Sunderland Forum

Sunderland

As a Leeds fan, I would like to offer my condolences to all Sunderland fans. Notwithstanding the OP's jibes at us on the Leeds threads, I have a lot of time for fans of clubs who - like Leeds - deserve so much better. And I include Sunderland and Newcastle in that group.

The only pleasure I see in this is seeing Roy Keane's glaring tactical naievity being exposed. Git.

Sorry. I don't buy into any of that. And yes we still hate you.

Bendix, such kind words - all three clubs fans deserve a medal for the <deleted> they have to put up with, but I think the Mags take the biscuit considering the money they have spent year in, year out over the last 15 years. :o They still are no nearer any success, as for Sunderland I'm going to put him on suicide watch, no breakable or sharp items and certainly no ligature material in his vicinity . :D

As for any spelling mistakes, who cares....too many Changs :D

Edited by mrtoad

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite my earlier prediction of a 13-0 win for Sunderland, I have a bad feeling that Derby might win under their new manager Paul Jewell. Taxi for Keane ...

A summary of Sunderland v Derby

1st minute Sunderland fans :D Derby fans :D

16th minute Sunderland :D Derby :bah:

54th minute Sunderland :D Derby :o

Final score Sunderland 0 Derby 2

Mass celebrations around the stadium of <deleted> as Sunderland score a last minute goal to beat the worst team in Premiership history by 1-0.

That basically sums up Sunderland's ambition.

A win is a win Mr. Spit. Are you looking over your shoulder??? :o

Mass celebrations around the stadium of <deleted> as Sunderland score a last minute goal to beat the worst team in Premiership history by 1-0.

A win is a win Mr. Spit. Are you looking over your shoulder??? :D

After Arsenal on Wednesday, Newcastle's next 4 games are Brum (h), Fulham (a), Derby (h) and Wigan (a). If they still have 20 points or less after these games then I would be worried. :o

After Arsenal on Wednesday, Newcastle's next 4 games are Brum (h), Fulham (a), Derby (h) and Wigan (a). If they still have 20 points or less after these games then I would be worried. :o

Will they still have Big Sam after Wednesday, that's the main question at the moment.

As for Sunderland, well 3 points, and it wont matter how they got them or who against. They should have beaten the Black and Shites in the Derby as well. :D

Will they still have Big Sam after Wednesday, that's the main question at the moment.

As for Sunderland, well 3 points, and it wont matter how they got them or who against. They should have beaten the Black and Shites in the Derby as well. :D

Instead we beat the <deleted> and Shites from Derby :D

Actually I have secretly been approached to replace Southgate at Boro......the main reason apart from my welath of football knowledge is that Steve Gibson recognised how shrewd I was by NOT having any Boro players in my fantasy league team !!!!

I told em to stuff it !!!...... my subbuteo players are better, and they told me I couldn't paint any of the players or buy Torquay's proper floodlights...losers

Sorry to put this on your thread Sunderland...but I have'nt got any Sunderland players either....just to keep the post ON TOPIC !!!

Actually I have secretly been approached to replace Southgate at Boro......the main reason apart from my welath of football knowledge is that Steve Gibson recognised how shrewd I was by NOT having any Boro players in my fantasy league team !!!!

I told em to stuff it !!!...... my subbuteo players are better, and they told me I couldn't paint any of the players or buy Torquay's proper floodlights...losers

Sorry to put this on your thread Sunderland...but I have'nt got any Sunderland players either....just to keep the post ON TOPIC !!!

You can't have our lights. They are famous!!!!

BTW, I dont have any Newcastle, Sunderland or Boro players in my fantasy league team either, on the acdcount that they are crap.

BTW, I dont have any Newcastle, Sunderland or Boro players in my fantasy league team either, on the acdcount that they are crap.

Thats not true surely. Let me think.........................ermmm oh sorry you are right :o

Michael Owen was good once :D

You can't have our lights. They are famous!!!!

I foolishly have Gordon, McShane and Jones in my squad, plus Downing (Middlesbrough) ... however, I have more points than you Mr. Toad ... kettle, pot, kettle, pot, kettle ... :o

I see craig gordon was dropped at the weekend. :D I think the pi55-poor defence are more to blame than gordon.

keane should give russell anderson a shot in defence (if he's fit?).

Although Craig Gordon wasn't too blame for all 7 goals at Everton, he hasn't kept a clean sheet (admittedly behind a poor defence) since the opening day victory over Spurs, so Darren Ward deserved his chance having done so well between the sticks last season. Ward didn't have much to do, but pulled off a stunning save from Miller in the first half ... therefore justifying selection. Gordon will have to wait for his chance to get back in the team.

I only recall seeing Russell Anderson come on as a sub at Wigan when he looked lacking in pace and made some awful challenges. He came with a solid reputation, so I hope he will get another chance and prove us wrong.

Greg Halford looked awful earlier in the season, but his recent outings have shown much more promise and Kean could yet get the best out of him.

Paul McShane impressed me early in the season and there is no doubting his effort. However, at times he looks like a headless chicken with an orange on his head playing in a pair of wellies! :o

No the stupidest rumour of the season was ...

NEWCASTLE TARGET EUROPE

I think it's that they just want to re-locate to Europe to get away from their supporters :o

Sunderland - you must have some REALLY good players in your team though as you bought so many CHEAP CRAP ones from the N/East ? :D

According to some sources, Boro have put in a bid for Ronaldhinio (10 million).

Has to be the stupidest rumour of the season, other than signing Andy Cole for his experience.

NEWCASTLE TARGET EUROPE

The closest that Sunderland will ever get to playing in Europe is playing in pre-season friendly in Ireland.

Has to be the stupidest rumour of the season, other than signing Andy Cole for his experience.

NEWCASTLE TARGET EUROPE

The closest that Sunderland will ever get to playing in Europe is playing in pre-season friendly in Ireland.

:o

They would probably get travel sick going all that way, Scotlands probably closer.

NEWCASTLE TARGET EUROPE

:D

They would probably get travel sick going all that way, Scotlands probably closer.

Scotland's north of Sunderland , right MrT ? & are they in Europe ? :o

I see craig gordon was dropped at the weekend. :D I think the pi55-poor defence are more to blame than gordon.

keane should give russell anderson a shot in defence (if he's fit?).

Although Craig Gordon wasn't too blame for all 7 goals at Everton, he hasn't kept a clean sheet (admittedly behind a poor defence) since the opening day victory over Spurs, so Darren Ward deserved his chance having done so well between the sticks last season. Ward didn't have much to do, but pulled off a stunning save from Miller in the first half ... therefore justifying selection. Gordon will have to wait for his chance to get back in the a decent team.

:D:D:o

Found this

And people wonder why there is such an intense rivalry between Newcastle and Sunderland :o

Gotta admit it made me laugh, despite being a Sunderland fan. The lengths the wee Geordies will go to to get their kicks. Bless 'em! :D

Edited by Sunderland

Latest silly transfer rumours:

Sunderland in for £3m Blackburn striker

Roy Keane could make a move for out-of-favour Blackburn striker Jason Roberts in the January transfer window.

The Mirror today reports targetman Roberts is frustrated by a lack of first team opportunities at Ewood after falling down the pecking order behind Roque Santa Cruz and Benni McCarthy.

It is thought it would a fee of about £3m to prise the Roberts away from Blackburn.

Roberts was a prolific finsher at Wigan Athletic, but has struggled in front of goal since his move to Rovers last season.

Possible .... although not much better than what we already have. :D

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/Sunder...burn.3578011.jp

Sunderland v Boro for Chelsea trainee

SUNDERLAND are reportedly on the trail of Crewe Alexandra defender Danny Woodwards.

Woodwards' form this season has attracted interest from Premiership rivals Middlesbrough.

The former Chelsea trainee joined Crewe almost a year ago from Exeter for £30,000.

Wowwwwwwwwwwww!! :o

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/Sunder...lsea.3574622.jp

Sunderland linked with £5m Chelsea star

Sunderland are being linked with a £5million swoop for Chelsea's Steve Sidwell.

London sources say the midfielder has not settled well with the Blues, where his opportunities have been limited after a Bosman move from Reading in May.

:D Wouldn't really improve the side that much. Good profit for Chelsea though!! Very doubtful that it will happen though.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/Sunder...lsea.3577536.jp

Cats join race for Brown’s signature

SUNDERLAND will rival Newcastle United for Wes Brown’s signature in January – and could be helped by former player Danny Simpson in Rome tonight, writes STUART RAYNER.

Versatile Manchester United defender Brown has been a long-term Magpies target. But with the Black Cats in desperate need for defensive reinforcements and Premier League experience, Roy Keane may try to use his greater leverage in the New Year transfer market to lure his old team-mate to Wearside.

:DYeah, yeah, yeah ... and then we are going to sign Kaka!!

http://www.journallive.co.uk/newcastle-spo...61634-20236978/

And there latest signing is...........................John Barnes. I'm suprised that he hasn't been signed as a player. :o

Barnes takes Sunderland scout job

Barnes will offer trials to the best young talent in the Caribbean

Former Liverpool and England winger John Barnes is to become a part-time Caribbean scout for Sunderland.

Jamaican-born Barnes will hold coaching clinics across seven islands, with the best under-20 talent offered trials.

The 44-year-old told The Guardian: "I want to give opportunities to players in the Caribbean.

"Although Africa is saturated (with scouts), the Caribbean is the next place where they are going to get talent to grace the Premier league."

Barnes moved to England as a 13-year-old and joined Watford, where he stayed for six years before signing for Liverpool.

It was at Anfield where he made his name, making over 300 appearances in 10 years with the club.

And, after brief spells with Newcastle and Charlton, Barnes tried his hand at management at Celtic under the guidance of director of football Kenny Dalglish.

However, his spell was cut short after only 29 games and six months in charge and he has since forged a career for himself as a pundit.

So is there really a place called Pennywell?

Who's keys were they anyway?

Aye, there is a real place called Pennywell. It's a glamorous estate, just like Meadowell in North Shields. All the posh people live there, like.

There's nee keys in Pennywell. Why? We's keys are these keys any road?