14 year old sexual assault allegations reported to Police in Pattaya

webfact

14 year old sexual assault allegations reported to Police in Pattaya

girl-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Tuesday, the Mother and Grandmother of a 14 year old girl, visited Banglamung Police Station to discuss a case of an alleged sexual assault on the girl by a 30 year old Neighbor who initially communicated with the girl via a free chat app.

Khun Wassana age 31 and her Mother, visited Police Colonel Tamanoon, the Chief of Banglamung Police, to discuss any progress in the case which was initially reported on 17th December. They are concerned that the suspect is still living near the alleged victim who is terrified to even leave their home in case she is assaulted again.

The Colonel began by apologizing for the lack of Police action to protect the young victim and confirmed that an arrest warrant for Khun Manop aged 30 will be issued in the coming days.

The 14 year old Banglamung School student lives with her Grandmother after her parents split-up and was noticeably quieter than normal and appeared to be in pain.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/161226/14-year-old-sexual-assault-allegations-reported-to-police-in-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-24

• Like 1

I thought from the headlines this was an operation yewtree, historical sex crime investigation.

The sex crime being 14 yrs old, not the victim?

I expect the headline was intended to put the wind up a few of the old pervs living in Pattayaclap2.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Paedos need to be exterminated like cockroaches. Surprised there aren't more vigilantes about, especially in Thailand.

there are plenty of vigilantes in Pattaya and in Thailand. they don't go after Paedos because they cannot find enough of them to justify their expenses so they go after just anybody even you and me.

Hard to understand how a report of a physical sexual crime can take from the 17th and now in a couple more days before an arrest warrant will be issued. A hospital confirmed that sexual intercourse had taken place. Why couldn't the man be at least questioned? He is 30 and she is a minor. Surely it is fairly obvious a law has been broken. Even if he claims it was consensual.

Oh yeah, by all means inform khun manop (through the media)

that he is about to be arrested within the next 24 hours. He's

bound to be there waiting blink.png

Oh yeah, how likely is it that he will be reading an English language newspaper or a forum that probably no Thais know about?

The Colonel began by apologizing for the lack of Police action ...

I guess this exemplifies one of the many problems in the judicial system in Thailand.

"The Colonel began by apologizing for the lack of Police action ... "

I guess this actually exemplifies the Colonel's concern about this case.

Oh yeah, by all means inform khun manop (through the media)

that he is about to be arrested within the next 24 hours. He's

bound to be there waiting blink.png

Oh yeah, how likely is it that he will be reading an English language newspaper or a forum that probably no Thais know about?

Do you really think the news in Thailand is only written for ... you blink.png

....having seen blaring headlines.....and monumental police operations.....one might think that...

...there seems to be no lack of action when the perp is a foreigner.....

...time to drill it in the locals heads that they cannot get away with crimes indefinitely....

...and that there should be real consequences to their actions.....

...sick......cowardly...predators.....whatever nationality......

...(...and I hope we do not hear some pathetic excuse like...'Sorry I was lonely'...or whatever nonsense....)...to feign remorse and get let off.....

Paedos need to be exterminated like cockroaches. Surprised there aren't more vigilantes about, especially in Thailand.

Right, cause having people go out and exact justice without due process has always worked in the past.

Just pray nobody falsely accuses you.

No how did you jump to that conclusion? Hmm, itching for a fight I am guessing right keyboard warrior?

• Like 1

The Colonel began by apologizing for the lack of Police action ...

I guess this exemplifies one of the many problems in the judicial system in Thailand.

"The Colonel began by apologizing for the lack of Police action ... "

I guess this actually exemplifies the Colonel's concern about this case.

the way I read it is that the Colonel apologised because he was in the media spotlight, and not through any sense of shame at the poor performance of his station. If the lady had not involved the press, do you really think there would be any progress?