Police hunt for New Year shooters

Lite Beer

Police hunt for New Year shooters
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Police said they were confident that they would be able to find the people who fired shots into the sky during New Year celebrations and injured people with stray bullets.

Royal Thai Police spokesman Pol Lt-General Prawut Thawornsiri said investigators were studying the trajectory of the stray bullets in order to determine the possible location from where the guns were fired.

Police will also look for witnesses before questioning suspects, Prawut said. "I believe the culprits will be found."

At least three people were injured in separate incidents involving stray bullets believed to have been fired during New Year celebrations.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Police-hunt-for-New-Year-shooters-30251123.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-03

The police are following the stray bullets trajectory.......if they came from a horizontal direction, then possibly it could be traced.....

If it came from the sky, as a OP an couple of days indicated and just missing a child.....I can't see how that could be traced.....especially by the RTP.

Edited by ChrisY1

Not saying its not possible to trace stray bullets and such, but you need quite a bit of information before you can trace it. How much powder was used (lot of home made guns here), what kind of gun ect. Not sure you can know that from just a bullet. Angle of shot ect ect (sure you can all find some more)

However going after witnesses would help. That is a better way of going after it.

The police are following the stray bullets trajectory.......if they came from a horizontal direction, then possibly it could be traced.....

If it came from the sky, as a OP an couple of days indicated and just missing a child.....I can't see how that could be traced.....especially by the RTP.

Jeez!

The RTP, as with any police force across the globe, would need eyewitness testimony to determine who (and possibly from where) the bullets were fired.

If however, the RTP (or anyone for that matter) were able to determine the trajectory of the bullet upon impact, it would not take (another) Einstein (or Newton) to figure out from the general direction and location from which the bullet originated. Educate yourself some more by reading the info here.

Pinpointing the actual dumass that fired the gun will be a bigger challenge... unless someone points a finger.

I seriously doubt the RTP is even going to look for the shooters.

This happened a couple of years ago, at our house in Hat Yai.

I was awakened by a terrible noise, and after inspecting the house for an intruder, found a slug in the bathroom that had pierced the roof and ceiling. The next day the neighbors found one in their house, too.

The police were summoned and the sum total of their wisdom was, "Probably better not to sleep upstairs next year."

Big Help.

Edited by MisterStretch

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

just watching the news and i am pretty sure they have been rounded up, so well done the cops, video of them all looking sorry for themselves, in the police station,

Saw this one too, but in typical apologetic fashion, a wai, a sad look, minor fine, and they are out....maybe a more impressionable payback would be appropriate.. line up and lock and load with paint ball weapons.. that would certainly simulate the issue and then give the same reply.. a sad look, a wai, and move on.

Hopefully they will watch the re-run of a Thai current affairs program that was on this morning.. There was footage of about 6 retards out in the garden opening up with Handguns at Midnight. I asked the missus what on earth were they doing and she just said "Sanuk" , so that cleared that up then

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

They get caught already.

10885371_754491151272399_258366570581984

10426844_754491137939067_496737766621433

And here the video: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=874835869204694

The missus was being a bit laid back with the "Sanuk" statement then. Do you know I think sometimes she lies to me , just so she doesn't have to explain it, who would do such a thing

The missus was being a bit laid back with the "Sanuk" statement. Do you know I think sometimes she lies to me , just so she doesn't have to explain it, who would do such a thing

well we can be confident that Thais would never do such a thing, so they must be Burmese...

just watching the news and i am pretty sure they have been rounded up, so well done the cops, video of them all looking sorry for themselves, in the police station,

It would take some very big Thais to not look sorry for themselves when rounded up and declared as guilty in a Thai police station.

Zaaap Zaaap, if you know what I mean.

They get caught already.

Quite amazing how many guns are carried by citizens in this country, and how quickly they will bring them out.

In the colorful photo of the arrestees and the cops, it is refreshing to see some restraint by the police in the constant need to point. . Perhaps the police officers were respecting the fact that the suspects were deep in prayer.

They get caught already.

This Video is a real positve effect, caused of the widespread of mobilephones and facebook users hopefully will this help to bring more of these and other crimes down in the near future, but for sure a much higher arresting rate. thumbsup.gif

They get caught already.

This Video is a real positve effect, caused of the widespread of mobilephones and facebook users hopefully will this help to bring more of these and other crimes down in the near future, but for sure a much higher arresting rate. thumbsup.gif