Can anyone recommend a Reiki Healer in Bangkok?

mitsubishi

If someone recommended a Reiki healer to me I'd feel compelled to do the opposite of that and any other recommendations they gave as well.

Already done that.

Now, again does anyone know of reputable Reiki Healers in Bangkok?

I'll post this in the BKK sub-forum too I think. :)

I have not come across this in Bangkok.

Mostly found in tourist spots like Phuket, Koh Samui, CM and almost always these are Westerners who may or may not have any actual training in Reiki.

For sure there are bunch to be found in Koh Samui. Qualified or not, I can't say.

No idea how good they are, but they are around for many years and seem to do something right

http://lotus-star.com/tag/reiki-bangkok/

Something right? Like making unsubstantiated claims and conning customers????
what can I say... I have never tried it, I do know people who claim it worked for them and the OP is looking for it. Referral given, that's what a community forum is there for.
  • Like 1

No idea how good they are, but they are around for many years and seem to do something right

http://lotus-star.com/tag/reiki-bangkok/

Something right? Like making unsubstantiated claims and conning customers????
what can I say... I have never tried it, I do know people who claim it worked for them and the OP is looking for it. Referral given, that's what a community forum is there for.

What can you say? Well if you are going to voice an opinion it would be expected that you research the topic a little and will find that Reiki therapists are largely charlatans and there is absolutely NO scientific proof that they have any effect whatsoever.

what is the point of helping someone access a fraudulent practitioner?

you might just as well recommend yourself.

A neighbour forwent the vet for her dog's tick fever for a local Reiki practitioner here on Phuket. It died.

Certainly Reiki will not cure tick fever or any other infectious disease. Nor would it cure cancer, heart disease, kidney disease or the like. I have not heard any claims that it would, but my exposure to Reiki practitioners has been quite limited and perhaps only to "real" ones.

Anytime you hear claims of curing "everything" or curing a wide range of unrelated pathologies, you are dealing with a quack, be it Reiki or anything else.

What I have heard Reiki advocated for is general relaxation, relief of stress and helping with physical symptoms that are due to or exacerbated by stress (tension HAs, anxiety attacks, insomnia etc.) If it is for these sorts of purposes I see not harm in someone trying it.

Some practitioners combine Reiki with physical massage.

A neighbour forwent the vet for her dog's tick fever for a local Reiki practitioner here on Phuket. It died.

Certainly Reiki will not cure tick fever or any other infectious disease. Nor would it cure cancer, heart disease, kidney disease or the like. I have not heard any claims that it would, but my exposure to Reiki practitioners has been quite limited and perhaps only to "real" ones.

Anytime you hear claims of curing "everything" or curing a wide range of unrelated pathologies, you are dealing with a quack, be it Reiki or anything else.

What I have heard Reiki advocated for is general relaxation, relief of stress and helping with physical symptoms that are due to or exacerbated by stress (tension HAs, anxiety attacks, insomnia etc.) If it is for these sorts of purposes I see not harm in someone trying it.

Some practitioners combine Reiki with physical massage.

the main harm is to one's wallet.

There is also the dreadful possibility that someone may undertake Reiki instead of a proven treatment.

Reiki is based on the concept of "qi" which is claimed to be an energy - as we are able to measure/calculate energy in minutest quantities (e.g from planets millions of light years away) it should be detectable - it of course isn't...it simply isn't there, so the whole premise falls flat on its face.

This then leads to the next problem - Reiki therapists will attempt diagnoses based on this false premise which in turn is a potentially dangerous situation, that can lead to patients leaving REAL illnesses undiagnosed and untreated.

there is a general attitude of "what's the harm?" when it comes to "alternative" medicines, well the harm can turn out to be very real if they are taken seriously.

Some people out there claim also that chiropractors are quacks. I've been to three different ones over the years and they all did what was advertised.

We don't know what the OP needs to be treated, so we cannot assess whether or not a Reiki healer is the right person to see.

We assume that our members are adults and capable of making their own informed decisions. We also do not warrant for any claims if the advice given on this message board is incorrect.

Some people out there claim also that chiropractors are quacks. I've been to three different ones over the years and they all did what was advertised.

We don't know what the OP needs to be treated, so we cannot assess whether or not a Reiki healer is the right person to see.

We assume that our members are adults and capable of making their own informed decisions. We also do not warrant for any claims if the advice given on this message board is incorrect.

As Reiki can't treat anything, it is quite irrelevent what ails the OP.

Beware of anything non scientific medicine advertises as their claims will usually fall short.

In fact they seldom advertise in the West as their claims are so often misleading or falkse they are asked to remove the stuff and non sense they promulgate.

Edited by wilcopops