Kanchanaburi , cheapest place to get drunk in Thailand ?

N47HAN

God knows what there serving never called in to find out ???

For "there" read "they are"..The standard of English on Thai visa continue on the downward spiral.

Don't you just LOVE the Grammar POLICE ...............clap2.gif You now are the First one to be duly awarded your Grammar Policeman merit Badge since you've passed with honours and flying colours. Well done - welcome to the club.

To ALL tv members. Can we now use this Grammar Policeman award as the norm heron in for anyone you so deem fit to deserve it. I'm 100% SURE this will deter anyone after a while ....... wai.gif

Please download and save to your desktop for any culprits.

Thank you so much for your support.

attachicon.gifGrammar Policeman.jpg

And just so you know, there is only ONE space after a period. coffee1.gif

Just as a note , I noticed the sign when we parked the car to go to steak and cheese ? Just opposite ,

Good menu , good atmosphere , good prices , the Thai staff and owner spoke good english and made us all feel good and we had a good night.

Did I mention I thought the place was good , lol :-)

The 10thb bar looked more like a garden shed to be honest though. Might be a decent place if you know it , but surely the sign puts more people off than it attracts ?

Not sure of the demagraphic hes aiming for , but me and family are not it i guess.

Each to their own and all that..

One can get drunk in Pattaya for less money than in Kancha. In Patt's there are discount day time go-go's, happy hour bars etc. Hardly so in Kancha.

These days, the "Farang-Mile" (as compared to 3 years ago), has not much to offer. 1/3 of the bars remain closed during "off season" but the 25 to 30 available hostesses (mostly old battle-ships), have adjusted their fees up to Phuket and the best corners in Pattaya levels. Just ridiculous!

Of course, if one feels the urge to hang around under capitalized Farang Backpackers, under capitalized Farang English-teachers and xenophobic Japanese River-Kwai-Visitors, this is the place to go !

Cheers.

The 10B bar in Kanchanaburi serves (or at least did a couple years ago) most Thai spirits with ice and mixer for 10B. It's just a cap full of whisky you get but for 10B it's a good deal.

It's usually a good little place to start the night off if there's a crowd of people there as a conversation usually starts up.