Sold pup not purebred as charged!

You'l grow to love them, never did understand this obsession with papers.

The "obsession" comes from a desire to avoid inbred animals that have a higher likelihood of hereditary illness or disorder. Another way to avoid these problems is the fashion breeds i.e.; Cockapoo, Labradoodle etc or a mut of random mixed breeds.

Tell that to many types of bulldogs- breathing problems, digestive problems- many have to be born by Caesarian .

A vet in a recent programme looking at dog breeds stated that many bulldog breeds should simply be alloweds to die out- the problems are so horrendous .

Breeding of pedigree dogs that command huge prices just makes the problem worse especially if they have to conform to Kennel Club standards- flat noses etc .

To the OP , don't give a damn that they are not quite Yorkies- a bit of a mix will probably give you healthier wonderful little dogs.

Don't forget you are the entire world to a dog, just love them to bits.

• Like 2

I'm sorry you feel you paid too much for the puppies, I hope you recieve a partial rebate. However you have them now, and I think it would be wonderful to raise the dogs as they would be raised by a caring owner, housetrained, and fed accordingly (not all rice) and loved to bits. Also please consider desexing them at 5 months of age before they come on heat, there's far too many unloved mistreated animals already in Thailand, please don't add more. It's really heartbreaking to see them being kicked and starved, or chained up in the sun with no water.

With so many dogs being rescued from the illegal dog meat trade, your money would be better spent helping one or two of them. Soi Dog would love it if you walked in and offered to give a home to them. Many are domesticated dogs, ripped out of their neighborhood. It's a tragic situation. I am not advertising for Soi Dog, but advising that they need help with helping thousands of homeless dogs.

Thousands of homeless dogs vs. millions of starving children...Hmmmmmm

@OP ~ Fatten them up, then starve them for a week. Feed them a large portion of dry, uncooked rice with seasoning followed by a large serving of water. When the rice expands...(I won't add the details in between)...Then enjoy your expensive (?) gormet meal, then use the hide for golf club covers. wai2.gifwhistling.gif

With so many dogs being rescued from the illegal dog meat trade, your money would be better spent helping one or two of them. Soi Dog would love it if you walked in and offered to give a home to them. Many are domesticated dogs, ripped out of their neighborhood. It's a tragic situation. I am not advertising for Soi Dog, but advising that they need help with helping thousands of homeless dogs.

Thousands of homeless dogs vs. millions of starving children...Hmmmmmm

@OP ~ Fatten them up, then starve them for a week. Feed them a large portion of dry, uncooked rice with seasoning followed by a large serving of water. When the rice expands...(I won't add the details in between)...Then enjoy your expensive (?) gormet meal, then use the hide for golf club covers. wai2.gifwhistling.gif

I realise you're only trying to be a clever dick, but this is not how you do it. Grow up.

• Like 2

You'l grow to love them, never did understand this obsession with papers.

The "obsession" comes from a desire to avoid inbred animals that have a higher likelihood of hereditary illness or disorder. Another way to avoid these problems is the fashion breeds i.e.; Cockapoo, Labradoodle etc or a mut of random mixed breeds.

Tell that to many types of bulldogs- breathing problems, digestive problems- many have to be born by Caesarian .

A vet in a recent programme looking at dog breeds stated that many bulldog breeds should simply be alloweds to die out- the problems are so horrendous .

Breeding of pedigree dogs that command huge prices just makes the problem worse especially if they have to conform to Kennel Club standards- flat noses etc .

To the OP , don't give a damn that they are not quite Yorkies- a bit of a mix will probably give you healthier wonderful little dogs.

Don't forget you are the entire world to a dog, just love them to bits.

I am already aware of the issues with Bulldogs, French Bulldogs and Pugs with regards to respiratory issues and people should be aware that these breeds don't do well in certain climates because of these issues however, it is hard to tell when these issues became so prevalent. Early versions of these breeds may not have suffered the way their modern relatives do. Again, inbreeding of two siblings that suffer the same respiratory issues will likely have offspring that exhibit these traits. I am speaking purely scientifically. If you were asked do I support the entire dog breeding kennel club culture you would discover that I am hardly a supporter. The best dog I ever owned was shelter mutt.

just because u received 'papers' doesnt mean u can register them either.... if he goes to register them, it may be that that breeder/puppy mill is listed or blacklisted and he wont be able to breed them, but if someone is really interested in breeding than they wouldnt buy from an unknown breeder as it is, rather buy from known kennel or known registered kennel name dogs or at least see the bitcfh and dog on the property.

most people just want the papers to be able to say they have a purebreed.

nothing wrong with a silky btw, either :) ... and its the shitzu group that get mixed. shtizu mixed with anything that walks and has fur sold as a shitzu... fortunately long fur and cute faces disguise most of the mixes.

like i said, there is some new site that does dna testing for breeds, and yorkies are on their 'checkable' list, back for three generations or something along those lines if it is super important... but when buying any animal

CAVEAT EMPTOR...

even micro chips /numbers can be written up on a litter with a few pups from a '-uck and run' litter mixed in; papers get switched all the time, i know many in the israeli dog world and lo and behold, papers are shuffled .... so no reason to think that it doesnt happen in thailand...

• Like 1

I breed pedigree dogs here. You should have been provided before ( or been smart enough to ask) for pictures of the sire and dam at the time of mating. Hard copy papers and links to find the pedigrees of the sire and dam with whomever they were registered. If only registered with a kennel club in Thailand that is a huge red flag. Also any respectable breeder generally gives you a 6 month window (myself included) that gives you the opportunity to return the dog if any problems arise in regards to illness or congenital defects that may not have been apparent at the time of sale. Of course the breeder as well as the dogs should also be registered as should all pups at the time of their birth. Again so you can cross reference the liiter to the parents. You should be able to return the dogs, if that is your desire, to the breeder for a full refund. This being Thailand though if it is a shonky back yard breeder and you can not prove what you believe I think you will have a very difficult time getting any monies back. If the breeder has no interest in giving you a refund it will be even harder. This can be the problem with not doing your homework correctly. As others have stated it might be best to suck it up and just love and care for the dogs you have purchased. Give them a good home and be a responsible owner. Unless you wanted to purchase dogs specifically for showing and breeding not too many will know except you anyway. Oh and if you are ever looking for an Amstaff just PM me LOL.