2 Chinese, a Thai accused in credit-card scam

webfact

2 Chinese, a Thai accused in credit-card scam

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Two Chinese men and a Thai man were arrested for allegedly using fake credit cards in Phuket's Muang district, police told the press yesterday.

Chinese nationals Tang Yongjie, 39, and He Haibin, 24, along with Thai citizen Thongthaem Bumratkhen, 23, were presented to the press along with evidence including nine fake credit cards, a notebook computer, two card reader/writer devices, one credit-card-reading machine, a router and 70 credit-card slips.

The credit-card receipts showed purchases from Thongthaem's shop from December 26 to 30.

After Kasikornbank filed a police complaint about fake credit cards being used at Thongthaem's shop, police swooped in and arrested the two men and the shop owner on Tuesday.

Police said the bogus credit-card transactions totalled Bt700,000 and the two Chinese men were waiting for Thongthaem to withdraw the cash.

The Chinese duo will also face the additional charge of making fake credit cards.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-01

More high quality Chinese tourists running amok. This is less interesting than some Hi-so tossing noodles...but it should not be less interesting.

THESE are the Chinese coming here. They are worse than the Russian mafia in Pattaya.

• Like 2

More high quality Chinese tourists running amok. This is less interesting than some Hi-so tossing noodles...but it should not be less interesting.

THESE are the Chinese coming here. They are worse than the Russian mafia in Pattaya.

I don't know who is worse, I've watched card skimmers in action one lot in chiang mai looked Thai, the other gang I saw were Russian in BK.

Reported the chiang mai lot to the Kasikorn bank manager on the Monday morning as it was a sunday.

The Russians I steared clear of mainly as lots of people know me in BK and don't want to dual with death.

And how exactly are these representative of Chinese tourists... for a start they are not even tourists!