Rural land value, Chaiyaphum ?

cornishcarlos

Without further details and knowing that it hasn't got chanote I wouldn't sell it below 2 million Baht, but would try to get 3 million plus.

Fatfather

I think this would be a fair price, but that's just a guess.

My sil sold a block outside of Chaiyapum, not sure the Thai size, but perhaps quarter acre for 100,000b 2 years ago to a foreighn guy.

Not as nice looking as your block, more of a dirt mound really.

• Like 1

I know the area you are talking about but i don't know it's value but i was

sitting and talking with some local people and the conversation was about

land and land values, there is a firm belief that when Bangkok becomes

flooded (and it will) people and industry will be moving north so if you

can't sell in the near future consider what i heard because land values

will just go up in the future.

There are also stories that people are buying up land around there because of a potential for oil in the ground :)

They love a tale of imminent fortune

From what I hear in Chaiyaphum the new "authorities" are clamping down on land deals involving non chanote land so go carefully people are being advised to keep their heads down

The real value criteria is location and this will dictate a price between 30000 and 300000 so no one can really advise without seeing and knowing the area

As an aside ,in the past Chaiyaphum has been considered remote and land almost worthless but the last 10 years has seen a real strengthening of land values and speculators from the south and Bangkok have been buying up there.

Uunless you are desperate for the money it should be a great investment over the next few years as more and more roads are constructed after all with land they are not making any more of it !

I repeat as mentioned before ....

To get an accurate price : The local land office - they will look up the value in there documentation for that area

To get an estimated price : Talk to the neighbour / locals

Then compare the two ...

This is the only way you will achieve a fair estimate for the value of your land..... coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I repeat as mentioned before ....

To get an accurate price : The local land office - they will look up the value in there documentation for that area

To get an estimated price : Talk to the neighbour / locals

Then compare the two ...

This is the only way you will achieve a fair estimate for the value of your land..... coffee1.gif

Or just put a high price on it and see if anyone buys it :)

From my own esperience don,t listen to the neighbours with there wild west storie,s. The truth is; its all about location. Daydreamer,s keep on dreaming. Selling property ;you can call yourself one of the lucky one,s when you walk away with more money than what you invested in Thailand.

• 2 years later...

How is the situation today? We got offered 14 rai to 60k pr rai without chanote, dirtroad access, no houses around, just plots of farmland around. No electric access either, wich is about one km down the road. 

I will offer him 35k to start with, and se where it goes. The land have an old bungalow, pond, and rubber trees. Some fruit trees, bamboo, and big trees of some kind of sort. 

Edited by Hummin