Just An Idea

winle

Well done to everyone at thaivisa, great forum, i would like to see somewhere on the forum a place where we could review, suggest and discuss websites, that we have seen while surfing and like or dislike or whatever, would anyone else like see and use such a feature?????

Guest IT Manager

We can do it, but there are issues involved.

If you want to suggest a website thats fine but dont put it in as a html link, rather start a topic on useful websites without using links in the posts.

If that can be done, likely not a problem, if they are NOT online fora. I know you will understand why.

IT

winle...(why not?)start your own website...

I think, your own personal website is really the best, because on your own website, you can post, what you want.

I found this really most useful, when meeting other people on the internet. It is a good way of easy self-introduction and invitation to contact you by posting some opinion about your website on your own message-board or by signing a guest book.

My own website is

http://www2.gol.com/users/johann

There are, beside other stuff, also some nice pictures inside, especially of South Thailand.

Any comments welcome.

Johann

IT,

If you want to suggest a website thats fine but dont put it in as a html link

I don't quite understand? Are hyperlinks not allowed here, e.g., Yohan's link to his website shown in his post above?

There's something here I'm missing.........

I don't quite understand? Are hyperlinks not allowed here, e.g., Yohan's link to his website shown in his post above?

It is nothing written like that in the forum rules.

Why shall I not inform about my own website? With pictures I made myself, and texts I wrote myself.....nothing else there....

Maybe he talks about copyrights, commercial advertisements, sexy links.......

and there is no online-shopping on my webpage.....

There is no obligation for any member to remain in hiding and to post solely by using a nickname.....

It is also possible to post the own webpage into the user profil or as signature....

Johann

Winle, all members.

Bookmark our homepage:

http://homepage.mac.com/mgnewman/KenLat/

Then page down the left hand subheadings column to Asia, Bangkok, Hotels, Forums, Jokes/Poems, Military, Pattaya, Photos, Thailand, Travel or any other topic and then click on all the URL's within that topic heading.

You will find all of the URL's/Websites I have found to be interesting for sure.

That should take care of the first year of your learning process...lol

Our homepage has been a labor of love. We have spent countless hours building it into what it is. Thanks to Mike Newman, a cherished friend who lives in Saipan who put the homepage up for us, we now can easily find info we may have forgotten the URL address too easily now.

Ken/Rattana Bower

San Antonio Texas USA

Visiting Thailand since 1971

IT,
If you want to suggest a website thats fine but dont put it in as a html link

There's something here I'm missing.........

I really like to ask an administrator on this forum:

What is wrong by posting links related to Thailand? Or is it not wrong?

Still unclear to me. I like to receive any advice about it.

Johann

The whole internet is based on url linking. We currently accept links to Thailand related non-commercial websites. BTW, urls are not allowed in signatures.

The best is to add your URL to your profile instead:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?act=UserCP&CODE=01

and then tell everybody when posting "please see URL in my profile".

Excessive linking or linking to "bad neighborhood" will be deleted by admins.

If in doubt just PM to ######, for advice.