Cheap speakers aren´t supposed to sound like this

THAIPHUKET

IMHO, you are a treasure. That may be the answer but ... I wonder if the residence is changed if that does not block my Visa Payments because my Visa card will remain German.

I think so long as your billing address matches the card, you won't have a problem. I can't say for sure though - all my cards are Thai.

• 5 weeks later...

Also using FIrefox, no link to be seen. see screen shot.

Did you get your speakers yet?

@Other Readers: we solved the Ebay link issue via PM wink.png

What's your thoughts on the Audio engine A2+ and A5+ available in Thailand

To be honest, I've only heard them in a shopping mall environment, with ambient noise, and someone else's media. All I can really say is that they clearly have a 'tuned' response (for all I know, that could have been as a result of what the salesperson thought made for a good demo though) - but from what I heard I wouldn't class them as a neutral sounding speaker - so whether you like them or not is purely personal taste.

I didn't stop back for a more detailed demo, if that says anything though wink.png

Edited by IMHO

IMHO , I owe a much delayed answer, yes I ordered , everything went fine. UNTILL .............. I wiil not bore you, but ordering from a German ebay account and shipment to Th, proved impossible. Will save you the intermezzo I had with ebay, because my credit card had already been accepted.

Rather than having a nervous breakdown I gave the issue a rest But will try again, I want the JBL LSR305'

I haven't auditioned these - I'm just not a Bose fan (Bose practically invented colored sound ;) )

This thread is discussing budget audiophile speakers - you might get better feedback in the computers forum?

IMHO , I owe a much delayed answer, yes I ordered , everything went fine. UNTILL .............. I wiil not bore you, but ordering from a German ebay account and shipment to Th, proved impossible. Will save you the intermezzo I had with ebay, because my credit card had already been accepted.

Rather than having a nervous breakdown I gave the issue a rest But will try again, I want the JBL LSR305'

What a bummer..

This Thai vendor has them for 8K each (so 16K Baht pair), but shipping is stated at 5-12 weeks: http://portal.weloveshopping.com/product/W26407905 If that interests you, I'd suggest an actual phone call to the vendor first though - it sounds to me like they are importing only when you place an order, ans as such you will want to make sure there are no other surprises....

At present I am using the Companion 5 package and its a decent system. The only reason I pulled these was the duty free in Doha sold them for half price to get rid of the last set they had.

^ recommendations pls. Need a couple pair of cheapos. My reference is a 10yo pr of Altec Lansings that sound great, and loud, which were probably 3k-ish back then. (compared to the well reviewed UE BOOM bluetooth).

Forget about UE Booms.... . I tested more than 10 speakers back to back and the one that truly stood out was Creative's Sound Blaster ROAR. Blew all the other speakers out of the water. Quite impressed by the sound quality especially when played back to back with all the other portable bluetooth speakers.

http://sg.creative.com/p/speakers/sound-blaster-roar

^ recommendations pls. Need a couple pair of cheapos. My reference is a 10yo pr of Altec Lansings that sound great, and loud, which were probably 3k-ish back then. (compared to the well reviewed UE BOOM bluetooth).

Forget about UE Booms.... . I tested more than 10 speakers back to back and the one that truly stood out was Creative's Sound Blaster ROAR. Blew all the other speakers out of the water. Quite impressed by the sound quality especially when played back to back with all the other portable bluetooth speakers.

http://sg.creative.com/p/speakers/sound-blaster-roar

If we're going to talk BT speakers, I guess this is worth watching/listening smile.png

Nothing using BT streaming could ever be classed as audiophile though, of course, and they're just not in the same galaxy as the LSR's.

Edited by IMHO

To be honest, I've only heard them in a shopping mall environment, with ambient noise, and someone else's media. All I can really say is that they clearly have a 'tuned' response (for all I know, that could have been as a result of what the salesperson thought made for a good demo though) - but from what I heard I wouldn't class them as a neutral sounding speaker - so whether you like them or not is purely personal taste.

I didn't stop back for a more detailed demo, if that says anything though wink.png

The good thing about the A2+ (which sit on my daughter's desk) is their size and the fact that they have a pretty 'fun' signature. Definitely agree that they are not neutral sounding, but for their price as well as occupying the minimum amount of space they do a bang up job. They also get reasonably loud with minimum distortion.

• Like 1

The good thing about the A2+ (which sit on my daughter's desk) is their size and the fact that they have a pretty 'fun' signature. Definitely agree that they are not neutral sounding, but for their price as well as occupying the minimum amount of space they do a bang up job. They also get reasonably loud with minimum distortion.

I do understand what you mean :) We have a Harman Kardon Go+Play BT boombox - it's not an accurate sound at all, but it's a fun little system to play pop music by the pool, and just loud enough to be able to hear above a bunch of nosy kids ;)

I do understand what you mean smile.png We have a Harman Kardon Go+Play BT boombox - it's not an accurate sound at all, but it's a fun little system to play pop music by the pool, and just loud enough to be able to hear above a bunch of nosy kids wink.png

The upside also is that starting them off young on 'decent' systems means that the bar is raised; hopefully my daughter will not fall into the "Beats trap" where crappy equipment played loudly sounds good to her.

• Like 1