The Online Mob

stargazer9999

I'm really glad I just read this thread. ........................yawn.......oops, just nodded off.

Seriously, you guys-really you should do all this by PM, not airing it all in public, surely?

What a great idea!

But, Beetlejuice doesn't accept PMs from anyone!

As for AOA, I've invited him to send me PMs with his specific concerns about an organization I'm involved with in another thread and he never did.

But, that is the point of the OP's article -- it's not a mob action when it's done one-on-one in PMs or in face-to-face conversations like normal people have.

I apologize if this thread has gotten boring for most -- it was from the beginning I think and has continued. But, I was able to bring forth a real, life example in fairly short order.

Yes, I'm a little guilty of over-sharing. As are others, like Dave with his photos, NorthernJohn with his charming posts complete with innovative spelling, LawrenceChee with his restaurant reviews, etc. They and others add to the sense of "community" here. None of us deserved to be attacked.

But, there are others who always grumpy, look for the negative and seem to delight in picking on certain posters. It's one thing to single out something harmless, but IMO AOA really stepped over the line by mentioning details of my life that I've never revealed on TV, details related to the security system in my building. Especially since he's persisted in tossing in barbs at organizations I'm involved with into threads when those organizations aren't even the subject of the thread. This guy is really worrying.

Edited by NancyL
  • Like 2

That's right uptheos. Then he's even more of a loser if he's looked me in the face and posts these awful things, isn't it? That he can't be man enough to say "Nancy, I have some concerns about what's happening with Expats Club. Could we have a coffee sometime to discuss them" because that seems to be the burr under his saddle.

I agree I think this has to do with Expat Club

That's right uptheos. Then he's even more of a loser if he's looked me in the face and posts these awful things, isn't it? That he can't be man enough to say "Nancy, I have some concerns about what's happening with Expats Club. Could we have a coffee sometime to discuss them" because that seems to be the burr under his saddle.

That's not my business, I'm just putting a possible alternative to your paranoia about him.

I doubt very much that you are being stalked,

If you feel stalked once I say again the Expat club could be the problem.

Call the Police or FBI or Scotland Yard as we all know they are all investigating finical investments of the past.

Some big investors are claiming a lot who knows if it is true

Edited by harryfrompattaya

Yep, that why I came to Thailand for sure....not for the food, weather, ladies, culture but to stalk geriatric would be big fish in the small pond of Chiang Mai. It just seemed the best use of my time in Chiang Mai, there being so little else to do. I saw my future clearly, endless opportunities to prey upon a self styled El Presidente of an Expat Club.

And as for bullying obviously there are no mirrors in the houses of some expat club aficionados based upon the antics of the club in the past and dare I say now (and yes I have been). Does the terms Pot Kettle Black mean anything?

Talk about a delusory inflated sense of self worth!

This can explain the paranoid knowing thay Scotland Yard, Police, and FBI investigating I heard rumbles of this while getting drunk in a GO GO in England

Especially since he's persisted in tossing in barbs at organizations I'm involved with into threads when those organizations aren't even the subject of the thread. This guy is really worrying.

Two threads, iffy expats and POTY, one organization.

(feel free to correct me if I have misremembered, I'm old and easily confused)

But as you brought it up, how many threads did you name 'organizations' you control, where it wasn't the subject?

As for my failure to 'come out of the closet'.

You are the only one that posts your real name and details in this anonymous forum

(again feel free to correct me)

So a major exaggeration made in another attempt to bully me.

Seems this has become a discussion about specific members, I suggest those members discuss whatever problems they have via the PM system. The open forum is not the place as it will only serve to antagonize people and possibly lead to further unnecessary disclosures.

If you feel a particular member is causing you an issue, the "ignore" function is a useful tool to avoid people.

There is also the "report" function , to bring an issue to the attention of the Moderators.

Ultimately it is your own personal decision to "engage" or not.

A response is not mandatory, its a choice that you make.

CLOSED

• Like 2