to all these offences non-stop.

Jumping red lights is easy. Will not be pulled over. Maybe 1 in 50 chance collision with 2 red-light jumpers.

It's actually quite laughable how these people conduct themselves.

No morals No respect No nothing. Why not ?? Wont get caught.

Am I the first one to notice that Pattaya Police must have a very good health insurance? Taking him to Bangkok Pattaya instead of Memorial...

And yes, driving without a helmet is pure stupidity, supersized by the fact that the person who should be an example to others and monitor the usage of helmets does not wear one himself sad.png

Am I the first one to notice that Pattaya Police must have a very good health insurance? Taking him to Bangkok Pattaya instead of Memorial...

And yes, driving without a helmet is pure stupidity, supersized by the fact that the person who should be an example to others and monitor the usage of helmets does not wear one himself sad.png

If i had to guess he wan taken to BHP because its better equipped than Memorial and i doubt memorial could handle something really complicated and according to OP he was/is in a pretty serious condition.

I would guess once stabilized, he would be moved to another place to recover, but only a guess.

Do keep in mind, for police officers on tiny wage, many do seem to own nice houses and cars, so money may not be a problemwink.png

Not wearing any shoes either by the look of it, silly arse.

Isn't shoe removal sometimes done by paramedics for medical reasons in the same way as they loosen ties and belts etc?

That road is very dangerous.

That road is dangerous, full of parked cars - people going the wrong way - U turns - and last but not least - large pot holes, we see time and time again the shoddy road surfacing around Pattaya Jomtien, my guess would be that ability to complete a job and quality is not part of the tender

What is the cardinal of operating a motor vehicle...never drive at a speed in excess of what the current road conditions allows. Following safety rules, like wearing a helmet when on a moto, is recommended as well.

If this cop should recover, seems he need to re-certify at the police academy.

I find myself curious why so many people here tend to ignore the simple fact, that a person - on every same right as you and I - just got mauled by yet another unsafe road, and instead of any sympathy nor empathy, you'll turn to his profession for cheap laughs?

Sure I see the irony here - but would I laugh if any of you might be 'dumdum' and ride a scooter into a pothole and injure yourself without a protective helmet - tipping on the NO side here...

Hope the guy makes it - sincerely.

Sorry but please allow me to laugh about this one for once? 5555555!

When he gets better I hope this thread can be translated for him! Always said pretty hard to preach what you do not practice yourself. This remark goes for everyone of the BIB, who do the same thing coming and going from work each day! Take this article and post it at every police station in Pattaya and do what the Thai media do best and show it on evening T.V.as to why he is in his current condition! They might actually get it if they see one of their own? Sorry again 555

• Like 1

Not wearing a helmet, nothing more to add.

If he wear a Thai helmet from Big C it would not have helped him anyway. 90% of the riders do not wear a normal, solid helmet.
Agreed

I wear a BMW Series 3 helmet.

I value myself.

What is a BMW series 3 helmet?

• Like 1

he is a cop !

just coming from the safety training, to be elected to demonstrate

how danger bike exidents with proper dressing like

No Helmet,

no shoes,

no ellbow protection;

Now we know its not save without helmet and proper dressing !

Thanks RTP for support the stunt man !!

Not wearing a helmet, nothing more to add.

If he wear a Thai helmet from Big C it would not have helped him anyway. 90% of the riders do not wear a normal, solid helmet.
Agreed

I wear a BMW Series 3 helmet.

I value myself.

What is a BMW series 3 helmet?

It converts between an open face to a full face helmet.

More info....Google is your friend.

post-39016-1419464625342_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It is my friend, only its SHARK brand NOT BMW brandwhistling.gif

Agreed but it is a System, not a brand, as in a horizontally opposed 4 or 6 engine. Which is called a Boxter, designed by Ferdinand Porche, but not all cars with that engine are Porche.

Some of the best ones are Subaru.

But if you knew the answer, why ask the question?

It is my friend, only its SHARK brand NOT BMW brandwhistling.gif

Agreed but it is a System, not a brand, as in a horizontally opposed 4 or 6 engine. Which is called a Boxter, designed by Ferdinand Porche, but not all cars with that engine are Porche.

Some of the best ones are Subaru.

But if you knew the answer, why ask the question?

And bmw is not a designer or a system but a car manufacturing company