Farmers' marketing boss to be summoned for explanation on huge stock of missing rice

Lite Beer

A strange footnote to this whole rice situation, is that large bags; 8 and 15 kg bags of Thai AAA Scented Jasmin Rice currently sold in Canada in grocery stores are sold at below the price that a farmer in Isaan gets for the same quantities of cleanded rice. Is this some explanation for "missing rice". Maybe I am mistaken, but this was calculated after recently visiting a farang rice farming friend near Korat. Currently an 8 kg bag of this rice is just under 10 USD in Canada at my local grocery store. Maybe someone else who knows rice prices can confirm.

Let's take this as USD

8kg to 10$=1.25/kg

33baht per USD x1.25 = 41.25 per kilo x 1000

41,000 per tonne inclusive of taxes

Sounds about right if it is 25,000 fob bangkok

Summoning people? Forget it - when has anyone taken responsibility like they do in Korea and Japan? Bowing and saying how deeply they regret their mistakes?

Instead, we need a whistle blower program and immunity for giving evidence. Then some scoundrels should lose all their assets over such crimes. Not get a year in jail (I mean, hospital bed) and can keep the Mercedes and the 5 houses and the 13 plots of land.

From the fork lift driver to the guy at the weigh scale - many witnesses must be there who couldn't help knowing about ongoing massive fraud. Let's go get the perpetrators, not just talk the talk and wasting time.

• Like 1

my so called brother in law (not married to my wife's sister) was making lots of money to sell connections from businesses to yingluck...

i hoped he stop braggin about still making big bucks with obvious corrupted deals for christmas, the dictator taking over power and everything

to my surprise, business is as usual under the new imposed governement

who would have tought that, right ?

still the same bragging SOB with his 30 million baht house bought CASH and one for his dear mummy next door in a hi-so gated community

i guess there will be much more sacks filled with money, and even more empty bags of rice all over the country

• Like 1

I imagine a few TVF members will be requesting a full size frameable picture of Ms Yingluck from The Nation after seeing this superb sample of their "Lady -in - waiting."

Thailand is the 'Land of Smiles' and there at least thirteen named smiles. The lovely former PM, Yingluck is wearing her, 'I'd rather be anywhere but here', smile.

http://www.dougsrepublic.com/thailand/landofsmiles.php

Yes bakseeda saying people have a low IQ is exactly like the yellow dems calling the north buffalo brains and that's why the yellow dems will never win an election.

Thai people aren't as stupid or slow as the yellows try and make out!

Yes S/P ... sometimes the truth hurts... And I would NEVER insult buffalos in such a cheap manner..!

I clicked on this thread thinking "Let's see what this <deleted> thief looks like", and <deleted> me! I got a <deleted> mugshot of this <deleted> <deleted>. I guess I <deleted> got what I <deleted> asked for...

(Note: I preempted the deletes tongue.png )

(Note 2: I don't really care one way or another, just not really enthralled by her 'personality'. The Shins have done so much to preserve "The Thai Way of Life" (=relative poverty), but if it wasn't them it would be someone else. Maybe to a lesser degree, but none-the-less. Absolute power corrupts absolutely and all that.)

Language, Timothy!

The farmers have extremely good taste in this marketing boss ,maybe while everyone was going gaga at the marketing boss the leprechauns were removing the rice for the rats.cheesy.gif

Nice fairytale, but back to the facts simple calculation about 10,000 ton = minimum 400 big trucks you can not hide this actions anyway you split it or not.

Maybe they got some help from David Copperfield to let the rice disappear, but I think not Houdini at all could solve this case. whistling.gif

Err,err, It must have been rats,mice and birds that stole it,

Ok, will that do,explanation excepted !, no problem.

regards Worgeordie

Next fairytale, If you would be right with your animal theory, then there would be such a huge animal pilgrimage for month, that this could'nt not be a hidden action at all. sorry.gif1zgarz5.gif

Why isn't there a picture of the mof chief?

Then again why not throw up yings picture they do ever time and at every opportunity.

The witch hunt continues with the usual bias reporting .

Considering it was your beloved witch that urged the inspections it must be a case of 'Som nam na'

BANGKOK, 24 April 2014 (NNT) Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has asserted that rice in the government's stockpile has not gone missing as suspected by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC), urging the latter to conduct an inspection of the government's rice stock to determine whether rice was really missing.

Your usual bias posting parrot.

This stuff has been audited since the coup.

So, as someone pointed out, the blame can most certainly not be put 100% at the previous govt, until someone proves when the con was set up.

Maybe it was nicked last week.

I go with it was never there, in which case, when checked against one warehouse area it shouldn't have been to hard find a discrepancy in the 100s of thousands of sack. Someone didn't do a very good job of auditing this at all

But then, a decimal here and a pahn lan there.

You are still trying to defend this rotten scheme. Now you try to divert the blame.

Did you not read the BKK post article I pointed you to ?

If you did you would understand better what has actually happened and the suspicion that a lot of the rice never existed in the first place as no trucks have been reported taking large quantities of rice away.

Did you not see that there have already been arrests made and people charged over rice missing from the same warehouse ?

Maybe this about 100,000 sack of rice was never real existing, this makes sence for me, caused to carry this amount of rice for and back would create a lot of costs and curiousity, makes no sence for me.

This is maybe a case of creative bookkeeping.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why isn't there a picture of the mof chief?

Then again why not throw up yings picture they do ever time and at every opportunity.

The witch hunt continues with the usual bias reporting .

You need to change your name, something like "The Blinkered Emu" would be more appropriate.

Well emus' are known to be pretty stupid birds.

A lot of ppl who can not understand the behaviour of an Emu called them stupid, but they can pretty good survive in their nature environment.

For example: When a sandstorm appears, then they put the head in the sand, looks stupid, but is very smart, caused they survive.

This is like sometimes many ppl calling a single person stupid, caused theiy can not understand him, but the question is who is stupid.

For example: When Albert Einstein came up with some of his theories a lot of sienctists blamed him, caused they was to stupid to understand it.

This is a typical human behaviour, if you can not understand another person, then blame him. whistling.gif 55555