2015 All Food Related.restaurants,recipes, Suggestions Etc...

Rooo

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...I went for Nostalgia; The last time I had one I still hand hair! smile.png

My sister got one some years back for when I visited the UK and I thought it was atrocious even though we both loved them as kids.

Anyway... did you like it and what was the cost?

Place in Lamai called Snack Shack makes quite nice pies @ 90 Baht a pop. Chicken and mushroom, minced beef and onion, steak and kidney so the usual suspects. Also does scotch eggs, sausage rolls and various sausages.

• 1 month later...

Had a very tasty Pad Prik Gaeng Moo at the Thai cafe just past the departure area inside the airport yesterday while waiting to go through security.

Kind of ironic its probably the best Thai meal I've had on Samui in years.

• 4 weeks later...

Roast pig guy in Lamai across from Kob restaurant. PM me if you need exact directions.

I am coming to Koh Samui for the first time in 3 weeks. Can you advise how far this is from the Lamai Wanta Resort? Is it walking distance? Thanks

Definitely not walking distance...if you are carrying a pig! Otherwise it is. Head up beachroad past McDonalds and keep going until you cross a bridge over a small river. Turn left and head up that road about 200 meters. You should see a small sign on your right just before Kob restaurant with a pig on it, go in there.

Definitely not walking distance...if you are carrying a pig! Otherwise it is. Head up beachroad past McDonalds and keep going until you cross a bridge over a small river. Turn left and head up that road about 200 meters. You should see a small sign on your right just before Kob restaurant with a pig on it, go in there.

Road forks so keep to the right.

My wonder is why someone wants with an entire spit roasted pig when they are coming to Samui for the first time. The're not suckling pigs and must weigh around 18-20kg. 20kg pig will give you between 12 and 15kg of product depending on how it is cut. On average a person will eat 200g of the meat which means there is enough for 60 people.... quite a large party. I stayed in Lamai Wanta a few years back for the night, erm, on business. The fridges in the rooms are not that big so if you are buying bulk for 2 people you will not have enough room to store it.

Family business I understand and they've been doing it for donkeys years. I must have sampled at least 8 over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

Italian Deli next to Bon Cafe, Makro had them in cans.

@ Makro in the foreign Condiment section on your right as you walk in.

Edited by Rooo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can any one help me to find canned Escargots ( Snails ) from Samui and also i need Prague salt / Pink Salt ( Salt 93,5% + 6,5% Sodium Nitrate ) for curing a meat !!

If not get from Samui that Prague Salt, where i can order ????

Have a nice week friends !!!!!!!!

Can any one help me to find canned Escargots ( Snails ) from Samui and also i need Prague salt / Pink Salt ( Salt 93,5% + 6,5% Sodium Nitrate ) for curing a meat !!

Canned snails were in the foreign food section in Big C a few days ago. I stumbled upon them them while looking for something else.

HTH

Saw pink salt (Jamie Oliver's) in Tesco Lamai on the small Tesco UK stand a week or so ago...middle isle of the store, bottom of the coke, pepsi soft drink isle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...