Income letter for retirement visa in Patts

Passport stolen,so had to do it all again BKK etc.

Passport states 22Oct to 19 Jan,which was processed in BKK and required a income letter,obtained dated 16September 2014 Just been to Jontiem immigration to extend to a retirement visa and they want yet another income letter,two in 3 months

Got the copy of the letter,but BKK hold the original. would it be possible to do the retirement extension there,instead of Pattaya seeing as they hold the original letter/

Thanks for any help forthcoming (or not)

You will have to get a new income letter from the embassy. You cannot do the extension in Bangkok. Even if you lived in Bangkok and could do the extension there you would need 2 letters.

I have been suggesting that people get 2 income letters at the same time if they are doing the conversion because of this problem.

You will have to get a new income letter from the embassy. You cannot do the extension in Bangkok. Even if you lived in Bangkok and could do the extension there you would need 2 letters.

I have been suggesting that people get 2 income letters at the same time if they are doing the conversion because of this problem.

Thanks,I will try and get the embassy to furnish a duplicate

• Like 1

Guys, how this retirement visa could be processed in Thailand for anyone after 50? How long it takes and could it be done through Jomtien immigration in Pattaya whilst I am there on 30 days exemption?

Called Thai Consulate in Sydney and was told to show 31K Australian in bank account. Previously was told about showing 800,000 THB already transferred into Thailand (Bank Books). Is there some kind of a general rule or visas processed on a "nobody knows for sure basis"?

Guys, how this retirement visa could be processed in Thailand for anyone after 50? How long it takes and could it be done through Jomtien immigration in Pattaya whilst I am there on 30 days exemption?

Called Thai Consulate in Sydney and was told to show 31K Australian in bank account. Previously was told about showing 800,000 THB already transferred into Thailand (Bank Books). Is there some kind of a general rule or visas processed on a "nobody knows for sure basis"?

You would have do the conversion to a non immigrant visa in Bangkok. You would need proof or 800k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

Then after about 60 days after getting the visa you could apply for the extension at Jomtien. If using money in the bank it would have to be in the bank for 60 days then.

I suggest you contact the honorary consulate in Brisbane about getting a single entry non-o visa before coming here ( http://www.thaiconsulate.org/ ). They will not ask for financial proof.

You could apply for your extension in Jomtien without the need for a conversion.

​The official consulate in Sydney and the embassy in Canberra will only do the OA visa.

You would have do the conversion to a non immigrant visa in Bangkok. You would need proof or 800k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

Then after about 60 days after getting the visa you could apply for the extension at Jomtien. If using money in the bank it would have to be in the bank for 60 days then.

I suggest you contact the honorary consulate in Brisbane about getting a single entry non-o visa before coming here ( http://www.thaiconsulate.org/ ). They will not ask for financial proof.

You could apply for your extension in Jomtien without the need for a conversion.

​The official consulate in Sydney and the embassy in Canberra will only do the OA visa.

Thanks,I will try and get the embassy to furnish a duplicate

The Embassy won't "furnish a duplicate" -- you can obtain a second Income Letter and pay the fee twice.

Better check if a copy is acceptable. Probably not, if Bangkok is holding the original. The files will be held in two different offices, after all.

Best to check ahead.

A senior immigration official in Chiang Mai told me on Monday that a copy of an Income Letter is still accepted for the second step of a conversion, but I don't think she's thought thru all the ramifications of having the files for the first step being held in Bangkok now. The change for CM not being able to do the first step of a conversion has just been in effect since December 1st and I think they're still figuring out how that's going to work in the future.

Conversions out of Patts have been sent to Bangkok for much longer for the first step.

Edited by NancyL

Thank you very much. Will try to call on Monday. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

• 2 weeks later...

Income letters from the UK embassy ,being 2500 baht a time are a great money spinner for the UK govt. I did,yes i did, experiment with another source at 300 baht a time,sailed through.

Maybe the warning of the 1911 act over the counter number 1 at UK HQ,in BKK is a bit daunting ,but I'm not giving the sods anything I do not want to

I currently have an annual extension based on marriage. When I get my UK state pension, then I will have 3 pensions; 2 company pensions and the UK state pension.

At that time I am thinking of extending each year based on retirement, as it is claimed to be 'easier' to do rather than the extension based on marriage and I won't have to have 400k in the bank. However, it seems I have to go to Bangkok, to the British Embassy there, to get my pensions documents notarized.

Could someone who has done this please confirm/tell me if:-

1. I have to make an appointment at the British Embassy, travel to Bangkok in person and pay 50 pounds per pension document, so total is 150 pounds.

2. Each notarized pension document is usable for just one year, so has to be re-notarized each year.

3. Is it really any 'easier' than the extension based on marriage, after all for the marriage extension I just have to take some photos, visit the local amphur and jump through some hoops, but only in Pattaya, I don't need to travel to Bangkok. I do not have to deposit 400k in the bank though, so not having to do this may be the reason people really like it?

Thanks for your help

I currently have an annual extension based on marriage. When I get my UK state pension, then I will have 3 pensions; 2 company pensions and the UK state pension.

At that time I am thinking of extending each year based on retirement, as it is claimed to be 'easier' to do rather than the extension based on marriage and I won't have to have 400k in the bank. However, it seems I have to go to Bangkok, to the British Embassy there, to get my pensions documents notarized.

1. I have to make an appointment at the British Embassy, travel to Bangkok in person and pay 50 pounds per pension document, so total is 150 pounds.

2. Each notarized pension document is usable for just one year, so has to be re-notarized each year.

3. Is it really any 'easier' than the extension based on marriage, after all for the marriage extension I just have to take some photos, visit the local amphur and jump through some hoops, but only in Pattaya, I don't need to travel to Bangkok. I do not have to deposit 400k in the bank though, so not having to do this may be the reason people really like it?

Thanks for your help

you get this answered from a more informed source I guess.

get there before 11am show them all your income documents ,whatever they come to will be on one letter £50,collect after 2 pm

Guess you could do it by letter if back of beyond living

Edited by loppylugs1

Thanks for your help

You can have it all in one income letter. Info here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-obtain-a-pensionincome-letter-for-thai-immigration

No appointment needed.

@

ubonjoe

Thanks Joe,

I've gotten answers from immigration as well as the US Embassy as to the time validity of the income varification letter and it's ranged from 7 days to 6 months. I wonder if it's one of those things such as it depends on the particular immigration officer on a particular day and what the weather is like that particular day.

While it's possibly asking for too much from TH. I think it'd be almost reasonable for a conclusive and uniform validity timeframe.

P,S. I don't use the letter but It's tempting so as to avoid going to the bank here.

Edited by watcharacters

@

ubonjoe

Thanks Joe,

I've gotten answers from immigration as well as the US Embassy as to the time validity of the income varification letter and it's ranged from 7 days to 6 months. I wonder if it's one of those things such as it depends on the particular immigration officer on a particular day and what the weather is like that particular day.

While it's possibly asking for too much from TH. I think it'd be almost reasonable for a conclusive and uniform validity timeframe.

P,S. I don't use the letter but It's tempting so as to avoid going to the bank here.

The 7 days is probably for a letter from the bank.

It is 6 months for an income affidavit. I did my extension with one that was 4 months old.

Here is a directive that went out to all immigration offices in 2013, PCEC-NOTICE-THAI-IMMIGRATION-NEWS-JUNE-6.pdf

Ubonjoe. Loppylugs1, thanks for the feedback. The cost and effort seems quite reasonable, a good excuse for a short trip to Bangkok as well.

Thanks again

edit: just read the link posted by Ubonjoe, so I can do it all by post - simple.

Edited by dsfbrit