how are you going to celebrate the new year eve

ultimate weapon

Last year went to Bali Hai in Pattaya- never again- escaped before midnight- just too many people.

So down to the beach in Jomtien ; may be a bit low key- but they will sell you a beer and some food also lots of those super dangerous mortars.

All the fireworks going off around the bay will be fun ( I hope)

• Like 1

I have friends flying in from HK, Sydney, Auckland and the UK for a reunion.

We are friends who went to school in Hong Kong and then some of us drifted off around the world.

Some of them are now married so will be bringing their spouses.

I think there will be about 12 of us.

We'll be enjoying the pool side Buffet at the Anantara in Bangkok during the afternoon, then upto the 35th floor bar to see in the New Year, after which most of us plan to hit somewhere like Levels on Sukhumvit Soi 11.

• Like 2

most foreigners in bkk will be banging a prostitute

Do you really believe that is all people do in Bangkok?

Of course, 98% of Thais are prostitutes and 100 % of visitors to the Kingdom are punters. seancbk just what planet do you live on?

Maybe reflects your attitude to this country?

Do you really believe that is all people do in Bangkok?

Of course, 98% of Thais are prostitutes and 100 % of visitors to the Kingdom are punters. seancbk just what planet do you live on?

Maybe reflects your attitude to this country?

as low as 98% eh?

I posed the OP's question to my wife and she thought for a moment and said, "Well, it's a good time to break into houses in our village because many people will be away at parties. They have gold in there."

So...there you have it! Looks like my new years eve is all planned out for me.

All kidding aside gents. Heads up everbody. Seriously, watch your stuff. This is when the Thais love to do B&E's. Country wide so eyes wide open.

• Like 2

Down to the bars near the beach to have fun and watch the massive fireworks displays at midnight.

so which part of thailand are you in?

Sitting on the beach with some good friends enjoying some drinks and food and enjoy the show.

(Ps: This is a lot better then last year when we where up-country and fast asleep around 9ish, only be woken up by the sound of SMS's coming in at around Midnight biggrin.png )

you aren't in bkk i suupose.

Pattaya where all along the bay fireworks will be going off for hours until the final Hurrah at midnight when the major hotels and others unleash their superb displays.

A fantastic night out. Great too to record with a camera.

• Like 1

I posed the OP's question to my wife and she thought for a moment and said, "Well, it's a good time to break into houses in our village because many people will be away at parties. They have gold in there."

So...there you have it! Looks like my new years eve is all planned out for me.

All kidding aside gents. Heads up everbody. Seriously, watch your stuff. This is when the Thais love to do B&E's. Country wide so eyes wide open.

Construction worker on the site next door asked me what I'll be doing...I then asked him. He said he would stay on the construction site because there was a good chance thieves would be around.

• Like 1

stay at home so you avoid all the drunken idiots on the road, when over half the thai drivers think drinking and driving is ok being on the road during national holidays is best avoided

Right, second that.

Anyway I live in the "pampas" of Udon Thani and most people, good possibility family included sleep already at midnight. tongue.png

maybe just you and your 'llk'

not everyone in bkk is an aging sexpat.

Ilk? Yes, we will all be banging prostitutes on New Year's eve! LOL!

He meant a "Gig - Gik - Geeg" LINK here, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/141908-the-tap-sap-gig-was-in-the-headlines-recently/?p=1537128#3585;&fromsearch=1

As Mod. -Soundman- stated there,

""A กิ๊ก is best described (from a recent article in one of the Thai teenage weekly magazines, "Star" I believe) as:

"Not a one night stand, not boyfriend and girlfriend, but a relationship in between with no strings attached."" rolleyes.gif
Edited by ALFREDO

I have friends flying in from HK, Sydney, Auckland and the UK for a reunion.

We are friends who went to school in Hong Kong and then some of us drifted off around the world.

Some of them are now married so will be bringing their spouses.

I think there will be about 12 of us.

We'll be enjoying the pool side Buffet at the Anantara in Bangkok during the afternoon, then upto the 35th floor bar to see in the New Year, after which most of us plan to hit somewhere like Levels on Sukhumvit Soi 11.

Rich bastards. thumbsup.giftongue.png

We have reserved a room and a table at Baiyok hotel but now we are thinking about trying to find a cheaper option. I saw an advert for a party at central world... Might go there instead. Any suggestions for a good area to be in bkk when rhr clock strikes 12? cheers

I was once a night in Baiyoke Hotel with GF and my children, for the night from 31.12. - 1.1.

One of the 50th + floors, had a good view at a bigger fire work on a plaza next to the Baiyoke,

also it was not a long fire work, you have to check the side. Think - direction to bts siam station.

Was with a booking site short before arranged, only half day before check in, not so expensive, same now, I checked, is 2.000 - 3.000 Baht, depending on the floor. Agoda.

Worth it? Was ok.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293916-d305228-r122512287-Baiyoke_Sky_Hotel-Bangkok.html#REVIEWS

Central World? I was not on any party there, but I was there and the fire work was realy very short and the masses had been so much, it was frightening! Not again for me. bah.gif

Edited by ALFREDO

maybe just you and your 'llk'

not everyone in bkk is an aging sexpat.

Ilk? Yes, we will all be banging prostitutes on New Year's eve! LOL!

He meant a "Gig - Gik - Geeg" LINK here, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/141908-the-tap-sap-gig-was-in-the-headlines-recently/?p=1537128#3585;&fromsearch=1

As Mod. -Soundman- stated there,

""A กิ๊ก is best described (from a recent article in one of the Thai teenage weekly magazines, "Star" I believe) as:

"Not a one night stand, not boyfriend and girlfriend, but a relationship in between with no strings attached."" rolleyes.gif

ilk = a type of people or things similar to those already referred to.