It's so cold that............................

pomchop

I don't believe you whistling.gif

I do, but I don't believe everything. When Superman and Batman do all that great stuff I usually say to the wife..."I don't believe that"....she's still wondering if I'm serious or not, She gives me some strange looks, you know the type..."What a looper I have here'?

Edited by dotpoom

Funny how quickly we forget winters back "home"

I lived in Edmonton with minus forty for three months. When it got "up" to the temps we're seeing in Chiang Rai,

people were in shorts and t-shirts playing in the snow.

Minus 58 Celsius .... October 1984 in North Eastern Alberta.

A freak cold spell set in...even the locals had never experienced it that cold that early in the beginning of the cold season.

Cheers

• Like 1

'brass monkey' is an interesting term ... has nothing to do with animal 'monkeys' actually

ventions[edit]

US patent 4634021 describes "A release mechanism is disclosed for releasing an object such as a ball from a body under the force of gravity. A bimetallic element obstructs or opens an opening in the body for retaining or releasing the object depending upon the temperature of the bimetallic element. The release mechanism may be incorporated into a novelty "brass monkey" for "emasculating" the monkey when the temperature decreases to a predetermined temperature at which the balls in the "brass monkey" are permitted to drop to a base which is designed to produce an audible sound when struck by the balls."[17]

from Wikipaedia

The things people think of smile.png

Many years ago I read a definition of a Brass Monkey as being a metal plate with indentations that cannon balls were piled upon. When it got really cold the metal would shrink flattening the metal and the balls would roll off. I like my definition better.