BBC from UK

happyme

Try a program called "Google" It's great for locating web sites.

try this one.

the reception via wi-fi is excellent, and I've watched it for the past year or so. If you want it to go to your TV, then you can get a set-top box.

My wi-fi is the cheapest one which 3BB supplies. No problems at all with 10mB speed.

Catch up with Dr WHO and BBC documentaries, plus news on the BBC world service..

Also a French program and a new one gives a number of extra channels but I don't feel they interest me.

hope this helps.

• Like 1

The thread title says BBC, if that is all that you want then BBC Iplayer via a proxy is the cheapest option.

I have Expat which is very good, with the box it is about 10K for the first year and about 6K a year after, there are now about 33 channels.

I also have a proxy for the Iplayer, about £5 a month, you do not get BBC regional programmes on Expat. I also keep a few downloaded programmes on my laptop in case of internet downtime, came in very handy a couple of days ago. You can watch Iplayer direct if you have a reasonable speed, I couldn't with the TOT 7Mb service but ok after I changed to the 3BB 10Mb. You can also download programmes to view later, handy for travelling.

• Like 2

I am pretty sure I watched something on bbc iplayer just by using the Hola Chrome extension. Just download extension, visit website, then click on the icon and select UK. Might have to try refreshing if it is slow.

iplayer can be access with a VPN or an IPSpoofing service simply.. Hola works as a browser plug in if PC based viewing or PC to TV connectiosn can be done..

Otherwise theres a multitude of boxes, services, or ways of skinning this cat.. There is far more streamed IPTV out there now than sat and terrestrial..

• Like 1

Thank you for your input and I think this is the way to go as I have had so many crap company's I am sick to death of the BS

If you only want UK TV, then BBC i-player and ITV player. both work fine and free..... all BBC and ITV channels.

Yes you need to show your in the UK to watch, myself use 'Zenmate' app on Chrome, there are others, also other apps on Chrome for other TV channels.

Have it on my PC and 32" monitor, also have it on a old laptop [screen dead some years ago] only for main big TV, also you can download [Yes I also have this] XBMC media centre http://xbmc.en.softonic.com/

and then add as many add-ons TV stations/channels as you want.. takes a bit of time but all is totally free... or as others have said buy a box fully loaded already

I am pretty sure I watched something on bbc iplayer just by using the Hola Chrome extension. Just download extension, visit website, then click on the icon and select UK. Might have to try refreshing if it is slow.

The iplayers have a geographical lock, only a question of getting around it, various options. I used to use a free VPN but it went dead when the military took over, tried a paid one which worked and just stayed with it.

Dont waste your money on thaiexpat tv. It just uses VPN/proxy same as ...Use Google chrome browser and enable either"hola" or "zenmate" extension and then select UK option for location. Easy

I tried this, using Chrome and Zenmate, and it works perfectly. I have a basic 10mb 3BB internet and no problem.

• Like 1

Dont waste your money on thaiexpat tv. It just uses VPN/proxy same as ...Use Google chrome browser and enable either"hola" or "zenmate" extension and then select UK option for location. Easy

Bit of an unjustified opinion. If someone chooses tp pay for convenience, it can hardly be classed as a waste of money. Are taxis a waste of money when you can drag your luggage around on public transport, same scenario.

I have done the UK TV channels via proxy for over 5 years and got fed up with it. I still do a little bit for a couple of reasons but Expat is far more comfortable.

It is also far more Thai wife friendly than any VPN/proxy arrangement.

Edited by sandyf
  • Like 1

Does your system show 7 day channel listening. View anytime option. Record function .. if no then I'm extremely happy paying 600baht a month for the convenience!

• Like 1

Does your system show 7 day channel listening. View anytime option. Record function .. if no then I'm extremely happy paying 600baht a month for the convenience!
Yes,BBC Iplayer for 30 days watch anytime,sometimes longer.BBC Download software for storage as a file. (3rd party software for lifetime storage) and of course all the other UK channels that can be accessed online. All for 0baht.Paying for my ISP and not giving 600 to some third party for doing the same. My choice same as your choice.

Yes,BBC Iplayer for 30 days watch anytime,sometimes longer.BBC Download software for storage as a file. (3rd party software for lifetime storage) and of course all the other UK channels that can be accessed online. All for 0baht.Paying for my ISP and not giving 600 to some third party for doing the same. My choice same as your choice.

The BBC Iplayer does not show all the UK channels. What you really mean is you have to trawl around the various websites rather than one central location.

• Like 1

I don't know about iOS, but for Android the UK IPTV app is better than the FilmOn app - same company same app design but the Freeview feeds seem to be quite a bit more stable, certainly over the last few weeks.

• Like 1

My vote for Thaiexpat tv. I have set top top box and the service Rob provides is excellent. Any problems and he's straight on it. Cheap as chips as well, considering what you get.

My vote for Thaiexpat tv. I have set top top box and the service Rob provides is excellent. Any problems and he's straight on it. Cheap as chips as well, considering what you get.

who is Bob and how to contact him

who is Bob and how to contact him

Rob is the guy that runs Thai expat TV. You can contact him via their website. He usually replies directly even to general enquiries from non members.

I have CTH for the EPL, but as I can't stand the rest of the crap on there I have ThaiExpat TV to maintain my sanity.

There are more than enough channels for me, 7 days catch up and a very good recording function.

At 20 baht a day I consider it a good buy, geez I just spent the same as that on a two minute woofed down Snickers bar. biggrin.png

I still use my paid proxy to a certain extent so I tried Zenmate, fraught with problems.

The BBC iplayer worked ok on direct view but when I tried to download it wanted to reinstall 'bbcdownloads'. This would have wiped out my existing downloads so I baled out. I cannot see the downloads working in Chrome, I installed 'downloads for windows' and there were no browser options, default to the website is Internet Explorer. Not a problem with a proxy.

ITV Iplayer has no download facility. On starting up it wanted a UK postcode, used my last one which worked ok. It then stalled as you cannot use the service if you have ad blocking software installed. Not a problem with Expat.

5 Demand just told me on everything that program unavailable.

It would appear I have a different concept on the term 'Easy' so will stick with current arrangement.

Another thing if you have the box, you can also have the windows version. Handy when travelling, I just plug my laptop into the hotel TV , much better than the normal hotel rubbish.