Arrest warrants out for nine Thai CSD police officers for taking bribes

webfact

Arrest warrants out for nine CSD police officers for taking bribes from online soccer bets

12-25-2014-1-47-48-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Metropolitan police are now hunting for nine senior police officers attached to the powerful Crime Suppression Division (CSD) after gaining substantial evidences that they took bribes from online soccer betting.

Three wanted officers are in the colonel ranks, two in the lieutenant colonel rank, two in major rank, and two in lieutenant rank.

The action from the Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB) came after it has officially asked the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) to hand over nine officers to the MPB for questionings after they were accused of taking bribes from a well-known online soccer bet network called “Abubakar”.

He said if these officers refuse to show up for questions, the metropolitan police have to hunt and arrest them to face charges.

The nine officers are in addition to five officers who were earlier wanted on the same charges but still do not turn themselves in to metropolitan police.

These officers belonged to the bribery network operated under the order of the former CIB commissioner Pol Lt Gen Pongpat Chayaphan who is facing various serious charges ranging from briberies to less majeste, MPB commissioner Pol Lt Gen Sriwala Rangsipramkul said.

The nine officers are Pol Col Vajarapol Thongluan, Pol Col Atip Tannil, Pol Col Supat Lim-im, Pol Lt Col Watana Polngandee, Pol Lt Col Pipat Chawengrat, Pol Maj Chakkapand Leelanantawing, Pol Maj Apisit Mekprayoon, Pol Capt Nitipat Kangruambutr, and Pol Lt Saksirin Kesirnsien.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/arrest-warrants-nine-csd-police-officers-taking-bribes-online-soccer-bets

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-25

I bet the cops will be glad when the PTP are back in power, enough of this being held accountable business. biggrin.png

Of course, this time of the PTP ruling is what maxme, tbthailand, sjaak, et all glorify and claim was such a much better time, that it should be returned to.

• Like 1

so they picked on 9 (lucky number) when it is well known in thailand that EVERY police force control the soccer bets (via the collectors of course)

people have nailed it on here this is one big power struggle between the corrupt RTP and the equally corrupt Military.......in 3 years it will swing back to the police again

• Like 2

so they picked on 9 (lucky number) when it is well known in thailand that EVERY police force control the soccer bets (via the collectors of course)

people have nailed it on here this is one big power struggle between the corrupt RTP and the equally corrupt Military.......in 3 years it will swing back to the police again[/quote. Same,same for 90years.

Edited by harada
  • Like 2

JOC, any comments on this?

What do you think...........ain't they doing a good job?

Don't worry, it takes time but even you will eventually understand.

costas you gotta a challenger.now man up and follow the leaders,we all know who they are.is this infantile competition still open,i think you have degraded yourself for the sake of childish kudos

• Like 1

If they were charged with illegal betting in a Thai court under the normal processes of law, I would be the first to cheer. They would lose their job and face a fine, to me that would be enough.

However, since they may well have a charge of LM, be facing many years in jail in a military court with no right to appeal.

I in all fairness would have only one thing on my mind if it was me.

Run run run.

• Like 1

You are the one here, who really haven't got a clue about, what is going on!!

Skinny and Fat both know a man. Skinny lost!!

costas you gotta a challenger.now man up and follow the leaders,we all know who they are.is this infantile competition still open,i think you have degraded yourself for the sake of childish kudos

There are men and mice in this world.

Don't know about the others but I am a man and will voice my opinion as long as I live.

• Like 1

I understand that there has long been a major rift between the army and the police. I understand that there still appear to be some untouchables.

Haul ass down to a certain island which concerns the Burmese, and do some serious butt kicking on those who wear the correct color of shirt, and I might start believing.

Watching the army take down the police and members of the PTP just seems like the other color of shirt has the big guns now.

The government proposals are to fill the government with army and former army people. Is there no corruption in the army? 555

There's a new club in town.

Bingo!

thumbsup.gif

None so blind as those who cannot see...

• Like 1

Hey Costas, is it the egg nogg or the X-Mas Ouzo that makes you brave? Relax, dance Sirtaki and throw a couple of plates on the floor. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

There are men and mice in this world.

Don't know about the others but I am a man and will voice my opinion as long as I live.

good on you,but sometimes you can be compared to the big pricks in the world,i think you are losing it up against the bigger pricks on the poster of the year challenge,not to be taken as sexist,this also includes all 3 genders.i know it is xmas and the dear souls are sensitive hopefully nothing un pc (where the eff did that come from ) happy days are here again

I bet the cops will be glad when the PTP are back in power, enough of this being held accountable business. biggrin.png

Of course, this time of the PTP ruling is what maxme, tbthailand, sjaak, et all glorify and claim was such a much better time, that it should be returned to.

yes yes…yingluck was elected so that makes everything else OK!

• Like 2

people have nailed it on here this is one big power struggle between the corrupt RTP and the equally corrupt Military.......in 3 years it will swing back to the police again

Close, but no cigar. This is not so much an RTP vs Military thing, but more ( for the sake of argument and oversimplification ) a "yellow" vs "red" thing and who they respectively support and idolize.

Hey Costas, is it the egg nogg or the X-Mas Ouzo that makes you brave? Relax, dance Sirtaki and throw a couple of plates on the floor. thumbsup.gif

Sometimes I wish I was Greek. Would love to be able to smash plates and get away with it. clap2.gif

• Like 1