Thai girls gossiping about other "handsome" guys while with their foreigner BF

bbi1

They will often talk openly in front of Thai friends/partners about the handsomeness of a man, or how beautiful a woman is, or how fat someone is, or how someone looks like a monkey....all sorts of stuff. And they'll also tell the person who is the subject of the discussion the same thing.

However, it sounds like the occasion the OP is referring to possibly (probably) involved working girls.

If the girl/s in question (working girls or otherwise) have nothing to hide or fear from their Falang partner/BF and are capable of speaking English, they would normally say the things in English.

My missus will go out of her way to point out an especially attractive girl to me, as well as refer in flattering terms to a particularly good looking or muscular (or funny, or happy, or stupid, or ugly, or well/badly dressed) Falang.

Thais like to gossip - enough said.

My wife always points out the ladies we rather large bums ,biggrin.png

I wonder if they are nurses.

They will often talk openly in front of Thai friends/partners about the handsomeness of a man, or how beautiful a woman is, or how fat someone is, or how someone looks like a monkey....all sorts of stuff. And they'll also tell the person who is the subject of the discussion the same thing.

However, it sounds like the occasion the OP is referring to possibly (probably) involved working girls.

If the girl/s in question (working girls or otherwise) have nothing to hide or fear from their Falang partner/BF and are capable of speaking English, they would normally say the things in English.

My missus will go out of her way to point out an especially attractive girl to me, as well as refer in flattering terms to a particularly good looking or muscular (or funny, or happy, or stupid, or ugly, or well/badly dressed) Falang.

Mine too. And the obese. She's even translated a Kiwi term for them; "Bla wan song kha" (2 legged whale)

That's not a saying in NZ, that's a lifestyle.

Mate, you are not wrong. I'm there at the moment and the ratio of obese women of all ages is just mind boggling. I'll be glad to get back home in a few weeks.

I wonder if they would do this if they had a Thai BF next to them & how the Thai BF would react in that situation?

No, absolutely they would not do it with a Thai boyfriend. What you are describing sounds quite rude (far beyond just casually commenting on someone) and a Thai dude isn't going to put up with that. A Thai boyfriend could react in many different ways, from a tongue lashing to one with his fists or just dumping her, but obvious disrespect in public is generally not going to be tolerated.

A lot of Thai chicks feel free to talk as if their farang boyfriend isn't there because they don't understand anything. Like some big dumb buffalo that just follows them around all the time. They don't care how they act in front it, it will keep following them around no matter what they do anyway.

You're right, some of them do this.

Every now and again someone like me will be sitting nearby with my girlfriend who tells me everything she hears, especially when other Thai's are being rude or disrespectful about their foreign husbands in front of them.

She really despises this kind of thing and she won't talk to someone who she deems a 'bad egg'.

It's then up to me to do what I want with that information. Normally I say nothing.

Only ever heard Thai girls talk about attraction to Asian guys.

They aren't usually attracted to white guys unless the guys have lots of money.

OP sounds like BS to me.

It ain't no BS bro. I ain't gay but will say they were dressed in a formal suit & pants & probably were ok looking to the female perspective but nothing that special. What is BS is that all Thai girls are only attracted to money. I've seen lots of foreigner dressed slobs with thai girls. Either they are filthy rich but shockingly dressed slobs or indeed just only slobs.

I witnessed this recently where they were going crazy in Thai while the foreigner BF couldn't understand what they were saying.

Time to learn some Thai, OP wink.png

I do understand some Thai. That is why I heard them gossiping about it while another foreigner who had no clue of the language was sitting there while his gf was commenting about how handsome some other foreigners were who were standing about 40m away.

I wonder if they would do this if they had a Thai BF next to them & how the Thai BF would react in that situation?

No, absolutely they would not do it with a Thai boyfriend. What you are describing sounds quite rude (far beyond just casually commenting on someone) and a Thai dude isn't going to put up with that. A Thai boyfriend could react in many different ways, from a tongue lashing to one with his fists or just dumping her, but obvious disrespect in public is generally not going to be tolerated.

A lot of Thai chicks feel free to talk as if their farang boyfriend isn't there because they don't understand anything. Like some big dumb buffalo that just follows them around all the time. They don't care how they act in front it, it will keep following them around no matter what they do anyway.

I thought it was quite rude as well. They must've forgot that I could understand some Thai or thought they were speaking too fast for me to catch it.

If i get caught looking at a pretty Thai girl my gf always indicates that they are a lady boy. Don't know about others but it always destroys the fantasy .

If i get caught looking at a pretty Thai girl my gf always indicates that they are a lady boy. Don't know about others but it always destroys the fantasy .

I suppose it would if you were gullible.

I suppose it would if you were gullible.

Unless you really do have an inherent predilection for ladyboys ... Which going on your "stats" could mean your gf is your bf

We all know that Thai people love to gossip but is it considered normal & appropriate ...

Since you're posting on a message board that is almost totally dedicated to gossip & tittle-tattle, mostly speculative and unwarranted, it's sort of a case of the pot calling the kettle a nattering old lady. Some of the threads "sound" like they were started by a (stereotypical) gaggle of teenage girls or menopausal old women. Thai Visa needs to start an Agony Aunt forum.

67658601588b6db297058638990fdc10.jpg"Thai people this ... Thai people that ... natter, natter, gossip, gossip, blah, blah."

Edited by Suradit69

We all know that Thai people love to gossip but is it considered normal & appropriate ...

Since you're posting on a message board that is almost totally dedicated to gossip & tittle-tattle, mostly speculative and unwarranted, it's sort of a case of the pot calling the kettle a nattering old lady. Some of the threads "sound" like they were started by a (stereotypical) gaggle of teenage girls or menopausal old women. Thai Visa needs to start an Agony Aunt forum.

67658601588b6db297058638990fdc10.jpg"Thai people this ... Thai people that ... natter, natter, gossip, gossip, blah, blah."

Nah,

Gossip is about people you know, on TV we are all strangers, so not gossip.