Border crossing holiday hours

I'm about to head to the Kanchanaburi border crossing in a couple days to activate the second portion of my tourist visa.

Does anyone know if the crossing will be shut down over the holidays and if its usually open on the weekends?

I'm assuming it would be, just double checking.

Thanks.

Would be great if you wrote just a small report about the crossings openhours , if there's some new, after all ,the crossing has been closed for a whilesmile.png

The crossing was never closed. For a period of time it was not possible to cross there unless you had a Myanmar visa.

They have now started doing border passes again.

as Ubonjoe said that border crossing never closed, now they allow foreigners doing the visa run again.

I am not sure about the operating time,but between 7am and 4pm you should be safe to complete the process.

Other borders like Thai-Laos, Thai-Cambodia open between 6am and 10pm.

Immigration is closed in Bangkok Jan. 1 and 2 and I need to extend my visa using the 30 day extension.

However I have a course that starts on Monday and continues every working day for a month. Can I travel to the Cambodian border, not cross the border, go directly to the Thai immigration side to get the extension? (I could do it if BKK where open). Or can I pay a service to do this on Monday or Tuesday the 5th or 6th (day my 60 day tourist visa expires).

Thanks. Scott

Edited by rcoyote

Immigration is closed in Bangkok Jan. 1 and 2 and I need to extend my visa using the 30 day extension.

However I have a course that starts on Monday and continues every working day for a month. Can I travel to the Cambodian border, not cross the border, go directly to the Thai immigration side to get the extension? (I could do it if BKK where open). Or can I pay a service to do this on Monday or Tuesday the 5th or 6th (day my 60 day tourist visa expires).

Thanks. Scott

A visa cannot be extended. If you have a 60 day tourist visa entry you can extend it for 30 days at a immigration office.

You cannot do the extension at a border crossing.

If your permit to stay ends when immigration is closed you can do the extension on the 1st day they are open and not pay an overstay fine, After that it is a fine of 500 baht per day for everyday.

You could of already done the extension and not lost any days because it starts from the date your permit to stay ends.

• Like 1

that is great information at least it will save me a trip... but unfortunately I didn't know I could extend earlier. Do you know if there is any way to get the 30 day extension using a service? My class starts on monday. so far the only option I see is to take time off from the class which is really going to be tough since it would be the first or second day of class. If I do need to take off time is the Govt. complex the only place I can get the 30 day extension? I will be near the Sala Dang/ Silom BTS/MRT stations. Thank so much. Scott

Chaeng Wattana immigration is the only place you can do it. Map and info on how to get there is here. http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html

You might be able to find a visa service/agent to do it for a large fee. You would need to be sure you got an official receipt for immigration's 1900 baht fee or you might have a fake stamp done in your passport.

thanks for the information. I've requested some information from a visa service I used before. Do you know of a good and trusted one? I have been out to that location before.. It's quite far away. Depending on the cost of a service it may be worth it... Thanks again. Scott

Edited by rcoyote