New Airport Opening Date

womble

Transport Minister: bomb plan in England will not cause a delay of opening of Suvarnbhumi Airport

Transport Minister Pongsak Raktapongpaisal (พงศักดิ์ รักตพงศ์ไพศาล) has affirmed that the plan to bomb aircrafts in England will not postpone the opening of Suvarnabhumi Airport, while urging airlines to be more cautious on matters with liquid materials.

Following the interception of the recent terrorism plot in England, Mr. Pongsak has assigned Airports of Thailand to cooperate with Thai Airways in intensifying the transport security measures. He refused to reveal the security plans, but admitted that passengers from Europe may face with some inconvenience during this period. In the meantime, he has requested passengers to arrive at the airport before their flight schedules as the airport has to check all flights before they will be allowed to take off.

He confirmed that this event will not impact on the opening of Suvarnabhumi Airport, which is set on September 28th, and the number of flights will not be lessened as well.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 11 August 2006

Usually when a government minister says something won't happen it happens, so can we conclude that the Government will use security problems as an excuse to delay the opening, i'd say almost certainly they will now use this to cover up the fact the airport isn't ready.

Watch this space................................

Other excuses that would work and cause the airport to be delayed in its opening

War on mars possible

Ladyboys must dress properly till then airport will not open

Plans are in the works to create golf course between runways ..Till study is done new airport will not open

500 baht airport improvement fee should be increased to 501 baht but the backlash from the back packers has the Thai government rethinking hike in fee. Airport delayed till resolved

Other excuses that would work and cause the airport to be delayed in its opening

War on mars possible

Ladyboys must dress properly till then airport will not open

Plans are in the works to create golf course between runways ..Till study is done new airport will not open

500 baht airport improvement fee should be increased to 501 baht but the backlash from the back packers has the Thai government rethinking hike in fee. Airport delayed till resolved

cricky's mate,

i got to tell you this but i dead set recon some of these punters are going to think you are taking the piss here. :D

but i know you are strait up dead set not. :D

cheers mate. :D:o:D

Are you one of them?

Is he a keyboard?

why dont you ask yourself instead of me

I can't . . . I would be the last person to criticise anyone's spelling . . . my typos are legendary in three countries.

fark spelyng

Does anyone know how far (in time and distance) the new airport is to Bangkok (SUKHUMWIT Nana plaza as a land mark) and Pattaya (walking street as a land mark ). thanks for any replys Steve

Pattaya Walking street to new airport, by taxi, 1h30m (have travelled this twice)

Nana Plaza to new airport, not sure but would guess 45min if there is no traffic jam on Sukhumvit Rd.

R u an abbo or what?? or do u just close your eyes when confronted with a keyboard :o
n wt r u? dnt u no tt th lng f ts frm s ngl?

Translation: And what are you? Don’t you know that the language of this forum is English?

---------------

Maestro