From B To Where?

I am a new poster and would like some advice regarding my situation.

Last year I applied for a non Immigrant B type visa in Hull using a letter with the heading from the small clothes shop my girlfriend and I had started in ChiangMai. In the letter I stated I required the visa to source things for the shop, which is true as we do import from Bali.

My girlfriend and I are now halfway through the marriage paperwork having made a ceremony and that will be complete and registered in the next month.

at our home we also run a small yoga studio where I teach students, usually around six at a time, maximum 14.

My B visa will expire in May and I have plans top go to Singapore in April and to re-apply there. Is this visa easy to renew if you have one already in your passport?

Should I be looking for a marriage visa and having our bankbook with the shop money and yoga income in it as evidence of income?

I haven't applied for a work permit as for the yoga the capital invested has been absolutely minimal, and am not sure whether the shop counts as a business that I can be involved in and again the capital held in stock is only a few thousand pounds.

If I had a marriage visa it would have to really be on income from working as we don't have the money available to just sit in the bank.

Can you offer some advice. At the moment while our shop is registered and we pay sign tax we don't pay income tax. It's more Mom and Pop than Marks and Spencers.

My B visa will expire in May and I have plans top go to Singapore in April and to re-apply there. Is this visa easy to renew if you have one already in your passport?
could be the opposite on getting another B, as you don't have a work permit.
If I had a marriage visa it would have to really be on income from working as we don't have the money available to just sit in the bank.

no income involved to get a non immigrant O visa based on your marriage to a thai, then you can get a work permit.

a one year extension within thailand will require you to show support for your wife in a thai bank account.

Thanks for the info.

Are you saying that for a first time O marriage visa I just need to take in the wedding certificate and nothing else and that the means testing is one year later for extending that visa year by year?

On this visa are you still doing visa runs every three months also?

I want to have a visa that can simply run and run. So I also want to be in on the grandfathering lower income requirements.

Should I apply for the O marriage first as a replacement for the present B and then try to get a work permit?

Also Thai banking is in wife's name not mine do I need to be joint account holder?

Thanks for the help

Are you saying that for a first time O marriage visa I just need to take in the wedding certificate and nothing else
you will need a marriage certificate and your wife's id card and/or a copies of everything, small photos for the application and the fee. you will have a non immigrant O visa and will need to make a run in 90 days.
and that the means testing is one year later for extending that visa year by year?

On this visa are you still doing visa runs every three months also?

it's not really a test, for a one year extension you will need to show support for your thai wife by having at least 200k in a thai bank account . your wife needs to come in for the appointment in thai immigration with you. once approved you will only need to report your address 90 days to immigration if you stay over 90.

I want to have a visa that can simply run and run. So I also want to be in on the grandfathering lower income requirements.
once granted an extension in thailand, it's expiration date will be what you will use, not the visa. to be a grandfather you will need to get approved on the first stage of your extension before july, however nothing is guaranteed as the amount in a thai bank/proof of income or support is up to the immigration officer.
Should I apply for the O marriage first as a replacement for the present B and then try to get a work permit?

i think so

Also Thai banking is in wife's name not mine do I need to be joint account holder?
yes you need to be on the account or have your own...some immigration officers require that this support funds in the bank come from an overseas deposit. some officers it's not even an issue.
I haven't applied for a work permit as for the yoga the capital invested has been absolutely minimal, and am not sure whether the shop counts as a business that I can be involved in and again the capital held in stock is only a few thousand pounds.

you were working without a work permit, which is bad. you need to be careful how you present this to thai immigration, you can't say you were working at all, and if they believe you were this whole time...it won't go over well.