Best Low Foaming Powder Detergent for Washing Machine?

I have this new front loading washing machine and the instructions indicate that if high foaming detergent is used, it will extend the cycle to get rid of the foam.

What is the best type type of low foaming powdered detergent that does a great cleaning job in a front loading washing machine?

We use top loaders and found PAO to be much better than any other brand over the years in not leaving scum - but suspect that may be due to fact the top loaders are Japanese type and this is a Japanese detergent. If using that brand there is a specific type for front loaders.

Why use powder? Using liquid avoids problems with powder not dissolving fully and leaving a residue.

I like the "USA" one also, not least because it is the only one I can recognise in the shop.

Powder is needed because of the soap dispenser design, the back is open. So liquid would just run out.

The machine also has 2 washes in one cycle. I could use liquid in the drum for the first wash, but the second wash is the main wash. There are 2 compartments for detergent, one for each wash.

Why use powder? Using liquid avoids problems with powder not dissolving fully and leaving a residue.

I like the "USA" one also, not least because it is the only one I can recognise in the shop.

Powder is needed because of the soap dispenser design, the back is open. So liquid would just run out.

The machine also has 2 washes in one cycle. I could use liquid in the drum for the first wash, but the second wash is the main wash. There are 2 compartments for detergent, one for each wash.

I see. That's an unusual design.

The dispenser in my machine certainly takes liquid but in practice I find it easier just to tip it straight into the drum as you do. It only has one wash cycle though.

I use Amway powder in my TOP LOADER. They say to use a TINY amount. NO foaming, but you can see the very dirty water immediately. Took off most of an indelible marker writing on a sheet that normal detergents didn't touch. Also my young daughter does not get itchy spots on her back and arms like she did with the regular detergents. OK for front loaders, I just checked the box. SA-8 Concentrated Laundry Detergent. Very, very slight, but GOOD smell. Haven't bothered to do the math on cost per load, but it has my vote. I'm not a dealer or employee, by the way.

USA? LOL :)

I think you mean "Breeze" - time for some Thai lessons :P

Wifey swears by Breeze, it's the one where the Thai looks like 'usa', make sure you get the low foam (gold pack, has a picture of a front loading machine on the pack).

Thanks for the recommendation. I got the 2.7kg pack at Big C for 244b, (about US$8 for small quantity) that is kind of expensive.

I agree I use the liquid too. One for whites and another one specially for colored clothes. After the first bottle you can buy the refills in plastic bags. I put directly into the washer.