Over 100,000 sacks of rice missing from Government stockpiles

Lite Beer

Glad they apparently did such a sterling job during their audit.

Is that 5000 tonnes approx?

5000/19,000,000

0.02%

I guess Yingluck carried it away in her handbag

It must be a big handbag to carry 10,848 tonnes and at 15,000 baht per ton that comes to 162,720,000 baht.

Now I am sure that you can afford to lose that much money and not worry about it and that it is not much in the overall losses, but why should you care as it wasn't your money anyway. Don't forget the storage and transportation costs as well.

Of course in your mind it was stolen, mislaid or simply a paperwork error as Nuttawuts teams who took a week or 10 days to inventory the whole stock said there was nothing wrong, rotten or missing. It is a well known fact that the PTP government ministers NEVER told lies.

If this is all that is lost it will be a miracle, but when one stack has been found dodgy in a warehouse and they can't check tat setbof buildings properly that is a very poor effort.

As I said, the bugs have eaten more than this. Anything up to 0.05% a year, 0.1% for breakage is not uncommon. Just turning it to dust. Gone.

At 15,000 baht per ton plus storage and transportation, just turned to dust and gone.

I am SO glad that you are not allowed, like me, to participate in spending the taxpayers money that just turns to dust and si gone.

If whoever dreamt this scheme up, which was Thaksin, had any idea what happens to rice in poor storage conditions they still wouldn't care.

Why, because it was, and is NOT THEIR MONEY so why would they care.

Have you ever stored an agricultural product for several years in a tropical climate to this volume.

Every time you pick up a sack of product, step on it, move it, twist it, unstack it, put it on a truck, lift it, causes breakage and yes, it goes into dust.

Do you think they take 100kg of rice in a Hessian sack anf get 100kg out of the end in your royal umbrella CP plastic pack. So keep the cheap insults and go and learn a little about yields in agricultural processing.

They should be so lucky as to have me involved actually.

5000/19,000,000

0.02%

in one place? I doubt they had 19.000.000.000 kg there.

We are at 1.000.000.000.000 Baht damage at the moment.

But they checked everywhere and found almost nothing missing, except this one warehouse where apparently a large percentage is missing.

Amazing this. All these up country warehouses apparently clean as a button, but this one, just this one manages to keep outfoxing them with the same trick even.

He must be a real mastermind this one.

"Clean as button"

You really are laying it on thick with a trowel now aren't you.

You know very well that's not the case for you have followed this as I have, however instead of accepting the truth you are still trying to defend the scheme.

You think that this trick of creating hollow stacks will have been replicated all over the country? There wouldnt be enough scaffolding .

For them to miss inspecting the other buildings in this facility is childishly stupid. Any kid with half a brain would have considered the possibility of other fraud on the same.facility.

I wonder how much it might have cost to make the inspectors turn a blind eye.

But they checked everywhere and found almost nothing missing, except this one warehouse where apparently a large percentage is missing.

Amazing this. All these up country warehouses apparently clean as a button, but this one, just this one manages to keep outfoxing them with the same trick even.

"Clean as button"

You know very well that's not the case for you have followed this as I have, however instead of accepting the truth you are still trying to defend the scheme.

You think that this trick of creating hollow stacks will have been replicated all over the country? There wouldnt be enough scaffolding .

For them to miss inspecting the other buildings in this facility is childishly stupid. Any kid with half a brain would have considered the possibility of other fraud on the same.facility.

Getting more desperate in your attempts at defense.

That would be the worst yet from you insinuating that the inspectors who were accompanied by the army were bribed to turn a blind eye.

Read in the BKK Post and you will see that they are now going to go back to 176 warehouses where rice was reported missing and do a more detailed check.

You will also get more "information" which you appear to have missed.

You post common sense on other subjects but on this you are way out of line.

"Clean as button"

Getting more desperate in your attempts at defense.

That would be the worst yet from you insinuating that the inspectors who were accompanied by the army were bribed to turn a blind eye.

Read in the BKK Post and you will see that they are now going to go back to 176 warehouses where rice was reported missing and do a more detailed check.

You will also get more "information" which you appear to have missed.

You post common sense on other subjects but on this you are way out of line.

They are going back again? Oh please.

They checked it all once anf announced to the market what they have. I told everyone then it was a virtual complete and utter waste of time, but these inspections have been used to make statements about the quality which will have an enormous effect on the value.

The reason I am annoyed about this, is that people on here cannot take the blinkers off their eyes and realise that all of this was utterly predictable without anyone doing anything illegal whatsoever.

But when they found something shady they couldn't even dig into the stacks which would take maybe a day or two to check that nothing was amiss at one companys facility's.

In which case, this basically shows that the inspections and sampling prove absolutely nothing at all, which was basically what I suggested up front.

They should have taken every stack of 19mn and dug 5 sacks into the top, middle anf bottom firstly to check if the middle was mouldy and to gauge the quality to see if there was padding inside.

If they haven't found this issue in a place where they knew it was an issue, the entire value of the stock isn't reliable. Could be 30% missing.

And yet they are using these inspections to postulate the quality degradation. They basically have no idea on the quality at all.

• Like 1

5000/19,000,000

0.02%

So your sure this 100.000 bags where not there there at the time of the coup ..., just tell us why it was Yinluck taking this and not the soldiers ?

And the rest............this is still the tip of the iceberg.

C'mon posters keep shouting about elections and democracy in Thailand.

What rest ????? What Iceberg ????

Who tells you the 100.000 bags where not there the time of he coup, maybe the soldiers did take them, but yes... as always you post before thinking

And the rest............this is still the tip of the iceberg.

C'mon posters keep shouting about elections and democracy in Thailand.

What rest ????? What Iceberg ????

Who tells you the 100.000 bags where not there the time of he coup, maybe the soldiers did take them, but yes... as always you post before thinking

In fact, the most logical explanation is that they have been removed since, because I definitely wouldn't want to be the person who headed up the initial investigation and missed the fact that another 100k sacks had been falsely built inside empty stacks.

And unfortunately for any losses that diverge from the stated volume. They fall squarely on this govt because they claim to have done a full physical inventory and quality assessment.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Time to introduce the firing squad for those that have done criminal acts against the Kingdom. There must be nothing worse than hearing "Your Fired!" just before they seize all your assets as reparation (compensation) and cart you off to jail for a number of years with no parole and no contact with the outside world.

Edited by BSJ