PDRC to follow up on reforms effort

Lite Beer

PDRC to follow up on reforms effort
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The People's Democratic Reform Committee has set up a "Great Mass of People's Foundation" to follow up on the national reform efforts of the military-led regime, PDRC spokesman Akanat Promphan said yesterday.

He said veteran politician Suthep Thaugsuban, the PDRC secretary-general who is now a Buddhist monk, will serve as the foundation's president, though this post will be held by Sathit Wongnongtaey, another PDRC leader, while Suthep is a monk.

Akanat said the foundation would push for the reforms that the PDRC was campaigning for in its Bangkok street protests last year. "PDRC leaders will work via the foundation until the goals are achieved before we consider our political future," he said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/PDRC-to-follow-up-on-reforms-effort-30251124.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-01-03

One senses a lack of Suthepistas on here defending their honorable leaders intentions. You cant really defend a man who , amongst others, conspires to cause the downfall of a democratically elected government by bringing death and carnage to the streets, all with the full backing of the current military Junta. 'Good Men' is what he called for.

Death and carnage was brought by the reds they even killed kids and its all proven. Its also proven on video that they applauded at the deaths of their opponents untill Tiday who was smart enough (rare thing for a redshirt) to see the public relations disaster curbed the cheering.

Next time get your facts straight.

Not defending Suthep here.. he was a means to an end, he did well in disposing of a corrupt government. If he is corrupt put him in jail just like any other criminal.

• Like 2

One senses a lack of Suthepistas on here defending their honorable leaders intentions. You cant really defend a man who , amongst others, conspires to cause the downfall of a democratically elected government by bringing death and carnage to the streets, all with the full backing of the current military Junta. 'Good Men' is what he called for.

Death and carnage was brought by the reds they even killed kids and its all proven. Its also proven on video that they applauded at the deaths of their opponents untill Tiday who was smart enough (rare thing for a redshirt) to see the public relations disaster curbed the cheering.

Not defending Suthep here.. he was a means to an end, he did well in disposing of a corrupt government. If he is corrupt put him in jail just like any other criminal.

If he comes out of the monkhood to take over this position, doesn't he become vulnerable to lawsuits again?

not that anyone in his position would ever be punished or anything, but it could get messy with claims and counterclaims clogging up the normally super- efficient court system

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

UDD supporters were responsible for the "death and carnage" you alluded to in your weak post and as far as "conspired to bring a democratically elected govt down" REALLY? Apart from one incident of drunken gobbing off ( and Suthep can really gob off ) where he claimed such and such happened between multiple glasses of scotch, there hasn't been one iota of evidence to support your (again) weak claim and as I have said before a "democratically elected govt" lead by a simpleton full of mobbed up thugs and remote controlled from abroad by a widely despised fugitive criminal coward loses ALL democratic legitimacy in my eyes.

The dogs are talking, trying to push their agenda again, can't wait to see you thrashed by the vote again.

wonder if they claim to have 93% support like the partner in crime?

[/qusote]

In fact, they dont really need to. They have enough supporters at the NLA and CDC. :)

If he comes out of the monkhood to take over this position, doesn't he become vulnerable to lawsuits again?

not that anyone in his position would ever be punished or anything, but it could get messy with claims and counterclaims clogging up the normally super- efficient court system

I have no idea.. and also not that interested in the guy, I liked that he disposed of the corrupt government but otherwise I am no supporter of the guy. So if they can get him on something you won't hear me complain.

Your right about Thai courts, they should speed up a lot more. For all parties concerned.

Self-serving means Rob, he couldn't care less about the Thai people or he would face the court too instead of being the no-gooder hypocrite he is. But so far no one has brought him forth, I wonder why?

Both sides caused death and mayhem but unfortunately for some, only one side was elected. The protests were nothing but a funded pity-party made by a bunch of self-obsessed elites who either didn't get part of the take or want to escape blame by pinning it on the other side.

Edited by maxme
  • Like 2

Now back to the topic we have

"foundation would push for the reforms that the PDRC was campaigning for in its Bangkok street protests last year"

If I remember correctly the PDRC didn't get much further than demanding reforms, start with a framework for defining and implementing reforms, but nothing really tangible. They couldn't either of course. Had they published a 1,500 page book "Reforms for Dummies" we'd still get the flak from certain posters.

So I think Akanat should help us and list again those reforms they were campaigning for.

"foundation would push for the reforms that the PDRC was campaigning for in its Bangkok street protests last year"

If I remember correctly the PDRC didn't get much further than demanding reforms, start with a framework for defining and implementing reforms, but nothing really tangible. They couldn't either of course. Had they published a 1,500 page book "Reforms for Dummies" we'd still get the flak from certain posters.

So I think Akanat should help us and list again those reforms they were campaigning for.

They would have if that was part of their agenda but even you know better.

• Like 1

Luckily they didn't since the involvement of the Thai population was required. Even just asking for reforms already gave them enough flak to last a lifetime.

Anyway, you just started here so you probably didn't even hear those reforms they were campaigning for whereas I only simply forgot them rolleyes.gif

Luckily they didn't since the involvement of the Thai population was required. Even just asking for reforms already gave them enough flak to last a lifetime.

Anyway, you just started here so you probably didn't even hear those reforms they were campaigning for whereas I only simply forgot them rolleyes.gif

Oh? You base that assumption on what? And you simply forgot them?

Come on rubl, even the reforms that they promised 2006 never came into effect so why should this be any different? And don't say it's not the same forces behind the reforms because you know too well it is.

People will make a noise if promises that were made are not fulfilled that's the whole point with party system. But thanks to a few, people will not have their voices heard and you can see the censoring soon will surpass any implementation previous prime ministers have made in the past.

Economy is going down the drain, diplomacy is virtually non-existent due the fact that not a lot of countries want to do business with self-empowered people (unless they really have to), the handling of Koh Tao is doing the acting PM no favors and you're still sitting here hoping for reforms that don't even exist.

Edited by maxme

I thought he was going to ride off into the sunset, never return to politics and said he would face jail if he ever did? cheesy.gif

I always found a protests against a hugely corrupt politician lead by this man, one with such a shady past himself that even some of his own party despised him, so massively ironic.

I hope not to see his smug, stupid face plastered everywhere again.

• Like 1

Ahhh, the Mandela of the East will return.

The similarities between the 2 are uncanny.

Except of course Suthep was never responsible for 156 acts of public violence including mobilizing terrorist bombing campaigns killing innocent men, women and children. That was the job of the UDD.

I look forward to Suthep's return and just like Mandela I am sure he will be viewed upon as a bridge that led to democracy.

He was a man whose followers were the victims of violence by the UDD who brought death and carnage to the streets, all with the full backing of the PTP. For the majority to continue to follow him after they knew their lives where at risk from terrorists that acted with impunity it shows a rare magnetism to this man though I do admit the ethos that they adhered to played a big role in this. That ethos being a love for democracy and knowing that a democratically elected government full of undemocratics is not democracy.

Good luck Suthep.

Edited by djjamie

Except of course Suthep was never responsible for 156 acts of public violence including mobilizing terrorist bombing campaigns killing innocent men, women and children. That was the job of the UDD.

I look forward to Suthep's return and just like Mandela I am sure he will be viewed upon as a bridge that led to democracy.

He was a man whose followers were the victims of violence by the UDD who brought death and carnage to the streets, all with the full backing of the PTP. For the majority to continue to follow him after they knew their lives where at risk from terrorists that acted with impunity it shows a rare magnetism to this man though I do admit the ethos that they adhered to played a big role in this. That ethos being a love for democracy and knowing that a democratically elected government full of undemocratics is not democracy.

Good luck Suthep.

Lovely trolling as usual djjamie. :)

Good luck Suthep.

Lovely trolling as usual djjamie. smile.png

Your inability articulate a constructive rebuttal only strengthens my comments and highlights the fact that I am correct.

Was Suthep responsible for 156 acts of public violence?

No.

He was a man whose followers were the victims of violence by the UDD who brought death and carnage to the streets

Of the 28 deaths and 700 odd injuries to terrorist attacks the UDD were responsible for the overwhelming majority? (not a 43% majority mind you) That's a fact unless you still believe in the invisible third hand.

all with the full backing of the PTP.

How many terrorists were arrested that committed the over 200 attacks against the protestors? None from memory. Of course the popcorn gunman was efficiently arrested. So UDD backed terrorist activity arrests - 0%. PDRC backed terrorist activity arrests - 100% Remember a principle of democracy is equal protection under the law (yes, yes yingluck was elected)

It seems that facts over beliefs back up my statements.

Edited by djjamie

Popcorn! It reminds me something.....

Regarding the announcement by red-shirt leaders that they would lead red-shirt people to confront the PDRC protesters, Suthep indicated that the red shirts might face attacks by unknown gunmen.

"They should come because popcorn vendors have made popcorn for them,"

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Suthep-warns-red-shirt-leaders-of-popcorn-vendors-30227329.html

Any of you mouth-breathers care to provide real evidence that UDD or PTP were responsible for violence during last year's protests, or are we dealing with convenient assumptions?

Why even answer this question?

Even with undeniable evidence it is dismissed as a conspiracy.

Even if it went to the courts and the UDD members were found guilty it would be a conspiracy between the elites and the DEMS which is a maoist ethos driven by Dr Weng.

Even when I commented that l lived within 500 meters to the UDD terrorists cell in Khon Kaen and heard rumors (before the raids took place) that UDD supporters were camped out there I was only belittled, denounced and greeted with condescension. A UDD trait that I was also met with when trying to hear Ahbisit speak in Khon Kaen when my family was intimidated and threatened with violence if we kept going (I was with my then 1 year old and 3 year old children) What a swell form of democracy that was. Even after I posted a photo of the apartment with a date and time stamp 5 minutes after a member suggested I didn't actually live in Thailand I was still belittled. Facts were simply overlooked to suit his agenda.

Even when the UDD members clapped and cheered the deaths at the hands of UDD terrorists it was defended.

So why answer your question?

Dr Weng could literally stand up and admit on national TV that the UDD was responsible for the terrorist attacks and some would suggest it was the Right Honorable Ahbisit in disguise because they steadfastly refuse to admit a terrorist political movement who cheers the deaths of innocent people at the hands of terrorists is responsible for all of this. I feel the facts are also overlooked for beliefs because of the emotional time some on this forum have invested in this political movement. this movement that intimidate anyone in their "red village" that does not support the same ethos as them.

Emotional investment is like financial investment. When stocks go down it hurts. In the UDD supporters case it hurts emotionally thus why they will not accept facts.

That is PTP logic and that is why it is pointless answering you question.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

Good luck Suthep.

Words fail me.

Please play some Boney M or something, I need the intellectual distraction.

On a more serious level, the future for Thailand has a few bleak aspects.

There are now too many things that cannot be discussed and long term power plays are clearly in progress.

It's difficult to be optimistic about the next 5 or 10 year cycle for this Country, none of the prospects look good.

Economic growth, tourism, democracy, freedoms, leadership, DFI, education, corruption.....

It is a good sellers market for submarines though.............

Perhaps you could enlighten us about " Sutheps bridge to democracy" ??

Mandela ??? or do you mean Mandible ?

Like when any party associated with him won an election ?

Good luck Suthep.

Words fail me.

There are now too many things that cannot be discussed and long term power plays are clearly in progress.

It's difficult to be optimistic about the next 5 or 10 year cycle for this Country, none of the prospects look good.

Economic growth, tourism, democracy, freedoms, leadership, DFI, education, corruption.....

"Words fail me."

Yet you still managed to excrete 110 words after that statement!

If you cannot stand by your convictions why should I rebut what you say?

Good luck Suthep.

Words fail me.

"Words fail me."

Which convictions, jamie ???

Which election ?

Excrete or do you mean express ??

Good luck Suthep.

Words fail me.

"Words fail me."

Which convictions, jamie ???

Which election ?

Excrete or do you mean express ??

Might be time for someone to go for a nap.

Convictions mean that you said "words fail me" yet you still excreted 110 words after you said that.

Which election? I never said anything about elections in my comment.

Excrete means separate and expel as waste. Comments fall under that.

Have a safe, stable and happy new year my friend.

All the best.

Good luck Suthep.

Lovely trolling as usual djjamie. smile.png

Your inability articulate a constructive rebuttal only strengthens my comments and highlights the fact that I am correct.

Was Suthep responsible for 156 acts of public violence?

No.

He was a man whose followers were the victims of violence by the UDD who brought death and carnage to the streets

Of the 28 deaths and 700 odd injuries to terrorist attacks the UDD were responsible for the overwhelming majority? (not a 43% majority mind you) That's a fact unless you still believe in the invisible third hand.

all with the full backing of the PTP.

How many terrorists were arrested that committed the over 200 attacks against the protestors? None from memory. Of course the popcorn gunman was efficiently arrested. So UDD backed terrorist activity arrests - 0%. PDRC backed terrorist activity arrests - 100% Remember a principle of democracy is equal protection under the law (yes, yes yingluck was elected)

It seems that facts over beliefs back up my statements.

How ironic since you haven't been able to do a rebuttal several threads ago and keep spewing the indoctrination mantra over and over again. Fresh out of ideas perhaps?