French man found hanged in Koh Tao with his hands tied behind his back – foul play suspected

Lite Beer

Interestingly enough it is not uncommon for people to tie their hands behind their back before hanging themselves -- some also tape or cover their mouths. It is a way to make sure they go through with the act and don't try to free themselves or scream out.

Speculation JTJ - look at the photos, read the above posts that describe the scene, and then post something relevant to this death.

It was only a matter of time before TVs very own RTP shill and Koh Tao apologist turned up.

Do not feed the troll.

And who are you? You have some facts to offer ?

I yet have not heard enything else then rumours. Yet you and moust idiots have it all solved and nuking the island, good point there about Pattaya and Phuket wich i believe moust of you commenting live with your rent girlfriends drinking chang and making world more stupid one comment by time.

And the difference in population between the island of death and the other resorts mentioned are??

I apologise most sincerely that the thinking members cannot accept someone tying one hand behind his back with knots that take 2 hands

to accomplish and call his death suicide.

Face it: Your little island kingdom of corruption rape and death is finished as far as tourism is concerned, grow some crops and go fishing if you need to eat.

But be careful of running into psychopaths, its a danger everywhere you know.

Maybe a Koh Tao police officer can show us how the french man could have hanged himself with hands-tied-behind-his-back, jumping from the balcony railing, with two 5cm lacerations to his arm.

What the hell is going on there, on Koh Tao?

• Like 1

Maybe a Koh Tao police officer can show us how the french man could have hanged himself with hands-tied-behind-his-back, jumping from the balcony railing, with two 5cm lacerations to his arm.

Yes indeed what the HELL is going on in Koh Tao?

How many murder cases do they need to do something?

I don't have follow Thai news couple years. Can someone tell how many people and what years have die in Koh Tao. Murders / unclear suicides / "clear suicides"

The suicides, accidents etc rarely are reported - you'd have to ask that data either from the RTP, or from foreign ministries of a bunch of different countries.

STOP! with the Burmese jokes for God's sake.......any Idea how stupid you come across as being?

It may seem unlikely that his hands would be tied if it was a suicide but it really isn't that strange or uncommon

The idea is to tie their own hands and it only needs to be loosely because the rope used is behind their back

They stick there head through the noose jump and the rope, even if it's only dangling behind their back, prevents them from reaching the rope above.

Sad that someone would resort to this at such a young age

RIP

I was going to make a similar comment ... it is not that unusual for someone that really wants to commit suicide to tie their hands first ... and this did happen on Koh Phangan no? not Koh Tao

Yes indeed what the HELL is going on in Koh Tao?

How many murder cases do they need to do something?

Unfair. They find non-Thai scapegoats. That's doing something.

• Like 1

I don't have follow Thai news couple years. Can someone tell how many people and what years have die in Koh Tao. Murders / unclear suicides / "clear suicides"

At least 10-15 foreigners have been found dead on Death Island during a 3 year period....many of these Deaths are definitvely

murders and the others are clearly foul play involved !! But not investigated.....if investigated it is done by corrupt local police ( worthless ). Maffia is running the Island....and it is a small Island...easy for them to Control !! Stay away !!

Can we be spared photos of the deceased.... if they have not already been posted to facebook, that would be an improvement. Does anyone know if his next of kin has been notified and the name of the deceased.

And while i'm making requests, someone slap the reporter how is this a murder suicide??? Is there another corpse or evidence this person snuffed out another life shortly before their own??

• Like 1

Thee used to be a website which reported all farang deaths in Thailand.

It's not there anymore but you still can find it on the waybackmachine.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130805071551/http://farangdeath.tumblr.com/

Well, poster #2 troll has showed up, like the "J" poster, I wonder if less than alturistic reasons for their posts. Try to not feed the trolls. I studied suicide and the resemblance in murder investigation also. Yes suicides do sometimes tie their own hands, usually with a slip type knot that enables them to put their hands, last hand, in after putting the noose over their head. Possible, but the photos I see of the tied wrists did not look like the type done for suicide or sexual strangulation. The cuts supposedly were not on the wrists. Still more information needed and if if typical for KT investigation it is already screwed beyond recovery. Anything like this in KT should raise all the suspicion there is to raise. The killer (killers) of Hanna and David (not his/their first kill) are still on the loose. Maybe somebody was home for the holidays.

The only suicide I had to do the actual investigation on (first officer on the scene) including the OMI intitial investigation (not pretty) was a friend of mine that put her boy friend's, (my boat officer) 7mm Mag in her mouth and pulled the trigger. After the OMI put her face back on I could recognize her.

• Like 2

Just when you think it can't get any worse for Koh Tao. What the hell is going on there ?! Cue the apologists "it can happen anywhere". Yeah, just much much more likely in Thailand than anywhere else.

RIP to yet another poor foreigner.

Let the investigation take it's course. Thailand is not rife with serial killers or gangsters, most of them come here on the plane.

Thailand is rife with at least mobsters, gangsters and scammers... serial killers are an American thing.

Most coming in on the planes are tourists.

Serial killers can be from any country. It's just less likely to be reported or investigated properly in certain countries. One of the most prollific serial killers ever was from the communist Soviet Union. There's a good movie about it starring Donald Sutherland. The movie will also show you why these things happen(ed) but don't get reported as much as they do in the free nations. Propaganda etc. You'll hardly ever hear about a Chinese. North Korean, Iranian or Thai serial killer (at the moment anyway). There are reasons for this and it's not always down to cultural reasons. Thailand will have its fair share of nutters like anywhere else.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112681/

http://maamodt.asp.radford.edu/Serial%20Killer%20Information%20Center/Serial%20Killer%20Statistics.pdf

This might be a bit of an eye opener for you.

• Like 1

I thought I read earlier that the local BIB had solved the case as a suicide?

Yeah, in order to solve this crime as a suicide they must have all been blind. They deem every single death in this country a suicide if they can get away with it.

How long do you think it would take you walking into a room with a hanging body before you noticed his hands were behind his back...that is assuming his back wasn't already facing them. In that case, they would definitely have to be blind.

I have NEVER heard of one person falling from a high rise where it was deemed to be murder. I refuse to believe there hasn't been any number of falls caused by being pushed or a fight. I guess if you want to commit the perfect crime here, just push your victim off a balcony or hang them and don't tie their hands behind them or at least cut the rope. Don't worry, the BIB won't look for rope burns or unusual bruises or indications the rope marks are at the wrong angle.

Can we be spared photos of the deceased.... if they have not already been posted to facebook, that would be an improvement. Does anyone know if his next of kin has been notified and the name of the deceased.

And while i'm making requests, someone slap the reporter how is this a murder suicide??? Is there another corpse or evidence this person snuffed out another life shortly before their own??

I agree. Please don't post images of this poor chap hanging.

I will allow the image of the tied wrists but nothing more than that. Other mods may feel even this is too much and may remove these too.

• Like 2

STOP! with the Burmese jokes for God's sake.......any Idea how stupid you come across as being?

It may seem unlikely that his hands would be tied if it was a suicide but it really isn't that strange or uncommon

The idea is to tie their own hands and it only needs to be loosely because the rope used is behind their back

They stick there head through the noose jump and the rope, even if it's only dangling behind their back, prevents them from reaching the rope above.

Sad that someone would resort to this at such a young age

RIP

I was going to make a similar comment ... it is not that unusual for someone that really wants to commit suicide to tie their hands first ... and this did happen on Koh Phangan no? not Koh Tao

Nope. It happened on Koh Tao, as the OP indicates, and: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1420271783&section=13 , and all the other sites you may care to google. ;)

I pretty sure I've run out of the obvious sarcasm that plagues these occurrences. I'm fairly sure that virtually everyone who's life is extinguished via hanging by an executioner, be it state sanctioned or not, has their hands tied. Given this wasn't a state sanctioned execution (well, maybe) then I'm betting most likely a murder (Occam's Razor). Either that or a 'Houdini Approach' to auto-erotic asphyxiation.

Edited by connda

R.I.P. that man.

If there is any sort of 'positive' to take out of the events of the last 3 months, is that now every single case like this (especially in Koh Tao ) will be met with a lot of skepticism and be put under extreme scrutiny. As cases like this should be, keep the island murdering mafias on their toes.

• Like 1

I would like to see better photos of his hands, preferably both hands and how they were tied. Joakimbkk, read my post earlier, suicides do sometimes tie their hands with a slip note for the last hand so they can put the noose over their head. Also used in sexual self-strangulation where the victim screws up and can't get the noose loose in time or the built in "release" doesn't work. Carradine in BKK a few years back.

No conspiracy theories on this one please.

blink.png

Rest in peace to the victim.

Yes, the "Victim" is now resting in Peace. Most conspiracy theories have some basis. No real facts have come out to

base an opinion about what really happened-- unless, of course, you read this initial report and smelled something funny.

The report would be really laughable if the event wasn't so tragic.

The person who wrote the article may be the one at fault for not reporting in a professional manner. Misunderstanding

has happened in Many other articles about varied subjects--have no idea who the writers are or do the Police write

the articles and are copied here? Have no idea.

• Like 1