Activists call for stringent measures on alcohol sales

Lite Beer

"only 10 percent of motorists underwent the testing...."

This must be a government/police statistic, as based on my observation I doubt that even 1% was tested. But I did see a lot of police by the roadside diligently checking for Internet crime on their phones!

In Kamala the police diligently watch the TV in their gazebo/tent thing! (and have a tipple too I might add)

I can't understand why the Thai youth would want to start drinking. I mean, look at the many fine examples that the farangs, who have wealth, have shown them with their total sobriety. (sarcasm)

One look at a whale-like farang dressed in shorts & wifebeater and proudly displaying a gigantic beer belly should put them off drinking forever. biggrin.png

• Like 1

As long as the PM backed police force continue to own and manage the network of illegal alcohol such as Loa Kao, nothing will change, Not one peep out of he who thinks he can walk on water regarding banning the poison, too much much money at stake, billions in fact. Maybe this is the rich wife he and his cronies refer to. How about these pompous clowns out there including the mouthy Health Minister, compile figures to see what this substance is doing to physical and mental health in Thailand considering kids as young as 10 years old are consuming the liquid on a regular basis. At a guess, I would predict that direct and indirect medical problems from Loa Kao would account for over 50% of the health budget. Just for the record, the local police collect a minimum of 6,000 baht a month per seller and mega bahts from the manufacturers, so it doesn't take a maths degree to see how much this untaxed industry is worth. Back to you General/PM why all the silence and lack of action? When you get serious about doing something concrete and with long term benefits for your citizens and country, maybe then the international community might just take notice of you. For now it is who is this prat prayhuth.

Links and/or proof?

Every village in Thailand have numerous outlets, take your pick and get the info. Of course there are many who prefer not to pay, but when found out by the BIB are locked up until they get the message. Either you do not live in Thailand or you are a pretty naive. Just goes to show the mentality of some farangs by asking for proof and arguing over the name of the poison but no comment on what the substance is doing to peoples health directly or indirectly. What a pathetic request.

As long as the PM backed police force continue to own and manage the network of illegal alcohol such as Loa Kao, nothing will change, Not one peep out of he who thinks he can walk on water regarding banning the poison, too much much money at stake, billions in fact. Maybe this is the rich wife he and his cronies refer to. How about these pompous clowns out there including the mouthy Health Minister, compile figures to see what this substance is doing to physical and mental health in Thailand considering kids as young as 10 years old are consuming the liquid on a regular basis. At a guess, I would predict that direct and indirect medical problems from Loa Kao would account for over 50% of the health budget. Just for the record, the local police collect a minimum of 6,000 baht a month per seller and mega bahts from the manufacturers, so it doesn't take a maths degree to see how much this untaxed industry is worth. Back to you General/PM why all the silence and lack of action? When you get serious about doing something concrete and with long term benefits for your citizens and country, maybe then the international community might just take notice of you. For now it is who is this prat prayhuth.

I just reread you rant.

It seems that everything you say was happening long before the coup took place.

10 year olds on the liquor? Why haven't you reported this to the authorities?

Or are you just another rabble rouser? after the event?

Are you for real sunshine. Firstly, what has the coup got to do with stamping out an illegal corrupt industry, hasn't the man repeatedly reported he is going to stamp out illegal and corrupt activities. Correct me if I am wrong, but han't bootlegging been around for centuries, but hasn't stopped governments bannimg it. Secondly, who do you suggest I report it to? The authorities are supplying the substance. Last but not least, how does stating my objections in eliminating or reducing a serious health problem make me a rabble rouser as you put it? You certainly are one of life's rejects.

Aah, that PM, that Prayuth, he has done so much wrong in half a year (irony)! Wonder what you would have been writing when you would not be so unbiased (irony)!

The explosion of the (regular) consumption of alcoholic beverages among the Thai masses is more than half a century old, but never mind, it doesn't fit in your agenda... And that during the decade of 'Thaksin regime', while owning(!) the Police, nothing happened to even attempt solving the problem, all the opposite in fact, as the producers of 'white spirits', and 'local spirits' got free reins, and enjoyed even larger advantages in excise and taxes compared to the (quality) imported spirits, go wonder why, but wipe that aside also, as it contradicts your rant too...

That while, when you had left General Prayuth out of your 'reaction', for now, you could have seriously made a point IMO, quite sad then.

Well, well, well! Another drooling follower of the great leader. I am sure if you had one ounce of intelligence, you could have composed a far better piece to state your objective. Your feeble attempt to drag up the past with anti Thaksin comments is not only pathetic but rather childish, It pains me to have to continually point out to not so bright farangs the point of a posting. For your benefit here we go again, My rant as you conveniently put it is about the lack of this PM doing anything constructive about this poison, he himself has repeatedly said he would stamp out illegal activities and corruption, but not one peep out of him or the government on this issue. Here we have a health minister attempting to clamp down on alcohol sales without the slightest mention of this substance. Surely any moron can see the damage this stuff is doing to the peoples health and the drain on the health system directly and indirectly, but apparently not the health minister or the PM. If you want to talk the talk Prayuth, you have to walk the walk also. I apologise if any of my comments about your beloved idol have made cause for you to become so stressed and upset and I may have inadvertently burst your bubble. Get real sunshine, it is quite clear my message and has nothing to do with past leaders and governments. That type of rhetoric used as an argument is reserved for those with a limited intellect.

Edited by recycled
  • Like 1

Are you for real sunshine. Firstly, what has the coup got to do with stamping out an illegal corrupt industry, hasn't the man repeatedly reported he is going to stamp out illegal and corrupt activities. Correct me if I am wrong, but han't bootlegging been around for centuries, but hasn't stopped governments bannimg it. Secondly, who do you suggest I report it to? The authorities are supplying the substance. Last but not least, how does stating my objections in eliminating or reducing a serious health problem make me a rabble rouser as you put it? You certainly are one of life's rejects.

I understand what you are saying recycled.

Much like Thaksin saying he was going to fix Bangkok's traffic congestion, eradicate drugs and make everyone in Thailand wealthy.

Good sentiments but making them reality is another thing.

And "stating my objections in eliminating or reducing a serious health problem" would make you a prick, not a rabble rouser.

It is all very well calling for stringent measures on alcohol sales the quick fix method would be to ban all alcohol sales and ban all movement of all traffic on roads that will fix the problem and make everyone fitter, the long term measures to control road fatalities is in education and proper training in the handling of these moving missiles and that is precisely what they are, unfortunately with uneducated brain dead guiding them. coffee1.gif

So, Freedom of Speech, websites being blocked on a daily basis, the Junta leader attributing the wearing of bikinis to women being raped and murdered and now activists calling for restrictions (bans?) on alcohol? Where did I thought I lived? Saudi Bloody Arabia? blink.png

• Like 1

Much like Thaksin saying he was going to fix Bangkok's traffic congestion, eradicate drugs and make everyone in Thailand wealthy.

And "stating my objections in eliminating or reducing a serious health problem" would make you a prick, not a rabble rouser.

Sorry, must be something wrong with my computer; can't seem to find where I stated your objections in eliminating or reducing serious health problems.

BANGKOK, 2 Jan 2015 (NNT) – Activists have urged the government to come up with more effective measures regarding alcohol sales.

Oh Please. The problem is not alcohol sales, but the total and complete lack of law enforcement. That and a total lack of education.

There' is 'law' (haha, what a silly word here) being enforced on those who DON'T pay the requisite bribe to bypass this stupidity, (brought in by Taksin's chum, Purachai. Before that, one could buy alcohol at any time of the day, much like it's Muslim neighbour, Malaysia w00t.gif ). 7/11s, Big C, Tesco, are forbidden to sell between certain hours. You may note that these are all FOREIGN COMPANIES. However, if one is STILL foreign owned but has enough cash/is willing to pay over a very tidy sum to the laughable Thai 'government/junta', alcohol, ( and I don't mean the sh1t that is local 'beers' and Lao Kao - available in forms from shot glasses to little Red Bull bottles') is readily available at any 'mom & mop' store all day/night and freely available all

And as another poster pointed out. Why have the very well known deliterious effects of the poison that is Lao Kao not been taken into account/ forbidden from being produced same Pocheen in Ireland. Rhetorical question dry.png

Edited by jpeg

Sorry, must be something wrong with my computer; can't seem to find where I stated your objections in eliminating or reducing serious health problems.

Sorry, I may have given the wrong message. I quoted what you wrote, not what I thought you inferred -

.................."Last but not least, how does stating my objections in eliminating or reducing a serious health problem make me a rabble rouser as you put it?"................

There's nothing wrong with your computer. whistling.gif

They said the ban on alcohol sales to youths aged below 20 had proven to be a failure due to the fact that children were still able to buy liquor at general outlets.

So they want a ban on sales, even though a ban on sales hasn't worked.

With 20 you aren't children. Driving accidents? Children don't drive....

You will be drafted into the army and risk the life for your country, but you can't buy yourself a beer at the 7/11.

Instead of activist, call them fanatics....