Hooked!

Loz

Hi All,

For those that like fishing and live within striking distance (sic) of Korat, there is a great pond almost behind the mall called Bakoo. It is over 22years old and the fish (Pah Nine and Saway) are great. Saway are from 4 kilos to 50 kilos! here's and 8er to give you an idea. My biggest has been 13 kilos but a fish half that size will still take some skill to land.

176939907.jpg

I've upgraded my light rod and reel for the Abu Ambassador Big Game sea reel and a heavy action rod. I think a medium action would be better in hind sight. but I am loving it all the same. I'm off back there now...

Happy hunting and I hope this helps!

Loz

Nice fish! Edible?

How did you catch it? "Still" fishing with bait sitting on bottom, or an artificial? (I imagine it must have been with bait)

Branching off topic somewhat, anybody ever flyfish in Thailand?

Thanks for the pics and the info, Loz. I live about 2 hours from there, but it at least gives me hope that my fishing rods will catch something other than weeds or spider webs here.

Loz

Nice to see you have other skills, your willing to share.

But a sedentary occupation?

Are you fighting the flab too?

Email me for further jogging details

Have you found a two legged catch yet. Or are you finding those difficult to "reel" in.

If you tell me your handicap, you could complete the only other sporting life here by a round of golf with the very amateurs.

Hi All,

For those that like fishing and live within striking distance (sic) of Korat, there is a great pond almost behind the mall called Bakoo. It is over 22years old and the fish (Pah Nine and Saway) are great. Saway are from 4 kilos to 50 kilos! here's and 8er to give you an idea. My biggest has been 13 kilos but a fish half that size will still take some skill to land.

176939907.jpg

I've upgraded my light rod and reel for the Abu Ambassador Big Game sea reel and a heavy action rod. I think a medium action would be better in hind sight. but I am loving it all the same. I'm off back there now...

Happy hunting and I hope this helps!

Loz

Thank you for the info!I will take up my hobby again next time i go to korat

Glad to see there a few sportsmen on the forum!

In all my visits to tackle shops I've never seen any fly gear.

As for bait, I take them with a mix of mashed chicken ( that stinks!) and bread crumbs. with a crust on the hook to hold the bait on and a swim feeder rig. When the line goes off the reel the sound is amazing! These Fish will run the length of the pond!

Yes, Ronin is the Source of my Avatar. Great car chase but, the fact that they put a V6 Pug 406 up against an M5, even though its lowl E34 variant reminds me that it is a great work of fiction!

Besides, what colour is the boat house at Hereford?

As for Golf and Birds, Giles. Well, I have left my clubs in blighty but, if you can hire them out here I have a game with you. I used to play off 19 but its been a while since I put a signed card in. Guess that puts me back to 24. Been a while since I went round in 3 figures. think it was my first time at the Brabazon back in October 2005.

177206302.jpg

Right, off back to the water again now!

Edited by Loz

Bloody awsome!

How do I hook up on some of these fish?

I dont understand your rig. Do you mean a dropper rig with the sinker ( wieght ) at the bottom and the bait on a trace futher up the line?

Or a sliding sinker against a swivel and then the trace or leader.

Do you know if these fish are bottom feeders and or what they eat naturally?

Thanks for the pics.

You have given me a reason to retire in Thailand.

Theres not a bad spot inside the Mall as well with huge fish :o

When I first read this post I thought you was talking about the koi carp about 2 ft long, then yesterday i saw the monsters you were talking about lol, what the heck are those things. They look like giant black koi carp there huge. I asked my girlfriend and she replyed 'Fish'

Bloody awsome!

How do I hook up on some of these fish?

I dont understand your rig. Do you mean a dropper rig with the sinker ( wieght ) at the bottom and the bait on a trace futher up the line?

Or a sliding sinker against a swivel and then the trace or leader.

Do you know if these fish are bottom feeders and or what they eat naturally?

Thanks for the pics.

You have given me a reason to retire in Thailand.

Glad to be of service, V.

Hope the attached pic explains the rig better. The fish are bottom feeders. the swim feeder is not one I'd seen in the UK and is a slider stopped by a swivel. don't know what they eat naturally but they love the bread and the chicken and bread mix. 178821065.jpg

178821057.jpg

• 2 weeks later...