Speeding Lamborghini hits 2, knocks out traffic light in Bangkok

webfact

A V-10 was never designed for tiny Thai feet in the 1st place.

Thai feet = Asian feet?

I wonder if Prince Bira and Kamui Kobayashi would agree with you?

Prince Bira will be well over most TVF members heads. Got a circuit named after him just outside Pattaya, most people never heard of him

They probably won't have heard of of Prince Bira's Romulus, Remus and Hanuman either.

Potentially the new police chief has the opportunity now to show us real change.......

Driver Chatchai Adirekwutthikul, 26, was uninjured. Police said his blood alcohol level did not exceed legal limits. He’ll be charged with damaging public property and reckless driving resulting in injury

i suspect they mean legal limits for rich, well connected people

Thai feet = Asian feet?

Prince Bira will be well over most TVF members heads. Got a circuit named after him just outside Pattaya, most people never heard of him

They probably won't have heard of of Prince Bira's Romulus, Remus and Hanuman either.

Probably because they were all in the Prince Bira ERA.wink.png

For those interested :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birabongse_Bhanudej

This is definitely a chance for the police to show they are doing a good job. He should have the book thrown at him and given the maximum sentence the law allows. Should not matter that he obviously comes from a rich family, the law is the law.

PS Who would want an orange Lambo even if they were daft enough to want a Lambo in the first place?

I understand the outrage when a rich person gets away with things the rest of us would not.

I don't understand the glee and pompous indignation expressed when a rich person commits a crime that would barely make a mention if a regular person were to do the same thing.

I mean, would a story of an accident involving a 5 year old Vios with no plates make the news? Would it draw the same vitriol as this guy does? Is it actually about envy rather than justice?

Just Saying...

Do the drivers of both vehicles face the same consequences for the same crime?

The feeling they do not is behind much of the "vitriol" you observe.

• Like 2

Yeh im sure ive seen this orange lambo getting around thonglor a bit. He had black on red numberplates tho.. Maybe it was a showroom one they were taking for a hack about? I always feel the young guys behind the wheel of the supercars in my area just borrow them.

Potentially the new police chief has the opportunity now to show us real change.......

Driver Chatchai Adirekwutthikul, 26, was uninjured. Police said his blood alcohol level did not exceed legal limits. Hell be charged with damaging public property and reckless driving resulting in injury

plus an additional charge of driving a vehicle without licence plates, possibly without insurance as well ?

Maybe while we're at it we might as well check how the vehicle was imported ?

If the car is newly bought and awaiting issue of the first registration the buyer can opt to run it with no plates at all but use of the car is restricted to within the Province of registration and to hours of (I think, 0600 to 1800).

Most new car buyers opt for red trade plates that can be used nationwide but each journey is required to be recorded in the temporary registration book and use is restricted 0600 to 1800.

But tell that to my wife who drove her car for 13 months on red plates and never recorded a trip

and ignored the time limits.

• Like 2

Thai feet = Asian feet?

This one is no Prince Bira, just a James Hunt.

• Like 2

Driver Chatchai Adirekwutthikul, 26, was uninjured. Police said his blood alcohol level did not exceed legal limits. Hell be charged with damaging public property and reckless driving resulting in injury

plus an additional charge of driving a vehicle without licence plates, possibly without insurance as well ?

If the car is newly bought and awaiting issue of the first registration the buyer can opt to run it with no plates at all but use of the car is restricted to within the Province of registration and to hours of (I think, 0600 to 1800).

Most new car buyers opt for red trade plates that can be used nationwide but each journey is required to be recorded in the temporary registration book and use is restricted 0600 to 1800.

But tell that to my wife who drove her car for 13 months on red plates and never recorded a trip

Based on the above information then, he was obviously breaking the law regarding driving times on red plates since he was racing around at 2am..

Never knew that. BTW searching a bit here I found this old thread which got renewed December 2011

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/35752-new-car-red-license-plates/page-2#entry4910878

Edited by rubl

I understand the outrage when a rich person gets away with things the rest of us would not.

I don't understand the glee and pompous indignation expressed when a rich person commits a crime that would barely make a mention if a regular person were to do the same thing.

I mean, would a story of an accident involving a 5 year old Vios with no plates make the news? Would it draw the same vitriol as this guy does? Is it actually about envy rather than justice?

Just Saying...

Just go down to the Polo club and you'll see many old/cheap cars of very influential people.

Nothing to do with the cars.

Just wait until those giving the envy/vitriol have an accident and are given the chance to pay to get out of a murder charge - how many would take the full consequences of their action, be it after 1 beer, a lapse of concentration, answering their phone etc.

Just the same as the average Joe giving the policeman a 100 baht instead of going down to the police station and paying 200. Exactly the same - evading the consequences of a crime.

I have friends that go on about the Red Bull and other famous cases but would do exactly the same if they were in that situation.

Only difference is that they wont get the same opportunities when in a similar situation.

Edited by Anthony5

Just Saying...

Just go down to the Polo club and you'll see many old/cheap cars of very influential people.

Nothing to do with the cars.

Just wait until those giving the envy/vitriol have an accident and are given the chance to pay to get out of a murder charge - how many would take the full consequences of their action, be it after 1 beer, a lapse of concentration, answering their phone etc.

Just the same as the average Joe giving the policeman a 100 baht instead of going down to the police station and paying 200. Exactly the same - evading the consequences of a crime.

I have friends that go on about the Red Bull and other famous cases but would do exactly the same if they were in that situation.

Only difference is that they wont get the same opportunities when in a similar situation.

You obviously don't know the RTP and how little it is to get off a serious charge.

I have a thousand Baht that says the driver will never be brought to justice...

Only a thousand you could multiple that 1000 times and have a safe bet. With a car like that it must be the son??? of some high ranking official so it will all be swept under the carpet

• Like 1